Cars you have smoked...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Wow people on the RDX board are kinda uptight . If you think VeNeNo's bad now, you should've seen him back in the day's of his turbo eclipse with the park bench spoiler! haha I personally know of Mr. VeNeNo's speeding addiction ( if its any compensation, the last time i chilled w/him he got 3 tickets in 1 stop haha) since we went to high school and college together and are fraternity brothers.

To be honest with you when you're out there on the road and you and someone else get engaged in race, you're not maliciously thinking "i dont give a damn about anyone else on the road, I'm gonna do what i want and endanger everyone!". You're caught up in the moment which it is easy to do, but as long as the roads are empty and the only person u can hurt is yourself by crashing into a tree or something, a lil contest here and there isn't so bad. After driving VeNeNo's RDX, its no wonder why RDX owners have a tendency to punch it once in a while, as long as the roads are relatively empty as i stated before. That way you're taking on the risk personally instead of imposing it on fellow road going patrons, and you'll know you're taking the risk of that radar gun being fixated on you and the person you're racing lol.

I think every car enthusiasts has gone through the days of racing anything with wheels all willy nilly up and down the streets and even now laugh when we see 16 year old ricers in their eclipses and civics , but as we get older we have to mature and think about the consequences of such actions and the right times and conditions to act on our need for speed, which should honestly be kept at a track but sometimes it happens on highways.
Neo

I agree with you that when we were young, there is this tendency in us to wanna push our cars and feel it's potential...

When you say an "empty" road, I hope it means a back road in some back country somewhere, where there is not a soul in sight for years... because, when you consider a real street, where cars do frequent it, then it is really not "empty"... when you are racing, your mind is only on getting even with or beat the other racer... you are not paying attention to a poor innocent driver coming out from a small side road or a pedestrain happen to just come out from a hidden bush... if it's a regular city street, or even a freeway, where cars use it frequently... IT IS NOT REALLY EMPTY

Only just a week ago in Vancouver BC here, a couple of young adults, in a brand new 2008 BMW 335i, I guess they were thrilled with their turbocharged engine and want to test/show off it's power (like some here have indicated as well in their RDX), lost control while speeding excessively on a city road ("nobody else" was on that road that time), flew off like a plane for almost 200ft, and slammed into a tree. The bimmer broke into two pieces, all 5 young adults was killed instantly...
Thank God no one was around then, but it was a regular city street, if someone or some car happen to be in the wrong place at that wrong time, think of the additional mayhem...

It's one thing to wanna personally go thrill yourself with street racing and potentially get killed... it's another to go around and promote this behaviour... tell this (the thrill of racing your RDX and testing it's turbo) to a police officer that it's all about "good old fashion time fun" and see what he/she says...

It's not about being uptight... I have pushed cars hard and enjoyed testing it's power potential before... in my old bimmer 330i, I went to a BMW test circuit offered to car owners, and I really saw how good the handling and power of the bimmer was... What I took from that was, I know that if a situation arises where my bimmer happen to lose traction for whatever reason, I know how to engage the car's suspension and TCS to bring it back under control... I also got to know how good the engine was in overtaking (for passing slower moving cars on the freeway)... basically, I got to know what the bimmer can or cannot do on a safe controlled circuit...

Yes, there is a racer boy tendency in all of us... no denying that... but we all have the ability to make the right choices... we may have done it once or twice in our younger days, but shouldn't growing up in years help to make us wiser and not more reckless?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i dont think anyones intent in this thread is to boast about "racing" the rdx like they are running a local circuit. i think you guys are pulling stuff out of context
Old 02-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MMike1981
i dont think anyones intent in this thread is to boast about "racing" the rdx like they are running a local circuit. i think you guys are pulling stuff out of context

I am sorry... if someone like Venono goes around boasting about which sports sedan he recently conquered, that is promoting racing of the RDX...

It is very different if someone says that in a tight situation on the freeway, like trying to pass a couple of trailers which happen to be hogging the road, and this person has to exit very soon, and the only way was to pass those trailers, and talked about how the turbo of the RDX helped quickly and safely pull ahead of those trailers and exit safely off the freeway... that is really promoting the utility of the plentiful torque of the RDX and not about how superior it is to other sports sedans by giving examples of street racing "trophies"...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM
big shot.

if u r neck and neck with a friend and do a 30-60 run or a quick 50-80 run on the highway, thats not a big deal at all, its the same as passing a few cars or merging etc, in my opinion. we've all done somethiung to that effect on an open stretch of highway.

if the kid is talkin about humming thru a busy city, a street, or a local 2 laner, then hes got somethin comin to him, like a pole, a lawsuit, hand cuffs etc...have fun in the truck, but its still a truck, theres a difference between safety and stupidity. 3 of my friends have suspended licenses, i dont understand the importance of doin this crap. i did a run o nthe highway with my buddies ml55 to see where the rdx matched up, were we racing? no. but it was enough for me to know exactly where the rdx stood, pretty much at the top of the pyramid with basically any suv/cuv out there besides the porsche turbo.

prime example, the other nite im in my friends e class. there is something about stupid benz owners where if they see another benz on the road they need to race eachother, on starrow drive no less in boston, they r idiots. my friend starts goin after another e350, all the while im tellin him to stop, he stops, the e in front of us blasts by a statey and gets pulled over immediately. its shit liek that that is just pointless and stupid. just putting people in danger and/or yourself.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
were we racing? no.
I don't think there's a single cop, DA or judge in the country that would agree with you there. In most states that's infraction along the lines of "engaging in a competition of speed" that comes with giant fines, lengthy license suspensions and no insurance company wanting to touch you with a 10 foot pole. They have plenty of good reason to do so. Drivers that engage in these behaviors are substantially more likely to be involved accidents as they've demonstrated markedly poor judgment and are very likely to do it again.

If you're seriously trying to justify street racing (an tweaking the definition to preclude situations you're calling safe doesn't change the fact that it is indeed what you're doing) as something that is a justifiable risk, you're going to come off looking very, very stupid. Simply put, there are infinitely more unknowable variables on the road than even experienced racer can compensate for to safely compete against another driver while simultaneously operating ones own vehicle near the bounds of abilities. Believing otherwise just shows that you're arrogant and oblivious to the fact that you do indeed suck at driving.

Make one trip to a track and you will fully understand what I mean. It is a humbling experience.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
big shot.

1. so, when ur on an open stretch of highway, and give your car some gas, from like 50mph to 75....you are "racing"?? Passing some slow movers clogging the highway, and u do a 20mph sprint, are you racing???? please. from your post it looks like u wana call any kind of "sprinting" racing.

2. been at the track. audi events, and Benz events.

and, am i justifying street racing? are u kidding me or did u not read my post? street racing is retarded. getting on the accelerator on the highway is a far cry from any form of racing.

trust me, been in front of a judge, as defined by your state "drag racing" is alot different than just speeding. and a 30-60 mph run on a highway with a limit of 65 is well within being safe. ill argue with a cop any day on the stand about how hed like to classify a ticket. Im well within my legal right to accelerate within the speed limit.

no, we werent racing. we werent even over the speed limit. 2 cars coming down the road at the same speed? that basically happens 24/7. 2 cars flaming thru a city street with a posted 45 and ur going 70 with another car, thats racing.

your post is pretty arrogant and over the top bro. christ.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG - - you know what they say about fighting over the internet...
Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
big shot.

yea, totally gheyyyy.

not tryin to fite. this whole thread is ghey anyway. lets, cough, race our SUV against cars that we kno are faster....? whatever.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
don't be a troll...

Mav take it easy.. This is a fun thread for the people who enjoy it. It brings excitement to the RDX forum, unlike repetitive threads about how much snow you get in Canadia. If you want to partake in our thread you are more than welcome to but please don't Turbo bash its not nice. Any one who has a few years experience driving knows the dangers of crashing and or losing your license due to excessive speed or not obeying traffic laws. It is very noble of you to be worried about the safety of your fellow Aziners and innocent pedestrians but we don't need an extra mother nagging us. Life is harsh at times lighten up so we can all enjoy...

Paz
Old 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Pro

Agreed. Let's keep it safe unlike these idiots: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3644391 on a recent drive in Death Valley. The group met up in Vegas and drove to Death Valley. Two STis got a little enthusiastic and flew off a 6 ft ledge. Luckilly, no one was killed. And they claim they were going speed limit.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not trying to start a flame war. I know at least one person who got ticketed and consequently in a bunch of trouble for what you would call a benign situation. He was at a light on a two lane road. Not very far a the road narrowed down to one lane. He and the car next to him punched it trying to beat each other to the restriction. They only got up to 35 before one of em had to concede. They both got pulled over and reamed by legal system.

The situation you were describing, and I quote "if u r neck and neck with a friend and do a 30-60 run or a quick 50-80 run on the highway", is exactly what the law defines as a contest of speed. Two cars, competing for speed. It doesn't matter what speed you're actually going (even though you claim 80 is somehow legal), the point is that you're competing. It doesn't really matter if you agree with me or not because the law does.

I came off sounding arrogant because you came off sounding stupid. I don't know what else to say there. I wish I could just say if you want to kill yourself being dumb, go for it. The problem is you have a high likelihood of killing some one else - and by extension, me - in the process. It's hard not to care how stupid other people are when it's threatening my life.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
Mav take it easy.. This is a fun thread for the people who enjoy it. It brings excitement to the RDX forum, unlike repetitive threads about how much snow you get in Canadia. If you want to partake in our thread you are more than welcome to but please don't Turbo bash its not nice. Any one who has a few years experience driving knows the dangers of crashing and or losing your license due to excessive speed or not obeying traffic laws. It is very noble of you to be worried about the safety of your fellow Aziners and innocent pedestrians but we don't need an extra mother nagging us. Life is harsh at times lighten up so we can all enjoy...

Paz
I am not "turbo-bashing" whatever that means... And I live in Canada, not "Canadia".

Yes, indeed, life is harsh at times... so does that mean we go off on the street to race against other cars to lighten up or "loosen" the stress load?
Again, tell that to a cop or judge, "Sir, I'm so stressed lately, racing against this car was my way to loosening up"...
And the judge replies: "So what about that car that you side-swiped" or "What that person you hit at the road corner when you lost control"...
And you reply: "well, Sir, simply casualty of my road joy... I will be more careful next time and I will promote less of it on the RDX forum I am on"...

I am really not wanting to look for thread bashing... but just to see some one like yourself promoting, encouraging and trying to convince people how much fun it is to street race against other cars in our RDX and report the victories here on the thread... is simply irresponsible... (your thread responses clearly did all of that).
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238
Only just a week ago in Vancouver BC here, a couple of young adults, in a brand new 2008 BMW 335i, I guess they were thrilled with their turbocharged engine and want to test/show off it's power (like some here have indicated as well in their RDX), lost control while speeding excessively on a city road ("nobody else" was on that road that time), flew off like a plane for almost 200ft, and slammed into a tree. The bimmer broke into two pieces, all 5 young adults was killed instantly...

I'm 99% sure you're talking about the kid with the new BMW M5. He was actually on an airplane landing strip no one around. They did go in the air and hit a tree. Unless this is some kind of unbelievable coincidence then I think you are talking about the M5 guy. But that still shows you that speed kills in any type of environment.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124526

Had a long discussion about this on my bimmer forum.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Burning Brakes

if u r neck and neck with a friend and do a 30-60 run or a quick 50-80 run on the highway, thats not a big deal at all, its the same as passing a few cars or merging etc, in my opinion. we've all done somethiung to that effect on an open stretch of highway.

if the kid is talkin about humming thru a busy city, a street, or a local 2 laner, then hes got somethin comin to him, like a pole, a lawsuit, hand cuffs etc...have fun in the truck, but its still a truck, theres a difference between safety and stupidity. 3 of my friends have suspended licenses, i dont understand the importance of doin this crap. i did a run o nthe highway with my buddies ml55 to see where the rdx matched up, were we racing? no. but it was enough for me to know exactly where the rdx stood, pretty much at the top of the pyramid with basically any suv/cuv out there besides the porsche turbo.

prime example, the other nite im in my friends e class. there is something about stupid benz owners where if they see another benz on the road they need to race eachother, on starrow drive no less in boston, they r idiots. my friend starts goin after another e350, all the while im tellin him to stop, he stops, the e in front of us blasts by a statey and gets pulled over immediately. its shit liek that that is just pointless and stupid. just putting people in danger and/or yourself.
Mike

This is exactly what I was referring to in all my posts... I agree that we have all at one point in time, kicked that RDX turbo onn the freeway and very quickly accelerate past other cars, BUT as you said, we weren't racing... It's all about the attitude behind going fast in your car...

But what your friend in his E350 did is exactly what was expressed in the "victory" posts here... the point of those run offs was to claim victories, and for some posters here in this thread, report them to promote how great our RDX is in winning races over other sports sedans.

As you stated so clearly, "its shit liek that that is just pointless and stupid. just putting people in danger and/or yourself"

Can you imagine what would happen if the RDX actually had say 350-400 HP? I shudder to think about it... there will be reports in this thread about it beating M5s, M6s, AMGs, etc... Have you ever heard of a GT class racing car or Formula 1 car with the ride height as high as the RDX? No... why... because when you race, you wanna get as low as possible to maximize road handling and reduce the chance of flipping over... The RDX is really NO racing car... it is a CUV...

For me, having driven the RDX for close to a year now, I know it can hold it's own and would be more than able to merge into a busy fast moving freeway...

Really, if one wants to prove conclusively, that his RDX is the king of the regular street, I suggest they "pink" it on a drag circuit, like on the TV reality show. Run it fair and square from standing stop, for the full 500 yards. If your car is truly king of the road, there would be no doubts when you win that race and not lose your ride...

Reporting winning street races is 1) meaningless because it does not conclusively prove the prowess of the RDX, the street conditions is very dynamic, which means, you always have to watch out for unexpected dangers to yourself and to others, 2) it is simply an ego trip, and nothing really to be proud of, it is only an instant in time and when you aged, you will probably forget it as well...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
But that still shows you that speed kills in any type of environment.
Amen. A 25 year old State Trooper was killed this past week pursuing a speeding vehicle as he lost control of his Crown Vic and smashed into a tree. Damn near cut his cruiser in two...sad, but you're right, speed can kill in any type of environment.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro

Direct link to the M5 Forum story: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=111545 . Truly sad.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SinCity
Direct link to the M5 Forum story: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=111545 . Truly sad.

I have to admit that story sobered me up. I love to drive fast. The adrenalin rush is better than sex.

In fact, I'm so sobered by this article, I've decided to trade my RDX for a much slower vehicle, the one I amost bought before I bought my 08 RDX: A Land Rover LR2. A really nice vehicle but it crawls at 8.4 secs to 60. Acceleration and top end speed were the only reasons I picked the RDX over the LR2.

It's no fun owning a fast car if you can't drive it fast. So I might as well get rid of it. The Alty too. That's it for me. No better cure for the urge to drive fast than by owning slow cars.

By next month, you'll find me in the slow lane between a grandma in front and grandpa in the car behind me.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ThePlainsman
I have to admit that story sobered me up. I love to drive fast. The adrenalin rush is better than sex.

In fact, I'm so sobered by this article, I've decided to trade my RDX for a much slower vehicle, the one I amost bought before I bought my 08 RDX: A Land Rover LR2. A really nice vehicle but it crawls at 8.4 secs to 60. Acceleration and top end speed were the only reasons I picked the RDX over the LR2.

It's no fun owning a fast car if you can't drive it fast. So I might as well get rid of it. The Alty too. That's it for me. No better cure for the urge to drive fast than by owning slow cars.

By next month, you'll find me in the slow lane between a grandma in front and grandpa in the car behind me.
I am not sure if you were being sarcastic in your last remark above, but regarding your point "It's no fun owning a fast car if you can't drive it fast. So I might as well get rid of it.", I think a little clarification is needed there.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to go fast in a car that was designed to go that fast... along that line of thought, Germany's Autobahn is one example... Or Montana main interstate I90 is another. But those are some exceptions...

The probability of getting yourself or someone else killed while driving fast (like in that M5 accident described in one of the posts) gets significantly higher when you do it in an urban setting and in an environment not suited to doing high speed drives.

I think what bugs a number of readers here is the attitude of "what is it your problem if I speed or street race? I will do what I like, it's none of your business."
Well, it is our business, because as fellow drivers and users of the public roads, we share the same driving environment as do you street race warriors... It is not about mothering anyone, it is about doing our part to voice our concern and ensure that we let people know that we do not want ourselves or our families to be endangered by irresponsible acts of some people.

If there is such a thing in this world, where a city is built to house a community of street racers only, where they do what they like in that city in regards to driving aggressively, recklessly, and/or excessive speeds, great... then at least any potential mayhem which occurs is constrained to happen to those who choose to live that way.

Whether we feel that way or not, but the fact is, we do not live alone, we live in a community, so if we act recklessly or irresponsibly with our driving, we can potentially affect other people...

If indeed the truth is that we should "turn a blind eye" and mind our own business, then the same can be said for the cops and justice system, they should also be not bothering with you fast car enthusiasts and leave you alone... But you know they won't and will come after you if you break the speed/racing law...because they have a similar responsibility to look after the welfare of the community they serve and their own families...

Think about this, those young people in the M5 that died in the horrific crash, were probably also having the "good old fashioned time fun" and claiming it as a victory somehow over the cars they went past... whatever the reason, it is most likely that they were just wanting to "feel the adrenalin" rush and enhance their egos...
But at what cost???

Trust me (or all the written auto test articles on the RDX), the RDX is no slow coach... but we don't have to go and beat other cars on the street to prove it...
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Instructor

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic in your last remark above, but regarding your point "It's no fun owning a fast car if you can't drive it fast. So I might as well get rid of it.", I think a little clarification is needed there.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to go fast in a car that was designed to go that fast... along that line of thought, Germany's Autobahn is one example... Or Montana main interstate I90 is another. But those are some exceptions...

The probability of getting yourself or someone else killed while driving fast (like in that M5 accident described in one of the posts) gets significantly higher when you do it in an urban setting and in an environment not suited to doing high speed drives.

I think what bugs a number of readers here is the attitude of "what is it your problem if I speed or street race? I will do what I like, it's none of your business."
Well, it is our business, because as fellow drivers and users of the public roads, we share the same driving environment as do you street race warriors... It is not about mothering anyone, it is about doing our part to voice our concern and ensure that we let people know that we do not want ourselves or our families to be endangered by irresponsible acts of some people.

If there is such a thing in this world, where a city is built to house a community of street racers only, where they do what they like in that city in regards to driving aggressively, recklessly, and/or excessive speeds, great... then at least any potential mayhem which occurs is constrained to happen to those who choose to live that way.

Whether we feel that way or not, but the fact is, we do not live alone, we live in a community, so if we act recklessly or irresponsibly with our driving, we can potentially affect other people...

If indeed the truth is that we should "turn a blind eye" and mind our own business, then the same can be said for the cops and justice system, they should also be not bothering with you fast car enthusiasts and leave you alone... But you know they won't and will come after you if you break the speed/racing law...because they have a similar responsibility to look after the welfare of the community they serve and their own families...

Think about this, those young people in the M5 that died in the horrific crash, were probably also having the "good old fashioned time fun" and claiming it as a victory somehow over the cars they went past... whatever the reason, it is most likely that they were just wanting to "feel the adrenalin" rush and enhance their egos...
But at what cost???

Trust me (or all the written auto test articles on the RDX), the RDX is no slow coach... but we don't have to go and beat other cars on the street to prove it...
No, I was not being sarcastic. And I don't race. I drive fast--on Interstate highways when the traffic thins out or disappears. VERY FAST, as in to the cutoff. Why buy an RDX just to go 65 mph? I'd buy a friggin' slow ass Buick LeSabre if I want to drive 65.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ThePlainsman
No, I was not being sarcastic. And I don't race. I drive fast--on Interstate highways when the traffic thins out or disappears. VERY FAST, as in to the cutoff. Why buy an RDX just to go 65 mph? I'd buy a friggin' slow ass Buick LeSabre if I want to drive 65.
Well, I have driven on the interstate in montana with speeds up to 130 mph, straight freeway. Like you said, not racing, very few cars in sight. Most cars, even the ones like Buick Le Sabre, were also travelling around 100-130 mph.

But would I do the same on an interstate in say, Washington State (I5) or California (I5)? I don't think so... too many cars populating the freeway... to maintain the speed, would have to weave in and out, too dangerous...

There is a reason why the Federal authorities stipulate certain speed limits for certain freeways...

Another thing... why do you need to hit "speedometer cut-off" speeds all the time, on the freeway? It may feel really great, the adrenalin rush, but remember, no car is made perfectly safe, and driving a car at speedometer cut-off speeds is simply reckless on the regular US interstates.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:28 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
im confused, you only condone excessive speed if there is no or a very high speed limit? isnt that a little hippocritical, there are still other cars on that road, just because they drive excessively fast doest mean u have to endanger them or others. And what about the possibility of pedestrians. Elderly people with dementia, the random Elk/Moose or whatever they have up there. Just a thought.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Z06-Track / MDX-Groceries

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Lets bring this thread back to life!

I've smoked:

-Ferrari F430
-Gallardo
-911 Turbo
-Couple EVO's
-Several different flavors of Stangs

Most of the time no one really tries to race me...so it's very hard to rack up kill stories.

Ohh btw- These were all in my Z....haven't tried racing anything in my RDX, and don't think I would want to "race" in a mini suv???
Old 06-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't believe most people would buy a car for acceleration and top end speed exclusively. If you took it to the track all the time I could see that. I purchased the RDX for the combination of performance, utility, and style.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TapOut
Lets bring this thread back to life!

I've smoked:

-Ferrari F430
-Gallardo
-911 Turbo
-Couple EVO's
-Several different flavors of Stangs

Most of the time no one really tries to race me...so it's very hard to rack up kill stories.

Ohh btw- These were all in my Z....haven't tried racing anything in my RDX, and don't think I would want to "race" in a mini suv???
Please... Please...

You are right, no one will want to race you in your RDX... 7 secs 0-60 times is common place... even the Nissan Sentra SE-R will eat you alive ...

as for your Z (i assume 350Z?), there are many cars that will eat your Z alive as well... If you want fun, why don't you take on the BMW 335i or better yet take on the 2008 M3 and get a boost (or most likely deflation) of your ego...?

You are just being stupid, immature and most likely a bored jerk I see everytime I drive on the road... racing everything you see that has wheels and an exhaust on the road...

oh I think the list of the cars that SMOKED you is way longer than the vice versa...
Old 06-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Race Director

good points.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
how the hell did this thread make it to 7 pages.......
Old 06-30-2008, 08:26 AM
NBP REPRESENT

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
how the hell did this thread make it to 7 pages.......

lol no idea...

oh yea

and ive smoked
boeing 747
stealth b2 bomber
concord(thats why they shut it down, couldnt handle me)

anyone top that?

lol
Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Thumbs up

Please... Please...

You are right, no one will want to race you in your RDX... 7 secs 0-60 times is common place... even the Nissan Sentra SE-R will eat you alive ...

as for your Z (i assume 350Z?), there are many cars that will eat your Z alive as well... If you want fun, why don't you take on the BMW 335i or better yet take on the 2008 M3 and get a boost (or most likely deflation) of your ego...?

You are just being stupid, immature and most likely a bored jerk I see everytime I drive on the road... racing everything you see that has wheels and an exhaust on the road...

oh I think the list of the cars that SMOKED you is way longer than the vice versa...
Hahaha....I wasn't talking about people wanting to race me in my RDX moron, I was saying most people don't want to race me in my Z06 (Not 350Z)!! Plus I don't condone "Street Racing". The very few confrontations I had (listed above) were on long empty highways. I much prefer going to a local drag strip or road race course then doing anything on the streets...but shit happens sometime.

335i, new M3.....I'll smoke those cars like they were standing still. Maybe you should look up some specs on a 3k lbs 500+ hp car. Trust me, there aren't that many cars that can touch a stock Z.

I was also attempting to make a funny comment and state that it's pretty pointless for anyone to "race" a mini SUV.....but I guess you either have no sense of humor, or maybe you're just a typical stuck up Canadian that can't stand anyone having some fun and joking around. Lighten up buddy....life's short and this is just an Internet forum!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
big shot.

yea somehow mav may have been blinfolded reading ur comment, lol.

yea stock Z off the line, not much touches that other than a porshe turbo/gallardo/gtr
Old 06-30-2008, 12:21 PM

yea somehow mav may have been blinfolded reading ur comment, lol.

yea stock Z off the line, not much touches that other than a porshe turbo/gallardo/gtr

Yeah the Z06 is a beast....and honestly it's A LOT of car, almost too much car. Not only do I think it's dangerous and stupid to race on the streets....but especially with a car like the Z06.
I don't have an ego and pretend like I can handle the car....I can to some extent...but that thing is scary fast and too much for my driving skills. That's why I'm currently signing up for road race classes to learn the car and figure out what I can and can't do in it. One reason is to keep from killing/injuring myself or anyone else.

Now that being said, even a Gallardo and AWD turbo 911's and 997's can't touch the Z. Even from a dig...just watch the videos below. And as for the GT-R, a couple guys on the Vette forums have ran them for magazine shoots...and the Z06 took the GT-R by 1/2 to a full car length every time. The only problem is that the GT-R is damn near fully maxed out from the factory where the Z has plenty more room for HP with basic in & out, cam, heads etc. But that GT-R is a monster!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nSenMmqKh4 = Lambo Gallardo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z2WZ9lrfDqQ = 997 TT Porsche

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IBZtsCtsjgc = Ford GT
Old 06-30-2008, 02:02 PM
big shot.

cant touch the Z?...i dunno bout that. ive clocked my friends gallardo w/e gear at 3.5 (stock) .....he just had new intakes installed as well as new ecu with tuning, so its even more of a beast....what america has in raw power it lacks in every other aspect...im a fan of the vette's brutal power but other than that, i dont get what the deal is with them, lotta engine for the money tho.

i havent checked, but didnt the GTR post the fastest 1/4 mile of record so far (and im not talking youtube stupid videos im talking pro tracked numbers)
Old 06-30-2008, 02:16 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by TapOut
The only problem is that the GT-R is damn near fully maxed out from the factory
not really...the turbos on the gtr are rediculously small for a vehicle of that nature...its only a matter of time....but as it is now nissan already has the gtr-v spec coming...

but buying the car from nissan, i will agree..the car is blown out right from the showroom which is awesome for buyers but in no way is there not room for improvement, it doesnt even have ceramic breaks.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Thumbs up

cant touch the Z?...i dunno bout that. ive clocked my friends gallardo w/e gear at 3.5 (stock) .....he just had new intakes installed as well as new ecu with tuning, so its even more of a beast....what america has in raw power it lacks in every other aspect...im a fan of the vette's brutal power but other than that, i dont get what the deal is with them, lotta engine for the money tho.

i haven't checked, but didnt the GTR post the fastest 1/4 mile of record so far (and im not talking youtube stupid videos im talking pro tracked numbers)
Right, but trust me...this has been discussed and argued to death on almost every car forum.

We all know the Car & Driver/ Road & Track drivers blow...but they have clocked the GT-R at 11.6 1/4 mile time and the Z06 at 11.7. Now being a current AWD turbo driver and now RWD Z06 owner....I can tell you it's HELL of a lot harder to launch the Z. I believe a good driver in both cars can do wonders.

The record for Stock Z06 with STOCK tires right now is 11.13 @ 127MPH. And with drag radials on a stock Z the record is 10.85 @129 MPH. So taking into consideration a good driver, the 2 tests that I'm aware of from people on forums...they have consistently beaten the GT-R (Although by a small margin).

As for the Gallardo....maybe I worded myself wrong. Not that it can't TOUCH a Z....but bone stock vs. bone stock the Z wins in a straight line and around a track (TopGear proven).
But if you give me an open budget of course I would take the Gallardo over my Z. It's sexy as all hell and the sound of the engine can't be beat. I personally can't stand the interior...but I would get over that pretty quickly as soon as I heard that sweet engine. But for the price of the Gallardo you can buy 3 Z06's...and you'll need extra money for regular service repairs etc as they are VERY costly on a Lambo.

So that being said...with a cost to performance and sexiness factor, the Z06 can't be beat. That's all I meant.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
big shot.

i know its been beaten to death...we get in fights all the time as it is (as gay as that is, LOL)

i wont start to trample onto the Z06 territory...u got one u like it (obviously) ill leave it alone. personal preference, id take a gtr any day of the week over the chevy, actually id take many cars before a vette...but if its got anything going for it, like u said its cost/performance (just like the gtr) sexiness eh, its a chevy lol. it looks like a donkey next to the italian offerings or even a porsche

the gallardo interior, yea ripped right out of an audi, im surprised they really didnt go for an exclusive interior...the option stiching is a really nice touch tho i also like the leather throughout like the roof and rear....

anyways... what was this thread about? lol
Old 06-30-2008, 04:26 PM

i know its been beaten to death...we get in fights all the time as it is (as gay as that is, LOL)

i wont start to trample onto the Z06 territory...u got one u like it (obviously) ill leave it alone. personal preference, id take a gtr any day of the week over the chevy, actually id take many cars before a vette...but if its got anything going for it, like u said its cost/performance (just like the gtr) sexiness eh, its a chevy lol. it looks like a donkey next to the italian offerings or even a porsche

the gallardo interior, yea ripped right out of an audi, im surprised they really didnt go for an exclusive interior...the option stiching is a really nice touch tho i also like the leather throughout like the roof and rear....

Hahaha....EXACTLY!! What the hell was this thread about anyway!! lol

And yes the GT-R is BADASS!! Again except for the gross interior and price...it's an amazing car!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

i know its been beaten to death.....

I believe it started with an individual who was bored with life, and thought that racing his RDX against all kinds of cars, "notching" up meaningless road-victories, was ego boosting... and encouraging fellow RDX'ers to do the same... .. .so bored that thinking this thread would bring him "excitement" and new meaning to existence on earth...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
big shot.

hey tapout, i didnt wana come off the wrong way, i just reread my post...vette is still sik, hope u r ripping some rubber
Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Haha, naw all good brother, I didn't take it the wrong way. We're all here to have fun and talk about our RDX's anyway.
Plus I personally hated Corvettes and still don't like the old ones. It's the C6Z that I fell in love with the first second I saw it. I think the C6's finally started pumping new blood into the Vette line, it's not for old "white" guys anymore.

Now you see the new Z06's all over the middle east and Europe (Places that hated American cars). And hate the car or not, it's still an amazing car for the price....and if nothing else, we should all give a little bit of love to cars made here in the US. We can walk around and say god domestic cars suck....but if GM, Ford etc fall and or go under, trust me.....we would all be in a lot of trouble regardless of our occupations. So I guess I'm just doing my part by also buying domestic as well as import! lol

PS- Turns out the initial test GT-R's were all factory provided test cars, and not what would actually be sold here to the public. Car & Driver got a standard new "sold to the public" unit for this months issue, and they couldn't pull anything faster then a 12.6 quarter out of it. But on the bright side....they ranked it #1 best all around high performance car over the Z06, 911GT2 and Viper ACR!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
big shot.

yea i knew about that.....also rememeber...where it was test, CA....in the article i believe they made mention of not being able to put anything other than 91 in the car. When tested in Japan...they used much higher octane,,, produced much better numbers. the car, mechanically, is still the same..a few gas stations around me have 110 octane...im sure that will bring some numbers down hahah

yea i just saw the new vette's #'s on THE RING....r u serious with the 7:26 lol thats insane...the gtr spec v is hovering around 7:25...cars are getting so rediculous...i think its just amazing that cars like the GTR, and Gallardo pull these numbers with AWD thats fully active, nuts.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Indian Acura Driver

GTR Spec V is 7:25
Honda Super car ran 7:37 in it's FIRST EVER run
Lexus LFA is pulling 7:24

It's not over yet. The good thing is Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche don't really care about this stuff. Otherwise the Scuderia would be running, so would the California, the LP560 Gallardo and so forth.

Quick Reply: Cars you have smoked...