Cars you have smoked...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest Fish its one of the stories I just love telling people. I have to say though that I always tell people that he stalled out and it has become the punchline to the joke.

I just love to inform people who tell me how much HP there car makes at the "CRANK" and blah blah but ask them what they run at the track and they say ohhh uhhhh well I ran a 14 flat but thats because I could get all that power down. If people spent as much money on taking performance driving class instead of power adders there would be much safer racing along with much better ET's.

Just a quick note. There is an old time drag racer with years upon years of experience over on the corvette forums that refuses to mod his motors. He wants to squeeze every last drop of power out of the stock motor. He has put a 2001 Z06 into the 11's with just radials. Also I'm pretty sure he put a 2006 Z06 into the 10's also with radials. Now you have other guys with the same car and a supercharger that can match his numbers. His stories are what made me take as many driving classes as I have.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
OK VeNeNo, what is your idea of a rolling start? At what mile per hour to what mile per hour do you think you could win? Do some simple math with those webpages I listed earlier. RDX: 50-70 - 3.8 seconds TL: 50-70 - 3.2 seconds. How about on the highway 70-100? RDX: 70-100 - 10.1 seconds TL: 70-100 - 7 seconds. Nope, still no win for you. Okay, one more, 30 to 60 mph: RDX 4.3 seconds and the TL 3.5 seconds. All those are rolling starts for one magazine so we atleast know that the way they test are consistent. The rolling start takes the MT drop clutch start out of it so, VeNeNo, get real.
Fishes, im not going to continue arguing with you its pointless, i know what i did and that the TL type s couldn't pass me on the highway at high speeds just for my reference do you own a TL or an RDX...?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
Fishes, im not going to continue arguing with you its pointless, i know what i did and that the TL type s couldn't pass me on the highway at high speeds just for my reference do you own a TL or an RDX...?
dude I dont know what your smokin but share that please. Trust me that TL type s you raced was not going WOT I can guarantee it 100%. Why? Because I know a couple guys who have TLs and one guy with a TL Type S. We did a whole bunch of runs starting from a dig then gradually up from highway speeds. The Rdx got beat I REPEAT BEAT everytime. Only from a dig was it an even pull. As speeds increase Rdx falls back especially from highway rolls obviously.

Your insane to think that the AWD Rdx with 240 crank hp (probably putting down around 210 whp) can beat a FWD Type S with 300 crank hp (no clue how much whp). Its not rocket science: fwd/rwd > awd once rolling. Numbers don't lie dude the type s will pull the Rdx all day long
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
El Chulo...

Porscha i would love to share some with you and share more stories if you make it to NYC, and just to clear this whole mess up I did not rape the TL type S he just couldn't pass me lets say post 90 mph, (give or take) its not about the Horsepower its about the torque when the turbo is breathing all that air something magical happens that n/a engines can't make happen. And just for refernce I love the TL especially the Type S (286 crank hp by the way) i almost bought one instead of the RDX so lets just end the violence and all this bickering and get along like a happy Acura family should...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Racer

Ridiculousness aside, I was at the quarter mile track on the weekend, and had the chance to see an RDX line up against a RAV4 V6 about 3 times in controlled conditions (they must have been friends).

Sad to say, but the RAV had more than a carlength on the RDX each time. A TL would have been in another area code.

Moral - if you bought an RDX to go racing, you're an idiot.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Porscha i would love to share some with you and share more stories if you make it to NYC, and just to clear this whole mess up I did not rape the TL type S he just couldn't pass me lets say post 90 mph, (give or take) its not about the Horsepower its about the torque when the turbo is breathing all that air something magical happens that n/a engines can't make happen. And just for refernce I love the TL especially the Type S (286 crank hp by the way) i almost bought one instead of the RDX so lets just end the violence and all this bickering and get along like a happy Acura family should...
haha I am from nyc but I have no plans to meet up with you... I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that you still think that you beat a type S Whatever dude if you really believe you can withstand the type s from those speeds especially 90 then you can continue to live in your own little world.

And for the record, you say "its not about the Horsepower its about the torque when the turbo is breathing all that air something magical happens that n/a engines can't make happen."... torque isn't as important as hp especially from a roll dude no offense but you have to understand these things. And when the turbo breathes in all that air something magical happens? yeaah riiiight. Anywhere above 80 the car doesn't pull hard dude. I'm starting to believe maybe this has been the fastest car you have been in thus this thing is "FAST".
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Advanced

My last car was a G35 6 speed with the Brembo package, the previous car was a CL Typs-S (auto) and one of my employees drives a CL-S 6 speed which I regularily drive.

So, the RDX is about as quick as the auto CL-S (a TINY bit slower) but handles WAY better. The 6 speed CL-S is a bit quicker, as per the "butt dyno". The G35, I dunno, I wasn't impressed. I hated that car. It was a piece of shit. Seriously; the interior, the engine vibrations, etc. and the CL-S auto felt quicker and more refined.

Just my .02.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Advanced

That car put me off Infinitis. Unless it's an M45.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fishbulb
Ridiculousness aside, I was at the quarter mile track on the weekend, and had the chance to see an RDX line up against a RAV4 V6 about 3 times in controlled conditions (they must have been friends).

Sad to say, but the RAV had more than a carlength on the RDX each time. A TL would have been in another area code.

Moral - if you bought an RDX to go racing, you're an idiot.
A carlength in the 1/4 is only equivalent to about 1/10 of a second in the 1/4. So depending on reaction times, brake torquing, etc.

I do agree that a stock Rav 4 does come equipped with a mean 6 cyl though

Unless you give the RDX the upcoming Hondata ECU, exh, DP, etc. Then the Rav is left behind.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Instructor

dude... your in an suv... get over it, it wasnt made to go racing against other non-suv cars, i like the rdx, but its no where near a sports car....
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Photographer

Originally Posted by miker_types
dude... your in an suv... get over it, it wasnt made to go racing against other non-suv cars, i like the rdx, but its no where near a sports car....
i beg to differ. its actually a lot closer to a sports car than any Compact SUV will ever be.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DNPhotography
i beg to differ. its actually a lot closer to a sports car than any Compact SUV will ever be.
I love how some people speak about such absolutes, using such phrases as "closer to a sports car than any other will ever be".

i guess you never heard of the X3 which is arguably closer to a sports car than the RDX...considering it is built on a RWD platform with a RWD bias AWD system as opposed to a front heavy FWD platform with a STRONG FWD bias.. Or even the upcoming EX35 which will also be built on a RWD platform and have a RWD biased AWD system.

so much for the RDX being closer to a sports car than any compact SUV will ever be.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup... get over it guys... the RDX is simply a fun driving CUV, definitely not equivalent to a sports car...

Almost analogous to those guys (dads) and gals (moms) driving their minivans, speeding and cornering like they are in a sports car.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:02 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by mav238
Yup... get over it guys... the RDX is simply a fun driving CUV, definitely not equivalent to a sports car...

Almost analogous to those guys (dads) and gals (moms) driving their minivans, speeding and cornering like they are in a sports car.
Please dont EVER compare an RDX to minivan it is an insult to everyone who owns one.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Photographer

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I love how some people speak about such absolutes, using such phrases as "closer to a sports car than any other will ever be".

i guess you never heard of the X3 which is arguably closer to a sports car than the RDX...considering it is built on a RWD platform with a RWD bias AWD system as opposed to a front heavy FWD platform with a STRONG FWD bias.. Or even the upcoming EX35 which will also be built on a RWD platform and have a RWD biased AWD system.

so much for the RDX being closer to a sports car than any compact SUV will ever be.
yes, will ever be
Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Please dont EVER compare an RDX to minivan it is an insult to everyone who owns one.

I was not comparing the RDX to a minivan... it is about the people who drive the RDX, that I am comparing to owners of minivans... i.e. treating the RDX like a sports car when it's not... Please read the posts correctly and not jump to conclusions, O' tacky one...
Old 07-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DNPhotography
yes, will ever be
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, even though opinions can be completely WRONG too.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
I have had my RDX for about 4 months now and the turbo charged/VTEC 4 banger is a dream. Forget about 0-60 and Quarter miles, (seriously its a 4 thousand pound vehicle) that stated these are the cars i have beaten on the highway
1)Acura TL type S (yes the driver was in disbelief as well)
2)Infiniti G35 Coupe
and others i forget at the moment but those were the two big boys i am most pround of, I guess they just cant handle the 260 lbs of torque!
~everyone just list your victories and the look on the faces of the people you pass... ahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...
Ahhhh so i see you finally made it to acurazine brother! Causing a lil commotion as usual haha. (This dude is my frat brother/old roommate/real good friend,etc etc). As for the topic, the RDX is a great CUV, i got the chance to drive VeNeNo's the last time i chilled with him, and man that thing is incredible. Its got every option available from factory and a couple DIY's already. I personally raced another car with it, a turbo VW jetta that was definitely well modded, and i put a carlength on em using the paddle shifters in sport mode (does that count on his kill list since i was driving his car?lol).

As for the TL type S, we have another brother that has one (Porfi's got 1 Veneno), maybe we could get a lil 80-top speed run on tape??? I definitely have faith in the RDX after riding in both cars being pushed and seeing each's potential. Below a certain mph the rdx wont take a TL-S, its too heavy. Its gotta be up there in the MPH's for the RDX to pull, but it certainly can with all the torque its got. Numbers dont always tell the whole story. Either way, the 2 vehicles are in 2 different classes and are great values.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Well, it's a lot more Evo than Equinox...
Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Instructor

I think this thread should be closed. It looks like its turning into RDX vs. "x" thread and people are just arguing over what's realistic and what's not.

RDX is a great fun CUV, not a sports car. Maybe you beat it, maybe not. Don't make this thread into another "RDX" is king of all car that beats all sports car. You'll probably feel superior in your RDX but don't go overboard.

Enjoy the great performance of the car without trying to bash on others or making yourself look silly.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ex2k4
I think this thread should be closed. It looks like its turning into RDX vs. "x" thread and people are just arguing over what's realistic and what's not.

RDX is a great fun CUV, not a sports car. Maybe you beat it, maybe not. Don't make this thread into another "RDX" is king of all car that beats all sports car. You'll probably feel superior in your RDX but don't go overboard.

Enjoy the great performance of the car without trying to bash on others or making yourself look silly.
I keep saying this also,... but nobody really is open-minded enough to listen... It's like "take your crap out of here and leave us dudes who like to be crazy alone to do what we like, enough of your opinions...blah, blah, blah"

Usually forums like these are meant for owners to share their ownership experiences, sharing wisdom about how to take care of certain issues found in the car, update each other about recent factory issued news on the car, the joys/pains of owning the car, and seldom about their public road conquests with their RDX's over other car's or about when they first hit airplane speeds in their vehicle

It's a CUV, for goodness sake... yeah, at the end of the day, you win some street races, and you lose some, and yet, the only real reward is a 5 sec ego lift (over some TL owner who knows better than to let things get out of hand), or an overnight long ego deflation (when a WRX STI seriously kicks the butt of the RDX), or worse still, ticket to the county jail or car accident...

These kind of threads never stops...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

People who own an RDX should be happy with the company its keeping. Not only are people comparing it to other SUV's and CUV's but sportier cars like the TL.

Now for those out there who own g35's and TL's calling them sports cars is kinda a stretch. The g35 coupe is pretty close but when you step up to the sports car territory your swimming with a lot of fish that could just swallow you up with a blip of the throttle. For the most part I would call the g35, 335ci, and the like, luxury coupes. Now I'm not bashing them at all but they are not untouchable. The RDX in the right situation can take either one in a quick sprint.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

I have smoked........

1) Marlboro
2) Schwag
3) Haze (Silver and Purple)
4) Aurora Borealis
5) Some crazy stuff with an odd name in an Amsterdam coffee shop
6) Poppy
7) Prozac
8) A peanut (it looked like something else at the time)

.......and a few other things that I probably should keep between me and those cute little elves, but I have yet to smoke any cars (or SUVs or CUVs for that matter).

Do they get you really cracked or what? And wouldn't that be an expensive habit??

AND FOR THE RECORD: I have not done anything like that since that whole tea bag, bandaid, Q-tip incident a few years back! Boy was that ugly!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
oh lord...you people really take some things too seriously over here in the RDX board...i thought u were supposed to just list the cars that you've beat n that was it. shouldnt have became such a huge debate over the sportiness of the rdx
Old 07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by jcbridges
1) Marlboro
2) Schwag
3) Haze (Silver and Purple)
4) Aurora Borealis
5) Some crazy stuff with an odd name in an Amsterdam coffee shop
6) Poppy
7) Prozac
8) A peanut (it looked like something else at the time)

.......and a few other things that I probably should keep between me and those cute little elves, but I have yet to smoke any cars (or SUVs or CUVs for that matter).

Do they get you really cracked or what? And wouldn't that be an expensive habit??

AND FOR THE RECORD: I have not done anything like that since that whole tea bag, bandaid, Q-tip incident a few years back! Boy was that ugly!!
ahahahaha i love it, thank you for bringing some comic relief to this thread JC, people really need to take it easy...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:09 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by INEEDATRUCK
People who own an RDX should be happy with the company its keeping. Not only are people comparing it to other SUV's and CUV's but sportier cars like the TL.

Now for those out there who own g35's and TL's calling them sports cars is kinda a stretch. The g35 coupe is pretty close but when you step up to the sports car territory your swimming with a lot of fish that could just swallow you up with a blip of the throttle. For the most part I would call the g35, 335ci, and the like, luxury coupes. Now I'm not bashing them at all but they are not untouchable. The RDX in the right situation can take either one in a quick sprint.
IneedaTruck, this is what i have been trying to convey to the people of my love and joy for my RDX, and how proud i am of it. The overall picture of it as a daily commuter/rocket ship, is a truely great one. This thread was not made to bash anyone just to praise the RDX and its surprising power. I want to thank you Ineedatruck for being open minded and all of my other supporters out there. Keep on enjoying your vehicle everytime you drive it...
Old 07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
El Chulo...

lord Jesus, Pimp down!!

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
oh lord...you people really take some things too seriously over here in the RDX board...i thought u were supposed to just list the cars that you've beat n that was it. shouldnt have became such a huge debate over the sportiness of the rdx
Tell me about it brother man, thats how we like like it over here in the RDX board, hot and spicey I bet people are more court over on the CL board I hope you get your baby up and running soon. cause we need to roll and deep, acura style!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have smoked:

1. My son's 12-Volt PowerWheel SUV
2. A 13-year old on a bike
3. Golf cart (This was a close race)
4. Guys on mopeds
5. Last but not least, A Honda Lawn Mower (Yes, it's a HONDA )

The next mod I will do: Remove all passenger seats plus the spare tire. This would save me at least 200 lbs! Watch out Corvette, here I come
Old 07-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by zen68
I have smoked:

1. My son's 12-Volt PowerWheel SUV
2. A 13-year old on a bike
3. Golf cart (This was a close race)
4. Guys on mopeds
5. Last but not least, A Honda Lawn Mower (Yes, it's a HONDA )

The next mod I will do: Remove all passenger seats plus the spare tire. This would save me at least 200 lbs! Watch out Corvette, here I come
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Instructor

lol, seriously though, what did you have in mind when you bought this car? im about 90% sure that you bought it not for speed. You probably bought it its superb handling, roomy, spacious, take it on a vacation, and even familyish, sporty family car. Its a nice SUV, if you wanted to go around "smoking" other cars, you shoulda just gotten another car thats for racing stoplight to stoplight, instead of wasting your gas in your rdx, it wasnt meant for that, but to each their own, next time save up your money and get an sti or something
just my
Old 07-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
I own a TL 6 speed and a RDX. If TL is a "sports sedan" than the RDX is definitely a sports CUV. IMO the RDX handles better than the TL around the twisties. Its just tighter and has far less body roll. I love the TL but I have more fun driving the RDX--its my current favorite vehicle under 35k.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
El Chulo...

Exclamation

Whats up fellas, the newest victims on the are as follows
~Porsche Cayane (6 cyl)
~Mazda RX-8
Keep on truckin...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
~Porsche Cayane (6 cyl)
~Mazda RX-8
Keep on truckin...
You just had to bring this thread back to life, didn't you little stop light racer?

Paul Walker ain't got shit on you...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Advanced

i have not smoked anyone yet, i do however on my other 2 cars.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tripp11
You just had to bring this thread back to life, didn't you little stop light racer?

+1
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

~Porsche Cayane (6 cyl)
~Mazda RX-8
Keep on truckin...
It must be in your dreams... Where VeNeNo's RDX reign supreme...

Wait a minute... I forgot.. only punk kids dream like that... okay, now I understand your posts...

The RDX smoking RX8... some people... Give me a break VeNoNo, and grow up in your RDX... Or do you really actually own one???
Old 07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by Tripp11

You know it trippdaddy! Had to post the new wins get things stirred up again
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
El Chulo...

Angry

Originally Posted by mav238
It must be in your dreams... Where VeNeNo's RDX reign supreme...

Wait a minute... I forgot.. only punk kids dream like that... okay, now I understand your posts...

The RDX smoking RX8... some people... Give me a break VeNoNo, and grow up in your RDX... Or do you really actually own one???
Mav what is the deal with you? Its fine with me if you dont like my street tactics or belive what i post. But now your just insulting me... and there is no need for that here
FYI-->I am leasing a (no dream)
2007 Pearl White Acura RDXturbo Technology package
My Accesories include:
Roofrack, Running boards, Mudgaurds, rear diffuser, leather shift knob, front spoiler
Please do not insult my integrity because you do not know me, and like most people on the board I work very hard for my car and enjoy it to the fullest, thank you...
(check the avatar thats a nice little pic of my baby)
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 AM
Instructor

Mav what is the deal with you? Its fine with me if you dont like my street tactics or belive what i post. But now your just insulting me... and there is no need for that here
FYI-->I am leasing a (no dream)
2007 Pearl White Acura RDXturbo Technology package
My Accesories include:
Roofrack, Running boards, Mudgaurds, rear diffuser, leather shift knob, front spoiler
Please do not insult my integrity because you do not know me, and like most people on the board I work very hard for my car and enjoy it to the fullest, thank you...
(check the avatar thats a nice little pic of my baby)
ahahaha dude u crack me up everytime... go do your thing speedracer. Let me know when you "smoke" a lambo
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Pro

I think that the name of this thread should actually be "Cars you have been smoked by...but are embarrassed to tell...so I will tell everyone I smoked the cars that smoked me." All the while with each post you lose credibility. The RDX is a nice car, and quick too, but seriously when you said you beat a TL-S and a G35 I knew either you were lying or those other drivers were not trying. This thread should be closed .

Quick Reply: Cars you have smoked...