Cars you have smoked...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fish008
I think that the name of this thread should actually be "Cars you have been smoked by...but are embarrassed to tell...so I will tell everyone I smoked the cars that smoked me." All the while with each post you lose credibility. The RDX is a nice car, and quick too, but seriously when you said you beat a TL-S and a G35 I knew either you were lying or those other drivers were not trying. This thread should be closed .
Yes, second it... please close it... Sasair...
Old 08-01-2007 | 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
Mav what is the deal with you? Its fine with me if you dont like my street tactics or belive what i post. But now your just insulting me... and there is no need for that here
FYI-->I am leasing a (no dream)
2007 Pearl White Acura RDXturbo Technology package
My Accesories include:
Roofrack, Running boards, Mudgaurds, rear diffuser, leather shift knob, front spoiler
Please do not insult my integrity because you do not know me, and like most people on the board I work very hard for my car and enjoy it to the fullest, thank you...
(check the avatar thats a nice little pic of my baby)

Well, sorry if I insulted you and your integrity... and yes, I personally don't appreciate your somewhat immature antics, and I agree, I do not know you, and that is you and why should I care...

But I think it is getting kind of lame, making claims of your "victories" on the public road with the RDX, over cars which in reality outclass the RDX in every performance aspect. If you say you smoke some drivers on the road who didn't know how to drive their performance vehicle properly, that would have been more reasonable... sometimes winning a race has a lot to do with the capability of a driver, especially when the cars are quite evenly matched in performance...

But honestly (again I know it is ultimately all about you, as always), what kind of kicks do you get out of racing against cars at street lights, especially where the driver could not care less about running with you, because he/she knows that the RDX is not really a match for their cars?
Seriously, all the cars that you have named that you "smoked", they are either evenly matched or smoke the RDX for lunch...
Old 08-01-2007 | 04:39 PM
El Chulo...

Exclamation

OK, HOLD THE TRAIN... (does not apply to everyone, you know who you are)
First and foremost, why is everyone so upset? and wtf is wrong with your life that you people need to come on this thread to vent?
Secondly why does everyone take everything so literally? Yes This thread is titled, "cars you have smoked..." It was supposed to be humorous and light hearted it does not literally mean that i am blowing the doors off these cars (not all of them) but instead keeping up with them where neither of us is passing (g35 etc..) This thread was created in good conscience to give props where props is due: a great new CUV with capabilities that not even Honda was not aware of.
Dont be mad if you dont know how to push your RDXturbo the way it wants to, Don't ask to close the thread because I am not lying or offending anyone.
If you do not like what is said on this thread than don't read and dont post. Obviously you are entertained becasue you keep on coming back for more.
Those of us who have pushed the RDX know that it is a factory freak and is quite faster than any of us had invisioned at purchase. I am not racing at stop lights, infact i have never raced at a stop light in my RDX. I just enjoy spirited driving and meet foes on the highway that ARE trying to race me and DO; most give me props (guy driving g35 coupe) telling me how surpised they were about the acceleration of the Turbo. If you do not belive me fine, just don't come on this thread with a bad attitude complaining about something you have never done. This website is here for our enjoyment and for us to help each other not not to knock each other down... seriously you grow up!
Old 08-01-2007 | 05:16 PM
Instructor

OK, HOLD THE TRAIN... (does not apply to everyone, you know who you are)
First and foremost, why is everyone so upset? and wtf is wrong with your life that you people need to come on this thread to vent?
Secondly why does everyone take everything so literally? Yes This thread is titled, "cars you have smoked..." It was supposed to be humorous and light hearted it does not literally mean that i am blowing the doors off these cars (not all of them) but instead keeping up with them where neither of us is passing (g35 etc..) This thread was created in good conscience to give props where props is due: a great new CUV with capabilities that not even Honda was not aware of.
Dont be mad if you dont know how to push your RDXturbo the way it wants to, Don't ask to close the thread because I am not lying or offending anyone.
If you do not like what is said on this thread than don't read and dont post. Obviously you are entertained becasue you keep on coming back for more.
Those of us who have pushed the RDX know that it is a factory freak and is quite faster than any of us had invisioned at purchase. I am not racing at stop lights, infact i have never raced at a stop light in my RDX. I just enjoy spirited driving and meet foes on the highway that ARE trying to race me and DO; most give me props (guy driving g35 coupe) telling me how surpised they were about the acceleration of the Turbo. If you do not belive me fine, just don't come on this thread with a bad attitude complaining about something you have never done. This website is here for our enjoyment and for us to help each other not not to knock each other down... seriously you grow up!
hahaha just made my day reading this post... "don't be mad if you don't know how to push your Rdxturbo the way it wants to?" umm so I guess theres a hidden turbo button you press besides flooring the pedal eh? Sigh... No comment...
Old 08-01-2007 | 06:50 PM
El Chulo...

Arrow

Originally Posted by porsherules911
hahaha just made my day reading this post... "Sigh... No comment...
My job is done then...
Old 08-01-2007 | 06:53 PM
Pro

Actually, I keep coming back to see what kind of crazy lies I can read every day. It makes me laugh. So did that G35 coupe driver accidentally put diesel in his car....as his car died at the light and you rolled away to say you had smoked him?
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:00 AM
Instructor

Actually, I keep coming back to see what kind of crazy lies I can read every day. It makes me laugh. So did that G35 coupe driver accidentally put diesel in his car....as his car died at the light and you rolled away to say you had smoked him?
+1 hahaha. He must have put in either diesel or piss
Old 08-02-2007 | 06:40 AM
Newbie for Life

1) Most people don't believe your statements about "smoking" the cars you have allegedly raced.

2) Most people don't endorse high-speed racing on any public road.

For these two reasons alone, you are getting all the flaming...
Old 08-02-2007 | 09:12 AM
B A N N E D

Yeah next thing hell say is that he completely SMOKED a corvette at the red light, of course it would have been turning right, but he just wouldn't mention that.
Old 08-02-2007 | 12:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Yeah next thing hell say is that he completely SMOKED a corvette at the red light, of course it would have been turning right, but he just wouldn't mention that.

HAHA. It is amazing too because he is now smoking cars from red lights and in his first post he even said 0-60 races is not what he is taking about. Amazing. Everyone familar with the term pathological liar?
Old 08-02-2007 | 01:07 PM
10th Gear

I smoked a Corvette at a stop light...

It was on a flat bed tow truck
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:14 PM
El Chulo...

Post fish out of water...

HAHA. It is amazing too because he is now smoking cars from red lights and in his first post he even said 0-60 races is not what he is taking about. Amazing. Everyone familar with the term pathological liar?
Ohh i see why your so upset you cant read so good, now I know this might be difficult but look real hard. I said...

I am not racing at stop lights, infact i have never raced at a stop light in my RDX. I just enjoy spirited driving and meet foes on the highway
...Maybe you should try hooked on Phonics I heard it works wonders for the reading impaired. Hmm or could you read just fine, and are just being an asshole? I think its the latter..
Old 08-02-2007 | 03:56 PM
Photographer

there are a couple of people here that need to mind their own business. if you do not like this topic/thread then DO NOT POST IN HERE. i personally do not like street racing or speeding but you dont see me preaching on here. YOU are the reasons why these type of threads get out of hand and get locked.
Old 08-02-2007 | 05:41 PM
El Chulo...

Arrow

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
there are a couple of people here that need to mind their own business. if you do not like this topic/thread then DO NOT POST IN HERE. i personally do not like street racing or speeding but you dont see me preaching on here. YOU are the reasons why these type of threads get out of hand and get locked.
Thank you DN you are a gentleman and a scholar... by the way delete your messages!!! your inbox is full!
Old 08-02-2007 | 06:08 PM
大日本帝国

Me > RDX. That was with my old motor, too. And to tripp who says anyone can mash the gas, sure they can. But knowing how to control it as to minimize wheel spin is a different ball game (provided your car can spin the wheels, ). Stock RDXs are not that fast VeNeNo, but I believe you about the freeway. You've already got momentum and weight, in that case, doesn't matter. RX8s are slow f*ck. The Type-S is a maybe, if it's a 2nd Gen. No way you could get the 3rd.

~Cheers~
Old 08-03-2007 | 06:20 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by Go90go
And to tripp who says anyone can mash the gas, sure they can. But knowing how to control it as to minimize wheel spin is a different ball game (provided your car can spin the wheels, ).
He's driving the RDX, do you really think he's dealing with wheel spin?

We're talking about street racing here and my biggest beef are those who excessively speed on public roads with other innocent cars around them. The OP has shown no regard for anyone else's safety by doing so. Doesn't matter if it's stoplight to stoplight or rolling starts on a highway. Do it around other innocent people and you're a moron, period.

My car? Was the sarcastic roll of the eyes really necessary? Perhaps you shouldn't run your mouth about things you have no knowledge about...I'm pretty sure my car would leave any four wheeled vehicle you have parked in your driveway waaaaaaay back in the twisties....but I would only condone such activity on a track.

You go, go, go 90...you go.
Old 08-03-2007 | 06:22 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
Funny, I thought the OP had control of this thread by starting it in the first place. Seems like HE was the one in control, no?
Old 08-03-2007 | 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Funny, I thought the OP had control of this thread by starting it in the first place. Seems like HE was the one in control, no?
Exactly
+1

Regarding "preaching... if posters here can "preach" about how great their performance RDX is, smoking other cars etc, why is it such a reaction to feedback from other posters to their posts? Seems like it is some people here taking things too personally regarding the feedback received...

So, in essence, no unwanted feedback (even though it is a mature and rational one) is allowed...
Rather, post feedback that is always in favour of and supporting all posted actions by individuals, "You go Bro!" feedback???

hmmm... interesting...
Old 08-03-2007 | 01:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mav238
Regarding "preaching... if posters here can "preach" about how great their performance RDX is, smoking other cars etc, why is it such a reaction to feedback from other posters to their posts? Seems like it is some people here taking things too personally regarding the feedback received...
Just realize that you DO need to stay on topic. If you want to create a thread that criticizes street racing then go right ahead. Just make sure it is in the right area, and stays on topic.

Everything off topic from here on out will be deleted...

Original post:
I have had my RDX for about 4 months now and the turbo charged/VTEC 4 banger is a dream. Forget about 0-60 and Quarter miles, (seriously its a 4 thousand pound vehicle) that stated these are the cars i have beaten on the highway
1)Acura TL type S (yes the driver was in disbelief as well)
2)Infiniti G35 Coupe
and others i forget at the moment but those were the two big boys i am most pround of, I guess they just cant handle the 260 lbs of torque!
~everyone just list your victories and the look on the faces of the people you pass... ahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...
Old 08-03-2007 | 04:11 PM
大日本帝国

He's driving the RDX, do you really think he's dealing with wheel spin?

We're talking about street racing here and my biggest beef are those who excessively speed on public roads with other innocent cars around them. The OP has shown no regard for anyone else's safety by doing so. Doesn't matter if it's stoplight to stoplight or rolling starts on a highway. Do it around other innocent people and you're a moron, period.

My car? Was the sarcastic roll of the eyes really necessary? Perhaps you shouldn't run your mouth about things you have no knowledge about...I'm pretty sure my car would leave any four wheeled vehicle you have parked in your driveway waaaaaaay back in the twisties....but I would only condone such activity on a track.

You go, go, go 90...you go.
I meant the rolleyes for cars in general, as most the vehicles you will encounter on the street won't have that issue. I'm running my mouth, eh? You're going on in this thread just like the idiots in another thread which started out as a "post your top speed" and turned into "racing is baaaad, street racing is worse..." thread. If you want to complain about street racing, go right ahead, in your own thread, as per Sasair's wishes. We don't race around other people, and while we often do rolling starts on the freeway, we do runs from a dig on the freeway, too.

"My car will get you in the twisties," is a typical ricer excuse for losing a drag. I suppose your car will out-maneuver a BMW Z4 like I did through GG Park when the guy tried to ram me on 19th? Look it up on Google Earth. I have no doubt you could out maneuver my RR as that thing is a cow, nor my Civic as that's a bone stock commuter. If my Soarer (SC) wasn't totaled by an idiot friend, would your CUV keep up with it in your fabled twisties?

What IS excessive speeding anyways? Some magical number that each individual comes up with? Like when a buddy of mine heard "SLOW DOWN! THIS IS A NEIGHBOURHOOD!!" while doing 30 in a 25. Or how about driving too slowly when there are other "innocent" cars around? Do you bitch about that? I was cut off while in the fast lane by a Toyota Echo doing 40 MPH to my 80. She brake checked me twice, then flicked me off as I went around her. She had also swerved into the second from the left lane while some high school students were changing lanes into the said lane, causing them to have to swerve into my way in their Mitsu Montero, narrowly missing her POS.

My first post was in no way a personal attack against you, but your reply was an attack aimed squarely at me. All I'm saying now is: IBTL, and we've lost another nice thread to people like you.

~Cheers~

P.S. For those who don't know, IBTL = In Before The Lock, as I'm sure this thread will be locked shortly due to people going OT.
Old 08-03-2007 | 05:40 PM
大日本帝国

^ I guess that's why my long post replying to Tripp was deleted? The one saying how my original post was not a personal attack, yet he managed to make his reply a personal one aimed squarely at me, yet his post targeting me is still up? Fine, Sasair. In my deleted post I had agreed with you decision on creating a separate thread for bitching about street racing, and I will no longer post in this thread. But I don't appreciate my posts being deleted without any notice.

~Cheers~
Old 08-03-2007 | 06:53 PM
El Chulo...

^ I guess that's why my long post replying to Tripp was deleted? The one saying how my original post was not a personal attack, yet he managed to make his reply a personal one aimed squarely at me, yet his post targeting me is still up? Fine, Sasair. In my deleted post I had agreed with you decision on creating a separate thread for bitching about street racing, and I will no longer post in this thread. But I don't appreciate my posts being deleted without any notice.

~Cheers~
Don't worry Go90go, i read it... it was very insightful, and thank you for taking the thread for what it is...
Old 08-04-2007 | 03:13 AM
Intermediate

This got out of hand as I knew it would a few pages back now. Everyone take a deep breathe and clear your mind. Just to keep adding to the list of cars "smoked"

2007 denali
2007 I think Dodge ram 1500
Old 08-04-2007 | 07:03 AM
大日本帝国

Don't worry Go90go, i read it... it was very insightful, and thank you for taking the thread for what it is...
Ok, I'm going against what I said at first to say thank you, VeNeNo. I'm glad that at least one person was able to read it and understand why I said what I said. .

~Cheers~
Old 08-04-2007 | 10:54 PM
Safety Car

1. Dodge Viper (so worthy).

2. Tony Schumacher's U.S. Army dragster (nailed his a%% after the first quarter mile, oh-yeah).

3. "Hemi" Charger undercover State Police car (when I realized he was heat, I unleashed the turbo and he never caught me ).

4. Little old grand-mother type in a Prius had me by a length - WTF - and shot me the bird - so I drug her smug-a$$ out at the next light and beat the s#!t out of her.
Old 08-05-2007 | 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XLR8R

2. Tony Schumacher's U.S. Army dragster (nailed his a%% after the first quarter mile, oh-yeah).

3. "Hemi" Charger undercover State Police car (when I realized he was heat, I unleashed the turbo and he never caught me ).

4. Little old grand-mother type in a Prius had me by a length - WTF - and shot me the bird - so I drug her smug-a$$ out at the next light and beat the s#!t out of her.

LOL love the last one... that's funny..
Old 08-05-2007 | 02:53 PM
El Chulo...

Haha, poor old lady didnt even know what was comming!
Old 08-05-2007 | 04:18 PM
Team Owner

Stop light racers...

Any moron can mash the gas and race from one stop light to the next.

The REAL question would be, how does the RDX fare on a twisty track layout versus other cars - where driver skill comes into play.
That's the attitude I hate. I would love to see you just mash the gas in my GN from a stoplight. I guarantee you would be facing the other direction before you knew what happened.

Anyway, I rarely race or care to race the TL. It's slow. The few I've had are:

1)EVO from a roll. Started at 60mph and I started slowly pulling around 80mph.
2)Dodge Hemi truck. Put about two carlengths on him.
3)IS350 My friend humiliated me in a straight line.
4)My dad's GN. Looked like I was in reverse.

In the GN over the years, probably 100s of cars at the track and the street. The highlights are:

1)late 90s Viper GTS. Put about 2 cars on him with a stock motor and boltons.
2)Modded new Viper. Don't know what he had besides exhaust but it was loud. Put multiple cars on him.
3)Heads/cam/supercharged 5.0 Mustang on slicks vs the GN on street tires. Went past like he was standing still at the 1/8 mile.
4)Friend's modded S4 Audi. Not worth the gas.
5)03-04 Kenne-Bell supercharged Cobra. Both of us had traction issues but I pulled him pretty good up top.
6)04 Mustang with a big frontmount and weird turbo setup. Slower than the Cobra
7)Lost to my dad's GN. No surprise there since he dyno'd on pump gas and 14psi what I dyno'd on racegas at 27psi.
Old 08-05-2007 | 04:37 PM
Team Owner

I guess they just cant handle the 260 lbs of torque!
~everyone just list your victories and the look on the faces of the people you pass... ahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...
I actually took this as a joke but after reading other posts, are you serious?
Old 08-05-2007 | 06:46 PM
大日本帝国

Stop light racers...

Any moron can mash the gas and race from one stop light to the next.

The REAL question would be, how does the RDX fare on a twisty track layout versus other cars - where driver skill comes into play.
Originally Posted by I hate cars
That's the attitude I hate. I would love to see you just mash the gas in my GN from a stoplight. I guarantee you would be facing the other direction before you knew what happened.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414

^ Remember that thread, m8? Same attitudes as this Tripp guy.

On another note: I'm sorry Sasair, I have absolutely no respect for you as a moderator, nor as a regular forum member. You and Tripp must have some relations if you delete my post defending this thread (and agreeing with you, actually) but leave his attacking me. As a former Super Mod and Admin of other fora, a moderator which selectively deleted posts that didn't suit him/herself would have those privileges stripped away immediately, as I have no patience for people who abuse what was given to them in good faith. What's your response? Or are you going to be like 01tl4tl and how he's ignoring me and still spreading his BS around the forum? If you feel this warrants a temp-ban, go ahead. Then think about how much I've contributed to the 1st Gen forum, and see if any other mods agree with your decision.

~Cheers~
Old 08-05-2007 | 07:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DIRTY K
My last car was a G35 6 speed with the Brembo package, the previous car was a CL Typs-S (auto) and one of my employees drives a CL-S 6 speed which I regularily drive.

So, the RDX is about as quick as the auto CL-S (a TINY bit slower) but handles WAY better. The 6 speed CL-S is a bit quicker, as per the "butt dyno". The G35, I dunno, I wasn't impressed. I hated that car. It was a piece of shit. Seriously; the interior, the engine vibrations, etc. and the CL-S auto felt quicker and more refined.

Just my .02.

You all need to wake up. I have an 07 G35S and no RDX on this planet will be anywhere near me. I also owned a 05 TL and an 06 M35. The TL was quick, but nowhere near my G35S. It is certainly not a p.o.s. and anytime you want to run, look me up !! just look at the numbers, their not close my friend.

I had a deposit on an RDX but changed my mind because I didn't like the final looks, forgive me but I love my G35. I plan on purchasing the new Infiniti EX and it will spank your beloved RDX.
Old 08-05-2007 | 07:54 PM
Instructor

don't even think about placing a G35 on your "smoked" list.. until we meet at a red light...
South Fla here and I'm waiting for ya.....
Old 08-05-2007 | 09:38 PM
Team Owner

Again, a thread where people base how a car handles based on "feel" instead of actual numbers or results. The RDX absolutely will not outhandle the TL. It may have less body roll and give you the impression that it handles better but if anyone in the Vegas or SoCal area wants to give it a try I'm more than willing.
Old 08-05-2007 | 11:37 PM
Instructor

1. 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
2. Bentley Continental GT
3. Hyundai Accent

Old 08-06-2007 | 02:26 AM
Safety Car

I would love to see you just mash the gas in my GN from a stoplight. I guarantee you would be facing the other direction before you knew what happened.
Yes, the most effective acceleration requires skilled throttle finesse for the most efficient, progressive, tire adhesion as power builds. Some small steering inputs are also required as the limited slip transfers torque abruptly.

But, skill in straight-line acceleration and traction management for 8 or 15 seconds is only one (small) aspect of performance driving.

Braking, controlling weight transfer/ tire slip angle and energy management entering and exiting corners is a much larger skill set than acceleration alone.

Now add traffic (that stubbornly refuses to stay over in their own lane); cutting off, drafting, boxing in. Throw in track that rises and falls, with increasing and decreasing radius turns, and off camber turns.

Now do it all in the rain and through the dark of night. Stay on that edge for hours, (not seconds) and make continuous judgements about re-fueling and maintenance.

Road course drivers have the most comprehesive skills, and are the best in the world.
Old 08-06-2007 | 07:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

On another note: I'm sorry Sasair, I have absolutely no respect for you as a moderator, nor as a regular forum member. You and Tripp must have some relations if you delete my post defending this thread (and agreeing with you, actually) but leave his attacking me. As a former Super Mod and Admin of other fora, a moderator which selectively deleted posts that didn't suit him/herself would have those privileges stripped away immediately, as I have no patience for people who abuse what was given to them in good faith. What's your response? Or are you going to be like 01tl4tl and how he's ignoring me and still spreading his BS around the forum? If you feel this warrants a temp-ban, go ahead. Then think about how much I've contributed to the 1st Gen forum, and see if any other mods agree with your decision.

~Cheers~
First off, I don't need to inform you or anyone to delete posts that are off-topic. I clearly stated that any posts off-topic from here on out will be deleted and I reminded everyone what the topic was. I read your post, it had nothing to do with the original topic so it was deleted even if it did agree with what I said. If you would like to take your "complaint" up with any other mod or mega mod or admin, feel free.

Second, I don't care if you have respect for me or not. You obviously aren't a regular to the RDX forums.

Third, I have no idea who 01tl4tl is.

Fourth, I don't have any type of connection with Tripp11.

Fifth, I'm happy for you that you were a super mod and admin at some other place, but I didn't delete your post selectively because it didn't suit myself. I deleted it selectively because it was off topic.
Old 08-06-2007 | 08:03 AM
Newbie for Life

You hate my attitude? You hate the fact that street racing is careless, wreckless and an entirely self-centered act?

I've said it thousands of times in any thread like this, excessively speeding/racing on a public road is dangerous to those innocent bystanders occupying those same roads. Anyone who doesn't see this is a complete moron, period.

BTW, most stoplight racers I've seen are running FWD riced out cars....be quite difficult to get that turned the other way, no?

BTW, I would love to run your Grand National on a track, and I'm confident in my ability I wouldn't miss a beat.
Old 08-06-2007 | 08:06 AM
Newbie for Life

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414

^ Remember that thread, m8? Same attitudes as this Tripp guy.

~Cheers~

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/smokedd-my-friends-mustang-gt-carrera-371209/
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

I actually took this as a joke but after reading other posts, are you serious?

Same sentiment here... but I am beginning to get it now...

After reading the varous responses, this thread is not serious... it can't be... especially the funny one about the old lady whipping one RDX in her Prius... that's a classic and funny joke!

Those of us RDX affiociandos (ooops, did I spell it right?, probably not), know our RDX well... it's limits and capabilities... We all like to think big things about our vehicles, but ultimately reality has to set in...

Put a professional driver into the RDX and the 2007 G35 (better still G37), and really run it against each other on the track... the numbers just don't add up to think the G35 will lose out...
On the public road, with variable congested traffic conditions, drivers either half-asleep or could not care less about racing with the RDX, that is a different story altogether...in such cases the RDX could actually win everytime!!! even the legendary Porsche 911 turbo is no match for the "almighty" RDX...

So at the end of the day... whatever RDX road racing victories reported here... take it for what you think it is... Something for the Myth-Busters to prove on their "impartial" TV series... and we all sensible RDX affiociandos know the truth...
Old 08-06-2007 | 12:48 PM
Team Owner

Yes, the most effective acceleration requires skilled throttle finesse for the most efficient, progressive, tire adhesion as power builds. Some small steering inputs are also required as the limited slip transfers torque abruptly.

But, skill in straight-line acceleration and traction management for 8 or 15 seconds is only one (small) aspect of performance driving.

Braking, controlling weight transfer/ tire slip angle and energy management entering and exiting corners is a much larger skill set than acceleration alone.

Now add traffic (that stubbornly refuses to stay over in their own lane); cutting off, drafting, boxing in. Throw in track that rises and falls, with increasing and decreasing radius turns, and off camber turns.

Now do it all in the rain and through the dark of night. Stay on that edge for hours, (not seconds) and make continuous judgements about re-fueling and maintenance.

Road course drivers have the most comprehesive skills, and are the best in the world.
I understand what you're saying now. I just hear it so much from uneducated people that drag racing is point and shoot and that might be so in a lot cars but not the faster ones. My only point is you take a car like mine, put it on street tires and floor it going down the freeway you better be ready to go sideways. Your average person is going to wrap it around a pole.

I love roadracing and have tried it in both the GN and TL. The GN is a blast but the brakes fade after a single lap and the TL with it's FWD and 250hp isn't much fun for me. I've got the suspension under the GN, if I ever have the money for some Brembos I might give it another shot but it's been put on the back burner for now.

Quick Reply: Cars you have smoked...