Cars you have smoked...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:29 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cars you have smoked...

I have had my RDX for about 4 months now and the turbo charged/VTEC 4 banger is a dream. Forget about 0-60 and Quarter miles, (seriously its a 4 thousand pound vehicle) that stated these are the cars i have beaten on the highway
1)Acura TL type S (yes the driver was in disbelief as well)
2)Infiniti G35 Coupe
and others i forget at the moment but those were the two big boys i am most pround of, I guess they just cant handle the 260 lbs of torque!
~everyone just list your victories and the look on the faces of the people you pass... ahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A tricked out XB rolls up to a stop and gives me the look like lets go.I thought
this jackass is joking.So light turns green and he hammers off the line,I admit
I know very little about cars but this XB must have had some serious mods,so I floored it and caught him easily.We roll up to next light and he tells me wtf you got there cause Im
running with nitrous,go figure!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Instructor

uh oh dont mean to spoil the fun but i cant wait till those "certain" people read this topic and start bashing all of us because raced on PUBLIC roads

anyways i've run against a ton of cars too many to list. I guess up there on my list is...

1. Infiniti FX35 (probably would be dead even with a 45)
2. 07 Civic Si Coupe
3. 06 Accord V6 Coupe
4. Acura RSX Type S/TSX/TL
5. Too many riced out integras, civics,etc...

Not bad for a SUV
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

Consider this the warning...do not let this thread get out of hand or it will be closed.

These things never end well...
Old 07-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Just give a list of cars and if you must a short description of the race but leave it to the imagination where the race took place. I truly believe this would be the only way to let this thread go on without being locked. It would give no basis to argue with those who disagree with street racing.

x3, x5, cts, s500, I even had the chance to smoke a few civics along the way =)
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Race Director

the RDX probably won't beat an IS350 or the current Mustang GT V8 that's for sure.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:10 PM
B A N N E D

Nor will it beat a X5 4.8i
Old 07-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Yup... exactly...

So... question is... so what if it smoked certain cars... There will always be another car that will smoke the RDX... Heck, even the Altima 3.5 R will easily smoke the RDX...
And what if the RDX can smoke a Civic SiR, a Nissan Sentra SE-R, a Mazda 3, (notice the cars I mentioned here)... it goes on and on and on...
So if a car smokes your RDX, does it deflate your ego? Or if you smoke a certain car, does it inflate your ego?

Get a Buggati Veyron, where the only other car that will smoke you, is one with a spaceship propulsion rocket slapped to the rear of it.

Just feel that these threads are meaningless... JMHO...

The RDX is no slouch, neither is it a road scorcher or LeMans champ, and it can easily pass a trailer-truck on the freeway with ease with the gobbles of torque provided by the turbo... period...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
it actually will run very close with it. Have a friend who bought a new 07, took him from a dig and from a roll it was dead nuts even.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Stop light racers...

Any moron can mash the gas and race from one stop light to the next.

The REAL question would be, how does the RDX fare on a twisty track layout versus other cars - where driver skill comes into play.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Stop light racers...

The REAL question would be, how does the RDX fare on a twisty track layout versus other cars - where driver skill comes into play.
exactly, but i think the RDX with the SH-AWD would be do really well in the twisties.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
exactly, but i think the RDX with the SH-AWD would be do really well in the twisties.
I totally agree. I really enjoyed the Tail of the Dragon videos I've watched where various testers have taken the RDX thru those twisty sections.

The RDX is a fine handling SUV and I think it excels at handling and cornering - not outright, straightline speed.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
heck, i would put my RDX up against almost any car on the road through the twisties, with the exception of porche etc....the RDX is NOT a fast vehicle, i dont know what you people have been driving before, but its not fast. it is however quick in the corners for sure. just thought i would share...lol
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Cose, Is that your car in your avatar? looks pretty damn nice.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
I have had my RDX for about 4 months now and the turbo charged/VTEC 4 banger is a dream. Forget about 0-60 and Quarter miles, (seriously its a 4 thousand pound vehicle) that stated these are the cars i have beaten on the highway
2)Infiniti G35 Coupe
and others i forget at the moment but those were the two big boys i am most pround of, I guess they just cant handle the 260 lbs of torque!
~everyone just list your victories and the look on the faces of the people you pass... ahahaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...
something tells me they weren't even bothering to try racing an SUV...

it's 4k lb suv... not a sports car.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by ex2k4

Actually they were pushing their accelerator to the limit and they just couldn't pass me (you could tell by the astonished look on their faces that they were trying...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by porsherules911
it actually will run very close with it. Have a friend who bought a new 07, took him from a dig and from a roll it was dead nuts even.
Yeah well, I don't know about that, but hit the breaks and the RDX will fall flat on its face, with fade and only adequate stopping distances.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by porsherules911
Your friend does know the "GO" pedal is the tall, slender one on the right, correct?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Your friend does know the "GO" pedal is the tall, slender one on the right, correct?
Yeah um lemme double check... no he was hitting the short wide one, no kidding he was on the "go" pedal ... and he also knows that despite the 350 hp he had vs my 240, his tank weighed in at nearly 5400 lbs.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ex2k4

Exactly... maybe the title should have been "what are the cars that have let you smoke"...

Sure, if there are twisties in the mountains, freeway, enjoy the ride and have fun with the stiff chassis... smoke other cars???
Why do posters like VeNeNo enjoy such meaningless endeavours, at the end of he day, there will be a car (probably a cheap domestic one at that too) which will smoke his RDX, and he never mentions it... and mentions only the "ones" that let him smoke them...

Go to the track and drag it, VeNeNo, e.g. join "pink" on the SpeedChannel, put your car up for grabs, and race against another fully prepared suped-up car, and then if you beat it, come back and claim your victorious runs...

If you see a Dodge Neon, don't snicker at it yet, thinking you can easily smoke him, look behind his trunk and ensure it's not the SRT-4, he/she might just give you several car lengths, and then spin up that turbo, and kick your RDX butt...

The RDX is not all-powerful, but it is definitely lots of fun to drive...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mav238
Get a Buggati Veyron, where the only other car that will smoke you, is one with a spaceship propulsion rocket slapped to the rear of it.
The Veyron's destination charge cost more than our RDX's out the door cost.....
Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Not so fast....

2)Infiniti G35 Coupe
I have a RDX and a TL(not even a type S) and the RDX is not faster than the TL off the line. My 04 TL can best the RDX---However handling-wise I think the RDX is superior...despite being a SUV. Give me a 6 speed RDX and I would be in heaven !
Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sasair
The Veyron's destination charge cost more than our RDX's out the door cost.....
Hehehe ... true Sasair... good point... but for folks like VeNeNo, they can then make all the claims of ultimate victory over all cars, and no one will dispute it...

Problem is, given that VeNeNo will probably do this on the public roads, he better have good connections at the justice hall, police authority... with all those high speed victories, he is going to need it...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverJ
I have a RDX and a TL(not even a type S) and the RDX is not faster than the TL off the line. My 04 TL can best the RDX---However handling-wise I think the RDX is superior...despite being a SUV. Give me a 6 speed RDX and I would be in heaven !
Ditto...

Straight line... the RDX is not almighty... but on the twisties, against other SUVs, it will hold its own...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
El Chulo...

yes that fast...

Originally Posted by mav238
Hehehe ... true Sasair... good point... but for folks like VeNeNo, they can then make all the claims of ultimate victory over all cars, and no one will dispute it...

Problem is, given that VeNeNo will probably do this on the public roads, he better have good connections at the justice hall, police authority... with all those high speed victories, he is going to need it...

Mav238 why are you such a hater my victories came against worthy foes and yes SilverJ the RDX is not faster then even a non type S tl off the line but will easily smoke one off the roll (better get the type S if you wanna roll with the RDX post quarter mile) Mav my RDX is pearl white just like yours it is beautiful enjoy your car and let everyone else who has an RDX enjoy it the way they chose this little SUV is a tuners car and i cant wait for the mods!!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Mav238 why are you such a hater my victories came against worthy foes and yes SilverJ the RDX is not faster then even a non type S tl off the line but will easily smoke one off the roll (better get the type S if you wanna roll with the RDX post quarter mile) Mav my RDX is pearl white just like yours it is beautiful enjoy your car and let everyone else who has an RDX enjoy it the way they chose this little SUV is a tuners car and i cant wait for the mods!!!!
ahahahaha here we go
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
I smoked 2 Civic Si's, a TL Type S, and 2 MDX's all at once. They were on a trailer being pulled by a Kenworth.

That counts...doesn't it?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Newbie for Life

Mav238 why are you such a hater my victories came against worthy foes
Uh, no love for the haters...the haters
Mad cuz I got floor seats at the Lakers
See me on the 50 yard line with the Raiders
Met Brian O'Conner, he told me I'm the greatest
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Pro

I read this thread a couple of days ago and thought that you all were just crazy. Then, yesterday, the dealer gave me a RDX as a loaner and some of these stories became very believable. This car is quick! When the turbo kicks in its a whole different motor, all that torque. Loved my time in your car guys, quick, handles well, and I loved the radio/navi controls. All that said, you wouldn't beat my 04 TL if I knew we were racing and my reaction time was at all halfway decent.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM
El Chulo...

Originally Posted by fish008
I read this thread a couple of days ago and thought that you all were just crazy. Then, yesterday, the dealer gave me a RDX as a loaner and some of these stories became very believable. This car is quick! When the turbo kicks in its a whole different motor, all that torque. Loved my time in your car guys, quick, handles well, and I loved the radio/navi controls. All that said, you wouldn't beat my 04 TL if I knew we were racing and my reaction time was at all halfway decent.
Fish, i'm glad you got to experince acuras best engine to date. But it still seems you didnt tap all 13.5 psi of boost. yes like stated earlier your TL would take off first, but off the roll it would stand no chance you would need a type S and even then it wouldn't be enough. But enough fighting the TL is a great car its just not turbo...
Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Newbie for Life

Fish, i'm glad you got to experince acuras best engine to date. But it still seems you didnt tap all 13.5 psi of boost. yes like stated earlier your TL would take off first, but off the roll it would stand no chance you would need a type S and even then it wouldn't be enough. But enough fighting the TL is a great car its just not turbo...
LOL

You've raced what...one freaking TL Type S and now you're an expert on racing all TL's from stoplight to stoplight?

Go get em, boy racer.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Pro

Are you out of your mind? Here are some links to Car and Driver web pages that show the 0-60, 1/4 mile, and my favorite 5-60 (the rolling start).

Link to the RDX info: http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/d..._sh_com_ts.pdf

Link to the 2004 TL MT page (note that is not a type-s): http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...-tl-page3.html

For those who dont need to look but want to know how much faster the TL is, here it is:

0-60 - RDX: 6.5 TL: 5.7
5-60 - RDX: 7.0 TL: 6.3
1/4 mile - RDX: 15.1 @ 91 TL: 14.4 @ 99

here is an A-spec TL...0-60: 5.6 - 5-60: 6.2 - 1-4 mile: 14.5

So VeNeNo, which one of those races would you win?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:07 PM
El Chulo...

Are you out of your mind? Here are some links to Car and Driver web pages that show the 0-60, 1/4 mile, and my favorite 5-60 (the rolling start).

Link to the 2004 TL MT page (note that is not a type-s): http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...-tl-page3.html

For those who dont need to look but want to know how much faster the TL is, here it is:

Silly fishes trix are for kids... If you would have read the Original post of the thread you would notice what i said (through 0-60 and quarter miles out the window) we are talking about really rolling and most cars cannot keep up with the turbo induced torque of the RDX it is quite astonishing... so dont hate the player hate the game...fishes...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Cruisin'

Stop light racers...

Love that!
I can tell you that the RDX is not faster than a G35, car for car....I own an o4 G coupe and an RDX. Handling in the twisties, I feel way more confident in a car that has a lower center of gravity and not as much oversteer. I love both cars, but like most reasonable people, why would I want to race a 4k lb raised vehicle? If the rdx cou;d be lowered and the interior striped, it could make a descent little racer, but in that case, you could always just buy a spotrs car to begin with.
.....just to be fair, yes I've ripped on the throttle a few times...you gota have some fun
Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Instructor

I actually had a debate like this when I first got the Rdx and yes they run similar times. I generally don't like to go by magazine times since they are all over the place. C/D may say 6.5 while RoadnTrack will say 7.2. Most of the time I take a look at all the magazines and take the average. Plus when two cars run similar times then there are a LOT of factors that may alter the times such as temperature, humidity, heat soak, weight in the car, fuel level, etc...

Now with this TL vs Rdx, majority of people have automatic TLs so yes with an automatic, a Rdx may beat it from a dig because of launch. If its a stick or Aspec then forget it Rdx has no shot. Also saying that the Rdx will have a better chance from a roll is retarted, last time I checked awd kills you while rolling. Yor best shot against any car is from a dig, not on the highway.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Newbie for Life

Silly fishes trix are for kids... If you would have read the Original post of the thread you would notice what i said (through 0-60 and quarter miles out the window) we are talking about really rolling and most cars cannot keep up with the turbo induced torque of the RDX it is quite astonishing... so dont hate the player hate the game...fishes...
Hey, genius...he gave the "rolling" stats as well. They're indicated as "5-60" which means the driver was rolling and traveling 5 MPH on launch. I do agree with Porscherules911 in that these test times across multiple magazines can differ greatly due to a variety of variables.

Of course, you must be a true street racer veteran dusting all these Civics with your RDX. So only you, with your omnipotent street sense, would know what "really rolling" would be.

Don't hate the player...son, you're still standing on the wall like you was Poindexter.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Intermediate

I dont get how this turned into a "TL vs RDX" thread. For those that dont know this CUV is actually fast in comparison to other SUV's and CUV's. To be totally honest its faster than a lot of cars out there. So why would you start bashing each other over a race you personally were not there for? In the race with the G35 who knows that the person driving didnt bog the engine from the start or maybe the person wasnt proficent with shifting a manual and LOST!! It can and will always be a possibility.

I also own a 300c which has a long list of kills under its belt so I know what can happen in a race. I once destroyed a Corvette in that car. The Vette had a supercharger and work done to the max. The guy stalled and by the time he got his car rolling I was half way down the track. You can have the fastest car theoretically but if the driver isn't as good as the car you get horrible results!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Race Director

Honda needs to continue to make more turbos! I really hope there is a 100% confirmation for a turbo in the next TSX.

Has anyone ever driven the old Nissan 300zx twin turbo? My cousin's friend had one from back in the day and those things haul fast!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Pro

OK VeNeNo, what is your idea of a rolling start? At what mile per hour to what mile per hour do you think you could win? Do some simple math with those webpages I listed earlier. RDX: 50-70 - 3.8 seconds TL: 50-70 - 3.2 seconds. How about on the highway 70-100? RDX: 70-100 - 10.1 seconds TL: 70-100 - 7 seconds. Nope, still no win for you. Okay, one more, 30 to 60 mph: RDX 4.3 seconds and the TL 3.5 seconds. All those are rolling starts for one magazine so we atleast know that the way they test are consistent. The rolling start takes the MT drop clutch start out of it so, VeNeNo, get real.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by INEEDATRUCK
I dont get how this turned into a "TL vs RDX" thread. For those that dont know this CUV is actually fast in comparison to other SUV's and CUV's. To be totally honest its faster than a lot of cars out there. So why would you start bashing each other over a race you personally were not there for? In the race with the G35 who knows that the person driving didnt bog the engine from the start or maybe the person wasnt proficent with shifting a manual and LOST!! It can and will always be a possibility.

I also own a 300c which has a long list of kills under its belt so I know what can happen in a race. I once destroyed a Corvette in that car. The Vette had a supercharger and work done to the max. The guy stalled and by the time he got his car rolling I was half way down the track. You can have the fastest car theoretically but if the driver isn't as good as the car you get horrible results!
Fair enough. I am just sticking up for my car, I can't have a bad driver making my car look bad. Maybe the thread should be, WHAT TERRIBLE DRIVERS DID YOU BEAT, AND IN WHAT CARS?

Got a question for you INEEDATRUCK. Would you/did you go around telling everyone that you know that you beat a 600+ hp Vette? If you did and the person you were telling knew anything about cars their eyes would have rolled so far back in their head they would have been looking at their brain. That is until you mentioned that the guy stalled his car and that is how you won.

Quick Reply: Cars you have smoked...