Calling out to Boston RDX Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Calling out to Boston RDX Owners...

Howdy -

I'm looking at buying an 07 RDX probably in October. It kind of sucks because we really only have 2 Acura dealers to go to - Acura of Boston and Acura of Framingham.

Has anyone shopped at either of these places? What was your experience like? Which one would you recommend more or would you recommend another place?

BTW, if you could tell me what RDX you got and the price you paid with options I would really appreciate it.

Also, another Acurazine member had a great idea (Matt7777). If anyone is planning on buying a 07 RDX in October timeframe maybe we can team up and get a better deal if we tell the dealer they can get rid of two at the same time.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't wait that long for an '07 because i got a really good quote from a dealer in CT before i went on vacation and now that i'm back there are no longer anymore RDX's for me to choose from. He has 2 Technology packages left but no more Base's, which is what I wanted. It looks like I won't get my RDX anytime soon.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
You have Boston, Framingham, Peabody, Auburn, Nashua NH, and North Hampton NH. I hear weekly horror stories about Boston, but my opinion is biased as I work for a different dealer.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by black label
You have Boston, Framingham, Peabody, Auburn, Nashua NH, and North Hampton NH. I hear weekly horror stories about Boston, but my opinion is biased as I work for a different dealer.
Black - to be honest I've heard the same about Acura of Boston. I will keep an eye out for them.

Right now the Acura dealers around me have plenty of '07s on the lot and they haven't been moving at all over the last 6 mos. They don't seem to be too hot in this area so I'm not too worried about them moving too fast.

If they are gone by the time I'm shopping then oh well I'll have to get an '08 I guess.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just bought an MDX and got our TL from Acura of Boston. Inskip Acura of Providence also has been good in negotiations, but we have been able to do just about as well if not better at Acura of Boston.

Mike
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Intermediate

I got my RDX back in February @ Acura of Boston. I paid $34,000 for the Tech. package.

I've heard some bad things about them. But my experience there was fine. I happened to deal with a rookie salesman so I was all over him.
Of course, you need to do your homework before you walk into the dealership. Also knowing that RDX is selling slow, you can really hammer a good deal as they want your business, just be ready to make the purchase if they offer you the deal.

Also, if you are going to finance it, make sure you know your credit score so you know for sure you will get their special financial rate.

You can also try Acura of Peabody. I talked with them a few times on the phone and they seem to be very friendly and willing to make a deal with you.

Hope these help.

AC11
Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Pro

Thanks for your feedback guys. I appreciate you sharing what you paid. I will definitely work with Boston, Peabody, and Framingham to get the best deal. My company also offers the service of MassBuy, www.massbuy.com, which does a lot of the work for you in the negotiation process. I hear they have partnerships with certain dealers. I'm going to see what kind of price I can get out of that process and then see if I can go lower.

I already know my credit score and it's up there (meaning good) so I should be able to get their special financing options. I'll be looking for a loan for 48-60 months.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
5th Gear

Take a look at Seekonk

Originally Posted by phoward_15
Thanks for your feedback guys. I appreciate you sharing what you paid. I will definitely work with Boston, Peabody, and Framingham to get the best deal. My company also offers the service of MassBuy, www.massbuy.com, which does a lot of the work for you in the negotiation process. I hear they have partnerships with certain dealers. I'm going to see what kind of price I can get out of that process and then see if I can go lower.

I already know my credit score and it's up there (meaning good) so I should be able to get their special financing options. I'll be looking for a loan for 48-60 months.

I live in Boston, but ended up buying my RDX in Seekonk at First Acura. I used a program called Your Fighting Chance (www.yourfightingchance.com) to negotiate with all the dealers in New England without having to visit them all. I wanted to buy from Boston, but they couldn't match the deal I got in Seekonk.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Beantown2007
I live in Boston, but ended up buying my RDX in Seekonk at First Acura. I used a program called Your Fighting Chance (www.yourfightingchance.com) to negotiate with all the dealers in New England without having to visit them all. I wanted to buy from Boston, but they couldn't match the deal I got in Seekonk.
Are you sure that's the URL to the site? Everytime I go there I get a domain registry site.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you sure that's the URL to the site? Everytime I go there I get a domain registry site.
www.fightingchance.com
Old 08-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
I bought my TSX back in 2004 at Acura of Boston and it was the best deal in the area... Peabody was going to be about 300 dollars more...

If you want an 07 RDX why wait til October? Odds are the 08's will be rolling in by then and the 07 inventory might be slim to none...

I think you will get just as good of a deal now than you would in October... I bought my TSX for a deal at the end of July with deliver in mid/late August...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by savage
I bought my TSX back in 2004 at Acura of Boston and it was the best deal in the area... Peabody was going to be about 300 dollars more...

If you want an 07 RDX why wait til October? Odds are the 08's will be rolling in by then and the 07 inventory might be slim to none...

I think you will get just as good of a deal now than you would in October... I bought my TSX for a deal at the end of July with deliver in mid/late August...
Savage thanks for the advice. The reason I'm waiting until October is that's when I get my nice big bonus. I'm going to pay for at least half of the car up front so I'm waiting until then. I figure it'll also help in the negotiation process if I have a lot of money up front. Never have liked a lot of big loans out there.

If the dealers are out of '07s or don't have the color, etc., I want then I'll just get an '08.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Savage thanks for the advice. The reason I'm waiting until October is that's when I get my nice big bonus. I'm going to pay for at least half of the car up front so I'm waiting until then. I figure it'll also help in the negotiation process if I have a lot of money up front. Never have liked a lot of big loans out there.

If the dealers are out of '07s or don't have the color, etc., I want then I'll just get an '08.
another option is just securing a line of credit. Borowwing 15k at even 8% annual is only 200 bucks more for a two month bridge.

Not a lot of cash to make sure you get the car you want and get it two months earlier.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by mvwood
another option is just securing a line of credit. Borowwing 15k at even 8% annual is only 200 bucks more for a two month bridge.

Not a lot of cash to make sure you get the car you want and get it two months earlier.
Just a word of advice. They don't need to know how you plan to pay for the car during the negotiation process. If I were you, I would keep that out of the discussion until the price is finalized. Same goes for a trade-in. Get them to quote you a final price with everything but tax, title, and fees, and then talk logistics.

By the way, I was in the same position as you with the bonus. I just got mine yesterday, but I bought my car at the end of June. I have no regrets.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:02 AM
5th Gear

I went to Boston Acura back in March and did not care for their sales manager. I ended up going to Inskip Acura in Warwick, RI. Paul Andrade is the manager & it was like night and day between the two dealerships.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by The Web
I went to Boston Acura back in March and did not care for their sales manager. I ended up going to Inskip Acura in Warwick, RI. Paul Andrade is the manager & it was like night and day between the two dealerships.
I didn't have a bad experience at the Boston dealership, but I got a much better deal at First Acura in Seakonk.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Intermediate

I just bought an 07' RDX from Boston (Brighton). I had no problems with the transaction and had a good experience with the salesman (initals P.W.) who seemed reasonable/not too-pushy. I ended up paying $33,900 with the Tech package, and cargo organizer. I paid an extra $410 for the roof rack/crossbars including installation. Acura of Northampton was terrible and would not budge below 35K.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Don't forget Clair Acura in East Walpole on Rte 1 Automile.

Having purchased 6 Acuras from Various dealers in MA and VT over the past 15 or so years, I fell I can add some insight to this.....

I bought one in Vermont(irrelevant) for this discussion), 2 in NH at North Hampton Acura, one at Acura of Boston, one at Clair, and one at First Acura.

The best advice I can give you is....Don't give up until you get your best deal, and DON'T be loyal to a dealer! That is just what they want.

I bought at First Acura this time(as did my girl friend) because they gave the best deal...that said, they are just as slimey as the next dealer....their angle is a little ditty called Lifecare, which on the surface looks really good(free tires for life of the car), but the fine print of the Lifecare contract reveals the dirty little secret.(you have to do ALL service with them.) I did well with my deal at First because they badly wanted my tradein(05 RSX Type S)

Incontrast to Metz above, I had just the opposite experience with North Hampton, and Acura of Boston....Notice I used NH Acura twice. NH were more than willing to deal, while Boston tried to use the ol' bait and switch on me to get me to drive up there from Norwood, they "lost" my keys when I threatened to walk out.(the keys reappeared lightning fast when I asked to borrow the phone to call the police. )

Clair in Walpole is a small dealership, and it's ok I guess, but I don't like the fact that they are pretty indifferent to me when I bring my G/F's RDX in for and oil change, but bow down and kiss my a$$ bigtime when I bring my RL in.