BMW X3 vs RDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW X3 vs RDX

I know this has probably been discussed to death, but did anyone cross-shop the X3? I tried to do a search by BMW and X3 are too short to find any matches.

I test drove a CX-7 yesterday. Definitely not in the same league as the RDX. I think the CX-9 is a better match based on quality and price.

So who here has driven an X3?

From what I understand the lease rates are about the same.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Advanced

I did (four times). In the end, I didn't think that the X3 warranted a $10k price premium over the RDX, although it did drive very nicely.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
I did (four times). In the end, I didn't think that the X3 warranted a $10k price premium over the RDX, although it did drive very nicely.

Agreed. I started out looking at the X3, 350, FX and RDX, and narrowed it down to the X3 and RDX. On the day I bought my RDX, I went to both dealerships and test drove both (for the 3rd time).

I admit I liked the X3, but not at the extra cost
Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

Assuming the payment was the same with the RDX (because of a higher residual on the BMW etc) would you still go with the RDX?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Race Director

I know that if you want an X3 with all the options of an RDX it will run you in the 40k range.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Racer

I did look at the X3. I didn't think it was any better than the RDX, but it was a lot more expensive (if you're buying) and Consumer Reports thinks the RDX will be a lot more reliable.

I don't like the Mazdas either. Their squished styling really limits the interior space. The CX9 is much heavier and less fun to drive than the RDX. The CX9 is also very expensive when you add in the options packages needed to make it comparable to the RDX.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally don't think the BMW X3, with it's not-extraordinary looks, hefty premium price, so-so reliability, is of similar value and quality to the Acura RDX. It may well handle as well, if not better, but I would not pay the extra $10K for the X3.

It does not have that same sophisticated classy look of the X5.

I think if I really went for the X3, it would have been for the reason of having that blue/white propeller emblem on my car hood.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
I never really liked the styling of the X3, it just..doesn't look classy enough to be a BMW, especially the front end. Besides, the design is getting old, a new generation may be coming out in a few years. Check some BMW forums too and see why those people bought the X3.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

6mos later, I wish I got the X3. Loaded it was about $50k, but could have leased for the same price as buying the RDX, plus free maintenance. I talked myself out of it, convinced myself that it was not worth it. In hindsight, a base X3 with PP would have made me happier than a RDX with Tech. I've had several BMW's so I'm jaded. If you've never had a BMW, you dont know what you are missing. IMHO, If you came from another Japanese car the RDX is great.

I like the RDX...... but I love BMW's. As soon as Mrs Rizzo's lease is up in 12mos, she's getting the RDX, and I'm getting a 535. Dont look for too much objectivity on this board. Kind of like asking if the RDX is a better CUV on Bimmerfest.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mav238
I personally don't think the BMW X3, with it's not-extraordinary looks, hefty premium price, so-so reliability, is of similar value and quality to the Acura RDX. It may well handle as well, if not better, but I would not pay the extra $10K for the X3.

It does not have that same sophisticated classy look of the X5.

I think if I really went for the X3, it would have been for the reason of having that blue/white propeller emblem on my car hood.
Hey Stoodo, I've been driving a 2005 X3 for a year now. Test drove the RDX way back in October when it was first released in Canada. Here are my quick thoughts:

PROS
- I agree with mav238 in that it handles just a tiny bit better than the RDX. Control feedback from the steering wheel just feels tighter.
- Disagree with mav238 about reliability. The car's been in the family for over 2 years now and no issues.
- The fit and finish of the new 2007 models goes a long way in justifying the heftier price.
- Has power windows (for every window) & power passenger. Plenty of light for the trunk space. We added the power moonroof option...which is one of my favourite features now that it's warm again.

CONS
- Interior not as luxurious as RDX. Seats not as comfortable.
- Still expensive for what you get. Options are priced pretty high too.
- I agree that the ext. styling is a bit dated.
- Bumpier than the RDX (though I've read others that say the RDX is bumpier).

In the end, it really comes down to money. If you have the cash to blow on the X3, you won't really regret it. The X3 is a great CUV and fun to drive (opposed to the Ford Freestyle I use sometimes which feels like a chore).

BUT I am still counting down the days until the lease is up on the Ford so I can buy the RDX. The interior is more inviting than the X3, performance is on par, and from what I read the SH-AWD it handles a bit better in the snow too...a huge plus in Canada. All for roughly $4,000 CAN less when comparing base models...I'm not sure what comes standard in the '07 X3s so the difference might be even more if optioned out evenly.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
6mos later, I wish I got the X3. Loaded it was about $50k, but could have leased for the same price as buying the RDX, plus free maintenance. I talked myself out of it, convinced myself that it was not worth it. In hindsight, a base X3 with PP would have made me happier than a RDX with Tech. I've had several BMW's so I'm jaded. If you've never had a BMW, you dont know what you are missing. IMHO, If you came from another Japanese car the RDX is great.

I like the RDX...... but I love BMW's. As soon as Mrs Rizzo's lease is up in 12mos, she's getting the RDX, and I'm getting a 535. Dont look for too much objectivity on this board. Kind of like asking if the RDX is a better CUV on Bimmerfest.
I guess you are referring to the handling well known of BMW, and also the solid build it is famous for.

I came from two BMWs, E46 323i and 330i, and they handle great, looks great,
great smooth powerful inline six engines... the latter is especially true of the 330i...

Yup.. I came from those bimmers, and I know what I am missing, and also what I am not missing... the latter being the so so reliability if you intend to keep the car beyond the 4 years of free maintenance...
For you, since you intend to lease, I guess that is a mute point...

Objectivity aside, I personally feel the current X3 exterior looks is unbecoming of a classy BMW... the X5 is on the other hand, really carries the BMW emblem proudly...

Again, if you are an addict for the BMW handling traits... then go for it... spend the extra 10K and enjoy the awesome ride... nothing wrong with that at all...

And you are right... objectivity does not mean anything in a car forum... if you are in a RDX forum... guess what... majority of the people will say they like it better than other makes...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Boon
Hey Stoodo, I've been driving a 2005 X3 for a year now. Test drove the RDX way back in October when it was first released in Canada. Here are my quick thoughts:

PROS
- I agree with mav238 in that it handles just a tiny bit better than the RDX. Control feedback from the steering wheel just feels tighter.
- Disagree with mav238 about reliability. The car's been in the family for over 2 years now and no issues.
- The fit and finish of the new 2007 models goes a long way in justifying the heftier price.
- Has power windows (for every window) & power passenger. Plenty of light for the trunk space. We added the power moonroof option...which is one of my favourite features now that it's warm again.

CONS
- Interior not as luxurious as RDX. Seats not as comfortable.
- Still expensive for what you get. Options are priced pretty high too.
- I agree that the ext. styling is a bit dated.
- Bumpier than the RDX (though I've read others that say the RDX is bumpier).

In the end, it really comes down to money. If you have the cash to blow on the X3, you won't really regret it. The X3 is a great CUV and fun to drive (opposed to the Ford Freestyle I use sometimes which feels like a chore).

BUT I am still counting down the days until the lease is up on the Ford so I can buy the RDX. The interior is more inviting than the X3, performance is on par, and from what I read the SH-AWD it handles a bit better in the snow too...a huge plus in Canada. All for roughly $4,000 CAN less when comparing base models...I'm not sure what comes standard in the '07 X3s so the difference might be even more if optioned out evenly.

Yup, agree with your evaluation of the X3 overall performance... but in terms of reliability, if you check canadiandriver.ca, reliability of a used bimmer X3 is not really as good as the Japanese makes...

If you are a junkie for great handling and performance, and money is not an issue, the extra 10K is definitely worth it...

But a loaded X3, with the full packages + GPS, will run you into the upper 50K (before taxes). Personally, if the exterior looks and interior design is more classy, sportier and sexier, the 50+K price would be worth the price... Chris Bangle sure did a "GREAT" job with the past few years of BMW design (in particular the X3 and current 3 series)
Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mav238
Yup, agree with your evaluation of the X3 overall performance... but in terms of reliability, if you check canadiandriver.ca, reliability of a used bimmer X3 is not really as good as the Japanese makes...

If you are a junkie for great handling and performance, and money is not an issue, the extra 10K is definitely worth it...

But a loaded X3, with the full packages + GPS, will run you into the upper 50K (before taxes). Personally, if the exterior looks and interior design is more classy, sportier and sexier, the 50+K price would be worth the price... Chris Bangle sure did a "GREAT" job with the past few years of BMW design (in particular the X3 and current 3 series)
Yep, I agree. I was just speaking from personal experience and very happy we haven't had any problems with the X3 yet (knock on wood). I looked into it some more after my post and the difference is probably $10K when optioning to match the Tech package. Personally, I intend on getting a base RDX (here's hoping bluetooth comes standard in the '08s!).

I definitely wish the X3 looked more like the X5. Then again, I also wish the RDX looked more like the MDX too.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Boon
Yep, I agree. I was just speaking from personal experience and very happy we haven't had any problems with the X3 yet (knock on wood). I looked into it some more after my post and the difference is probably $10K when optioning to match the Tech package. Personally, I intend on getting a base RDX (here's hoping bluetooth comes standard in the '08s!).

I definitely wish the X3 looked more like the X5. Then again, I also wish the RDX looked more like the MDX too.
Actually, when I checked out the BMW X3 on the website, I selected the X3 3.0si version for comparison, as I think we need to compare apples with apples in performance, the X3 3.0i is only 215HP, while the RDX is 240HP and with much higher torque.
So loaded all the amenities coming close to the RDX, 18" wheels, premium package, with tech, it came to about CAD60K-63K, before taxes. Plus, the stereo is not even the Harmon Kardon system they used to provide in the packages.

So I don't think it is merely a CAD10K difference. It is at least $15K-20K difference. It is definitely not small change (at least for me anyway). Would I pay the extra 15K-20K for the X3, just to get the status feeling of the blue/white propeller, the famed solid build quality and the equal or slightly better performance than the RDX? Probably not...
Heck even the new Infiniti small CUV is nicer looking and classier than the X3. It almost seemed like the X3 was simply an afterthought for the BMW engineers and Chris Bangle.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Photographer

interesting. i always wondered how the X3 compared to the RDX.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Intermediate

Here's another article about the two vehicles. I didn't realize the X3 was having such a rough go (at least in terms of sales).

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/co...522_043879.htm
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
See the current Car&Driver.

BMW X3 3.0si 44800$ (base price 38775$).
Acura RDX 37165$

They chose the Bimmer - and by a margin. I'd do too, leaving a few options out if necessary.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Saintor
See the current Car&Driver.

BMW X3 3.0si 44800$ (base price 38775$).
Acura RDX 37165$

They chose the Bimmer - and by a margin. I'd do too, leaving a few options out if necessary.

I found this article and from what I can see they didnt love it but they didnt hate it but they diffenently thought it was expensive. However according to what I got they never said we choose 1 over the other.

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ing-page3.html
Old 05-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Trackruner228
I found this article and from what I can see they didnt love it but they didnt hate it but they diffenently thought it was expensive. However according to what I got they never said we choose 1 over the other.

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ing-page3.html
They picked the X3 over the RDX in the current issue I just received this week. As usual, a car magazine gave no points for reliability and did not factor in price, so the comparison is pretty meaningless for someone that actually has to own one. The X3 is basically 20% more expensive than an RDX, too much of a gap for an apples to apples comparison. Car and Driver basically picks the car they liked to drive for a two day test, which is not very meaningful to someone that actually has to fork over $35000 to $45000 for one and drive it to work every day.

As far as reliability goes:

There are three cars sitting in a cold parking lot. Your captor holds a gun to your head. One car is German, one Japanese, and one American. "Pick one and start it up. If it starts, you live." How many of you would really pick the German car or American car? Really?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Race Director

Hm thats true and I subscribe to caranddriver so I will probably get the issue this week then I look forward to reading it.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
boostin'

I've owned Bimmers before, and after owning 3 Acuras in the past 4 years (TSX RSX Type S, RDX), I can say that I feel better owning the Acuras as far as reliability and especially affordability, Bimmers have gotten too expensive for my tastes to jump back in one in the future, there are as good, if not better, Japanese vehicles in the same segments which I would rather own
Old 05-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX REX
I've owned Bimmers before, and after owning 3 Acuras in the past 4 years (TSX RSX Type S, RDX), I can say that I feel better owning the Acuras as far as reliability and especially affordability, Bimmers have gotten too expensive for my tastes to jump back in one in the future, there are as good, if not better, Japanese vehicles in the same segments which I would rather own

I agree with your points, but people who buy bimmers like the X3 is really looking at the blue/white propeller emblem more than anything else. They know that it is definitely more costly to own and maintain a BMW as compared with a Honda or Toyota product. But most own them for the 3-4 years where the maintenance is fully covered. Following that, they either lease or finance another one.

Have to admit, in this materialistic world, status and branded goods is coveted deeply by some...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Cruisin'

I drove the RDX extensively before buying the X3.
The X3 has better driver visibility, particularly to the rear
Much smoother powertrain and almost as fast without having to wait through the lag than revving the hell out of it
Better MPGs
When I purchased the BMW it was $70 a month less than a same 36 month lease on the RDX
I prefer the dash on the RDX and its controls
I am not wild about the styling of either the RDX or the X3
The rear pillars on the RDX ruin the visibilty to the rear
The X3 has alot less road rumble and rides a little better.
I have a freind with an RDX and we took a 300 mile trip and traded cars alot, the X3 averaged 22.5 and the RDX 19.3.
We agreed the RDX was preferred only when driven really hard but under ordinary use the BMW was more relaxed and quieter with a much more responsive transmission. Seating comfort and cargo space are very similiar and the vehicles are close in many ways.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Banned

people who buy bimmers like the X3 is really looking at the blue/white propeller emblem more than anything else

BMW vehicles sell by themselves (they are superior in driving experience) and don't really need the badge to prove anything, even if it is true that SOME people love the badge.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Burning Brakes

BMW has done a great marketing job. Their cars are pretty much always the most expensive in a given segment, but no one seems to consider that when comparing cars. No shit it is more refined--they had $9,000 more to work with!

As far as I am concerned, the X3 is way more expensive (I am most likely not going to lease--my wife is a finance person) than the RDX and therefore not really a direct competitor. If I were to spend ~$45,000 on two row SUV, I would be looking at an FX45.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Surely it is more refined. The I6 engine talks by itself and makes a bold statement in refinement and no Honda/Acura 4-cyl. is at this level.

A 41000$ X3 on lease is 512$+txs. 15000 miles a year.

A 33000$ RDX on lease is 369$+ 2035$ +txs. 10000 miles a year.

Almost the same monthly payment in the end.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Surely it is more refined. The I6 engine talks by itself and makes a bold statement in refinement and no Honda/Acura 4-cyl. is at this level.

A 41000$ X3 on lease is 512$+txs.

A 33000$ RDX on lease is 369$+ 2995$ +txs.

Less than 10% difference.

What about residual? Payment is only part of the lease picture. The X3 may be a better lease deal, I don't know.

I don't think a $41,000 X3 is as well equipped at the RDX.

And the powertrain of the RDX is MiJ. Sorry, but I would buy a Japanese made engine over anyone else's if it comes down to just that. The X3's engine may be more refined, but my bet is on the Honda motor for longevity every time. Again, only a concern if buying and keeping.

I guess if was pretty sure that I was going to lease I would consider the X3. Now you have to talk my Chinese wife with a master's degree in finance that leasing a car for three years makes financial sense over buying and keeping a Japanese car.

Oh, hell, what do I know, I haven't even test drove either one yet.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A 41000$ X3 on lease is 512$+txs. 15000 miles a year.

A 33000$ RDX on lease is 369$+ 2035$ +txs. 10000 miles a year.

Almost the same monthly payment in the end.
BMW's website says:

based on a MSRP of $38775
$409/month + $3359 down 10000 miles/year

point is you can get what ever deal you work out and you have to compare apples to apples here.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Banned

I took it from BMW website as well. No negociation 0$ capital.

X3 3.0si red with leather interior, Steptronic, 18" 40725$ 15000miles 36 mo ---> 512$ + txs. In Canada, we have a X3 3.0 non-si for 5K$ less.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
10th Gear

Refined Motor? Try personality!

Ummmm - If you are looking for "refinement" the RDX might not be the car of choice for you. If you are looking for personality - then the RDX is your car!! I have about 12,000 miles on mine (non-tech, purchased) and really enjoy it.

The engine is like a talkative cat, it makes all kinds of different noises, depending on what's going on (turbo spooling up, BOV dumping, etc.). I think it's a near-luxury car designed to be a little manhandled. When you stomp on the gas, it displays all kinds of personality - "...and personality goes a long ways."
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

BMW vehicles sell by themselves (they are superior in driving experience) and don't really need the badge to prove anything, even if it is true that SOME people love the badge.

I totally agree with the driving experience with a bimmer, I owned a 2001 330i with the M-sport suspension, and the steering was razor sharp, handling was phenomenal.

But we are talking about the X3, and my personal opinion of that vehicle is that, 1) it is over-priced, 2) handles well but CUVs like the RDX and upcoming JX will match it's handling 3) looks really really ugly for a bimmer and in comparison with the X5.

Inline sixes are really refined smooth powerplants, but the one currently in the X3 is really nothing out of the ordinary.

Would I like to own another bimmer, yeah, probably, but not the current X3.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Cruisin'

The BMW financial lease on the X3 had a much lower money factor and a higher residual than the RDX, My $44K MSRP X3 with a $5K drive-off payment was $70 a month less than the RDX with same 15K a year miles and $5K drive-off. Both were priced at $100 over invoice and lowest money factors. BMW was $449/month versus $519/month for the RDX. BMWs excellent CPO program allows BMW to be very competitive and not lose money. Good for customers good for the dealer. In my case I got the car I wanted with no maintanence costs for the term of the lease which makes it an even better buy. I bought 4 Acuras in 2 years from the same dealer, I know they tried very hard but just could not come close.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mikef
The BMW financial lease on the X3 had a much lower money factor and a higher residual than the RDX, My $44K MSRP X3 with a $5K drive-off payment was $70 a month less than the RDX with same 15K a year miles and $5K drive-off. Both were priced at $100 over invoice and lowest money factors. BMW was $449/month versus $519/month for the RDX. BMWs excellent CPO program allows BMW to be very competitive and not lose money. Good for customers good for the dealer. In my case I got the car I wanted with no maintanence costs for the term of the lease which makes it an even better buy. I bought 4 Acuras in 2 years from the same dealer, I know they tried very hard but just could not come close.
Leasing is one way of driving (not owning) a luxury car and still be affordable within the budget. I am not surprised if it turns out the BMW lX3 ease monthly payment may end up being cheaper than the RDX. But lease payments work well only for people who change their cars every 3-4 years, and their lease payments are tax deductible from their home business or work.

If you compare the price of the BMW X3 and RDX, focusing on owning the vehicle, the X3 is definitely significantly more expensive than the RDX. I typically own a car for at least 5 years, and not with a home business or work that allows tax deductions on lease payments of cars.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:32 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

I have just sold my 2006 BMW 325i, and I am now considering buying a 2008 328xi coupe or 2008 RDX or Infinity EX??-want AWD) The 325i was the 3rd BMW that I have owned.
I have to agree that the in-line 6 is smooth and responsive and gives decent fuel consumption .The BMW cars that i have had handled very well, including a track day.Before I sold my last one, I tested a 2007 X3 3.0si demo and found the power and handling to be very good. For me the X3 looks too much like a regular SUV (boxy),plain inside and not sporty at all.Also, comparably equipped to the RDX is too expensive for my budget and I just don't see the value for the money.Even the base 328xi coupe(incl. auto and sunroof) that i am also considering is more expensive by $ 6000 than the RDX-Tech.So the RDX is high on my list but are holding off till I get the prices for the 2008 model year and more info. on the new Infinity EX(not sure when this one will be out).Being a cash buyer I would hope to get a good deal
on whatever I buy.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Photographer

Originally Posted by casa7
I have just sold my 2006 BMW 325i, and I am now considering buying a 2008 328xi coupe or 2008 RDX or Infinity EX??-want AWD) The 325i was the 3rd BMW that I have owned.
I have to agree that the in-line 6 is smooth and responsive and gives decent fuel consumption .The BMW cars that i have had handled very well, including a track day.Before I sold my last one, I tested a 2007 X3 3.0si demo and found the power and handling to be very good. For me the X3 looks too much like a regular SUV (boxy),plain inside and not sporty at all.Also, comparably equipped to the RDX is too expensive for my budget and I just don't see the value for the money.Even the base 328xi coupe(incl. auto and sunroof) that i am also considering is more expensive by $ 6000 than the RDX-Tech.So the RDX is high on my list but are holding off till I get the prices for the 2008 model year and more info. on the new Infinity EX(not sure when this one will be out).Being a cash buyer I would hope to get a good deal
on whatever I buy.
have you considered the 2007 BMW 335i? my friend has one and let me tell you this, ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY! the drive is awesome! twin turbo I-6 really puts you back in your seat. and it gets better mileage than the RDX she has the 6spd.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

on whatever I buy.
Hmmm., BC Canada eh... whereabouts? Is AWD a necessity for you? I live up in the Westwood plateau area, and we get a lot more snow than most vancouverites in the lower mainland.

If the Bimmer's handling, smooth power delivery and prestige is what you are looking for, then go for it over the RDX. I agree with you, the X3 is overpriced and outdated exterior and interior design...

Are you anticipating the need of a SUV type space requirements?

Otherwise, the BMW 335i is indeed a great choice... my wife would love to have that (been bugging me about getting her the 3 series again for a long time). This car is all about performance and doing it in style and prestige.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

I live in the interior of BC and like to travel in the winter through mountain passes, going west,east and south. This is the reason why I am looking at getting an AWD vehicle and sold my 325i.The 335 does not come in AWD at this time and it is also more expensive than the 328xi.
As mentioned before, I have a budget and would like to get as sporty a vehicle as I can with AWD. RDX seem to be one option.
While I am at it, for those that live in BC, which Acura dealers have you had the best buying experience with and what kind of discounts can be expected from them.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Hi Again,
Is there a way to get daily email notifications on new and updated threads on this RDX forum?I get them on Bimmerfest so I thought that it might also be available here.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Hi Again,
Is there a way to get daily email notifications on new and updated threads on this RDX forum?I get them on Bimmerfest so I thought that it might also be available here.
Yup, go to "Your Account" above and then subscriptions.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Not an Ashtray

I actually think the X3 comparison should be with the MDX - not the RDX. You can get a MDX Tech for virtually the same price as a decently equiped X3. And, in terms of power size and features, the X3 does not compete well with the MDX. You can go with the X3 is your prefer a smaller vehicle that handles betters, I suppose.

But, despite what postesr above are saying, if you prefer to buy (I don't ever lease because I keep my cars too long), the X3 does not make a lot of economic sense.

Having driven both the RDX and X3, I would have to say the X3 is a lot smoother though.

Quick Reply: BMW X3 vs RDX