anybody can recommend a good dealer in vancouver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody can recommend a good dealer in vancouver?

I would like to buy a rdx with hightech. Can anyone recommend a good dealer for me ?

Cheers
Lawence
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by laputa
I would like to buy a rdx with hightech. Can anyone recommend a good dealer for me ?

Cheers
Lawence
If you want to go to Coquitlam there is Lougheed Acura, ask for Howard and tell him Terry referred you. Not too sure how much dealing is available now as I got mine back in October. I guess it depends how well they sell for them.

Last time I talked to him about 6 weeks ago he said they were selling more RDX's than MDX's but that may have changed by now.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My experience at Lougheed Acura was far from great. When i was there to look at the RDX 4 weeks ago, there were two salesman on the floor and when I approached both sales persons for assistance, both of them abrupty said "Sorry I am busy right now". Umm... I know you are busy, but shouldn't basic sales etiquette tell you to let your customer know that you will get back to him when you are done with your customer???
But I was determined to get a test-drive, even though I was not going to buy at Lougheed Acura after that bad first impression. Then this cuban salesperson was probably asked by the sales manager to come and attend to me, so when he came by, he simply said "Yes?"... So i told him I would like to get a test-drive of the RDX. His reply was " Driver's licence.". I was like,... shouldn't you even want to introduce me to the car??? But i took the test-drive, liked the RDX, and so i asked him how negotiable is the car... again... these sales people need to learn their sales verbal etiquette... he indicated that we can negotiate, but at the end of the day, if the deal is not satisfactory to the dealer, he would simply show the customer to the door... What on earth??? I have bought many cars over the past 10 years, and never have I had such a bad experience in buying a car...
When I took to Burrard Acura... the experience was totally different... I asked a salesperson over the phone that I liked to see the RDX on a particular day, and he indicated that would be his off day, but if I knew exactly when I would be there , he would come by and show me the vehicle (and all the while he was professionally polite and friendly). So I went there, and the whole sales introduction of the RDX, negotiation and final document signing, happened in about an hour and I was pleased with their sales service no doubt.

Why, Lougheed Acura, are you so arrogant??? i know the RDX sells well, but irregardless of that, I believe as a sales person, one should always maintain the professionalism to provide enthusiastic and friendly service. You never know if a person looking for a car, may possibly buy a couple of cars and make your day a great one as well???
Old 03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mav238
My experience at Lougheed Acura was far from great. When i was there to look at the RDX 4 weeks ago, there were two salesman on the floor and when I approached both sales persons for assistance, both of them abrupty said "Sorry I am busy right now". Umm... I know you are busy, but shouldn't basic sales etiquette tell you to let your customer know that you will get back to him when you are done with your customer???
But I was determined to get a test-drive, even though I was not going to buy at Lougheed Acura after that bad first impression. Then this cuban salesperson was probably asked by the sales manager to come and attend to me, so when he came by, he simply said "Yes?"... So i told him I would like to get a test-drive of the RDX. His reply was " Driver's licence.". I was like,... shouldn't you even want to introduce me to the car??? But i took the test-drive, liked the RDX, and so i asked him how negotiable is the car... again... these sales people need to learn their sales verbal etiquette... he indicated that we can negotiate, but at the end of the day, if the deal is not satisfactory to the dealer, he would simply show the customer to the door... What on earth??? I have bought many cars over the past 10 years, and never have I had such a bad experience in buying a car...
When I took to Burrard Acura... the experience was totally different... I asked a salesperson over the phone that I liked to see the RDX on a particular day, and he indicated that would be his off day, but if I knew exactly when I would be there , he would come by and show me the vehicle (and all the while he was professionally polite and friendly). So I went there, and the whole sales introduction of the RDX, negotiation and final document signing, happened in about an hour and I was pleased with their sales service no doubt.

Why, Lougheed Acura, are you so arrogant??? i know the RDX sells well, but irregardless of that, I believe as a sales person, one should always maintain the professionalism to provide enthusiastic and friendly service. You never know if a person looking for a car, may possibly buy a couple of cars and make your day a great one as well???
Well maybe you should provide the name of your salesman at Burrard Acura so that he can get that same great service you received instead of your rant regarding Lougheed Acura.

I too might be peeved if I perceived the attitude to be as you received from them but he asked for some places to go so I suggested Lougheed Acura where I have been dealing for many years.

I too could have given him stories on what I have heard at Richmond Acura and Burrard Acura over the years but not too sure how that would help him today. He, you or I could go to any of these places today and find an entirely different result from what you or I have received.

We all form our own attitudes and relationships and while mine has been fantastic over the years with Lougheed Acura it is obvious yours wasn't.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by terdonal
Well maybe you should provide the name of your salesman at Burrard Acura so that he can get that same great service you received instead of your rant regarding Lougheed Acura.

I too might be peeved if I perceived the attitude to be as you received from them but he asked for some places to go so I suggested Lougheed Acura where I have been dealing for many years.

I too could have given him stories on what I have heard at Richmond Acura and Burrard Acura over the years but not too sure how that would help him today. He, you or I could go to any of these places today and find an entirely different result from what you or I have received.

We all form our own attitudes and relationships and while mine has been fantastic over the years with Lougheed Acura it is obvious yours wasn't.

My apologies if I seemed like I was ranting... but the situation with Lougheed Acura was not the one time incident. Went there a couple of times in the past 6 years (nearest dealer to look at vehicles), and sometimes with friends as well, and somehow the sales people never seemed to disappoint with their level of "great" service.

My salesperson at Burrard Acura is Ricardo Lau. Please understand that when I said that I was happy with the service there, it is not just the price I got for the car and trade-in. The RDX is a hot seller, and I understod that it was not going to be easy to get much of a discount with the price. But it was the attention to sales service I got from them that was not provided from Lougheed Acura.

I am sure you found a great salesperson at Lougheed Acura, but the one salesperson, a Yuri, was the epitomy of sales arogance.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

My apologies if I seemed like I was ranting... but the situation with Lougheed Acura was not the one time incident. Went there a couple of times in the past 6 years (nearest dealer to look at vehicles), and sometimes with friends as well, and somehow the sales people never seemed to disappoint with their level of "great" service.

My salesperson at Burrard Acura is Ricardo Lau. Please understand that when I said that I was happy with the service there, it is not just the price I got for the car and trade-in. The RDX is a hot seller, and I understod that it was not going to be easy to get much of a discount with the price. But it was the attention to sales service I got from them that was not provided from Lougheed Acura.

I am sure you found a great salesperson at Lougheed Acura, but the one salesperson, a Yuri, was the epitomy of sales arogance.

Actually I deal with the owner, Howard, and have from my first Acura 15 or more years ago. Can't even remember.

I am not doubting your experience as it can happen anywhere any time. It is good that you have provided your salesmans name, hopefully that will serve him well.

I am passing on your experiences to them and hopefully they will remind their sales people that everyone should be dealt with in a professional manner and as a potential customer now and for the future.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Instructor

wow, the exact same 2 people i have dealt with...quickly tell you my story...

i originally saw the rdx just stopping by burrard acura killing time and really liked the car...i was introduced to it by ricardo but didn't have time to test drive it (he offered to let me test drive it right away though)...i found him to be great...very good service, didn't hype up the car too much, and did tell me some of the flaws it had...he asked if i was shopping it with other similar vehicles...i told him i was also considering the cx-7...first thing he says, it's not fair to compare the two, it would be unfair to mazda...i thought that was a nice answer rather than tell me why acura was better....

i recently test drove the car with yuri at lougheed acura...although i thought he did an "okay" job...not great though...i did find him to be very arrogant at how great the rdx was and that they were flying off the shelves so he can't bargain...also, if he was already dealing with us, he left us for long periods of time to do other things....just wish he would have stayed with us to answer all of our questions, rather than make us feel we were just "another" customer rather than "his" customer...does that make sense?!? also, he didn't take any time during the road test to show me the cool features with the tech package...thought he could have done a better job with that!

anyway, just wondering were you able to get a little bit off msrp with ricardo? i am thinking of going back to burrard acura when i pull the trigger.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Would you mind to share your price with me? if you can not post on the bbs, would you mind to drop me an email? vancouverguys@gmail.com THx you so much for your help..
Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by number84
wow, the exact same 2 people i have dealt with...quickly tell you my story...

i originally saw the rdx just stopping by burrard acura killing time and really liked the car...i was introduced to it by ricardo but didn't have time to test drive it (he offered to let me test drive it right away though)...i found him to be great...very good service, didn't hype up the car too much, and did tell me some of the flaws it had...he asked if i was shopping it with other similar vehicles...i told him i was also considering the cx-7...first thing he says, it's not fair to compare the two, it would be unfair to mazda...i thought that was a nice answer rather than tell me why acura was better....

i recently test drove the car with yuri at lougheed acura...although i thought he did an "okay" job...not great though...i did find him to be very arrogant at how great the rdx was and that they were flying off the shelves so he can't bargain...also, if he was already dealing with us, he left us for long periods of time to do other things....just wish he would have stayed with us to answer all of our questions, rather than make us feel we were just "another" customer rather than "his" customer...does that make sense?!? also, he didn't take any time during the road test to show me the cool features with the tech package...thought he could have done a better job with that!

anyway, just wondering were you able to get a little bit off msrp with ricardo? i am thinking of going back to burrard acura when i pull the trigger.
Well, first of all, I managed to get CAD2,000 more for my SAAB trade-in, than what the Toyota Black book website indicated (which is what their dealer used to determine trade-in values).
But being a professional in the medical field, they have this special discount off the MSRP, not much. They apparently have some business connections with the Associations for Medical (including dental) professionals (like doctors, dentists, pharmacists). Otherwise, it is pretty much MSRP, because of the demand for the vehicle.

So my best guess is, that you negotiate with your trade-in, if you have one. Know your black book value well (check the Toyota Canada website) before you go and negotiate.

When I went in to order the RDX, I knew going in, that trying to negotiate the MSRP is going to be iffy. Remember, the RAV4 MSRP is non-negotiable, absolutely.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Well, first of all, I managed to get CAD2,000 more for my SAAB trade-in, than what the Toyota Black book website indicated (which is what their dealer used to determine trade-in values).
But being a professional in the medical field, they have this special discount off the MSRP, not much. They apparently have some business connections with the Associations for Medical (including dental) professionals (like doctors, dentists, pharmacists). Otherwise, it is pretty much MSRP, because of the demand for the vehicle.

So my best guess is, that you negotiate with your trade-in, if you have one. Know your black book value well (check the Toyota Canada website) before you go and negotiate.

When I went in to order the RDX, I knew going in, that trying to negotiate the MSRP is going to be iffy. Remember, the RAV4 MSRP is non-negotiable, absolutely.
thanks for the info...trading in an audi a4 with very low kms so hopefully will get better than the black book value...
Old 03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

From a happy customer to you!!

I am sorry to hear what you went through, but I have the exact opposite experience with Yuri.

We were there on a Saturday afternoon; although it was very busy nobody treated us as badly as you said. This "cuban saleperson" as you call him (which in my own opinion sounds a bit racist) was firm but very polite. He took his time to explain everything we needed to know and gave us time to look around and decide if we wanted to go to the office and negotiate.

Not only did we get good money for our old Explorer but also a discount on the accesories we bought. He actually suggested us to buy something we did't think it was useful. And yes, we did get a good deal!!!!

Maybe you should look at yourself, because the way you post here sounds that you are very arrogant too.

We keep in touch with him because when we go for our for the installation and first service he is there looking after us. I will let him know how you feel; I am sure Yuri will learn something from this comments of yours.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deeogee
I am sorry to hear what you went through, but I have the exact opposite experience with Yuri.

We were there on a Saturday afternoon; although it was very busy nobody treated us as badly as you said. This "cuban saleperson" as you call him (which in my own opinion sounds a bit racist) was firm but very polite. He took his time to explain everything we needed to know and gave us time to look around and decide if we wanted to go to the office and negotiate.

Not only did we get good money for our old Explorer but also a discount on the accesories we bought. He actually suggested us to buy something we did't think it was useful. And yes, we did get a good deal!!!!

Maybe you should look at yourself, because the way you post here sounds that you are very arrogant too.

We keep in touch with him because when we go for our for the installation and first service he is there looking after us. I will let him know how you feel; I am sure Yuri will learn something from this comments of yours.

Thanks
Well, I am glad you had a good experience with Yuri.

But I was just another customer looking to potentially buy a vehicle from their dealership, and I don't need to appear to be arrogant to buy a car.

As you can see from a previous poster, his/her experience with Yuri was similar.

My post may have sounded arrogant, but it is really more of the disappointment with the kind of sales service provided. There was one really good friendly professional sales person there, Ricky, but unfortunately he is no longer there.

I was not exaggerating when I described Yuri's approach to my wanting to learn more about the car and asking for a test-drive. I was not even asking for a deal or anything... simply wanted to have a good look at the RDX...Shouldn't a salesperson work with enthusiasm and professional politeness to try to encourage a potential buyer to make that all important purchase? Yes, the RDX is a hot item... but a customer can always bring the business to another dealer, and yes he can sell the vehicle to potentially another customer that might come in later, but he could have sold two instead of just one, if his approach was one of professional salesmanship. You never know.....

You know, in the sales business, the first impression you give to a customer, is really important...