Am I glad to have my RDX back! =)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I glad to have my RDX back! =)

Hey guys,

Last Thursday (Sept 30th) I went and trade in my 08 RDX for a 2011 Chevy Traverse 2LT room space for the kids (2<2yrs) The dealer let me takes the Traverse home on that same day without checking to see if I'm approve through their bank. I left my RDX there =( As my wife/kids and I were driving back home with the new car, I just have this sad feeling inside of me....it's like I'm not really happy with the new car, but I was like hmm it might just take time for me to get use to it. As time goes by it's not, I was praying that I would not get approve so I could get my RDX back, well God certainly heard my pray. Got a call from the dealer saying I did not get approve for the 2LT but I can still get basic trim. In a heart beat I drove to the dealer (2 hrs away) and take my RDX back. This may sound unmanly but I was about 2 cry when I saw my RDX drove to the parking lot after two day. I say NO to all offers and drove my RDX back with joy and happiness!!!

Oh and the 2011 chevy traverse arent new anymore LOL, I put on 350 miles on it.

Last edited by huemoua; 10-02-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by huemoua
Hey guys,

Last Thursday (Sept 30th) I went and trade in my 08 RDX for a 2011 Chevy Traverse 2LT room space for the kids (2<2yrs) The dealer let me takes the Traverse home on that same day without checking to see if I'm approve through their bank. I left my RDX there =( As my wife/kids and I were driving back home with the new car, I just have this sad feeling inside of me....it's like I'm not really happy with the new car, but I was like hmm it might just take time for me to get use to it. As time goes by it's not, I was praying that I would not get approve so I could get my RDX back, well God certainly heard my pray. Got a call from the dealer saying I did not get approve for the 2LT but I can still get basic trim. In a heart beat I drove to the dealer (2 hrs away) and take my RDX back. This may sound unmanly but I was about 2 cry when I saw my RDX drove to the parking lot after two day. I say NO to all offers and drove my RDX back with joy and happiness!!!

Oh and the 2011 chevy traverse arent new anymore LOL, I put on 350 miles on it.
Hey, there is a good side to having poor credit (assuming that was the reason)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
so you probably knew your credit was not that good but you decided to go for it anyway- Now you seem to be bragging about it-You have alot to learn. In life-having excellent credit is needed.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
so you probably knew your credit was not that good but you decided to go for it anyway- Now you seem to be bragging about it-You have alot to learn. In life-having excellent credit is needed.

Yeah I knew my cs was high 600. I told the salesman to check my credit before starting anything when I first got there, but assume I'm gtg since I'm in the military. He told me when I went to pick up my RDX, this is the first time they had a buyer return their car after drove off the lot. What a lesson he learned LOL.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by huemoua
Yeah I knew my cs was high 600. I told the salesman to check my credit before starting anything when I first got there, but assume I'm gtg since I'm in the military. He told me when I went to pick up my RDX, this is the first time they had a buyer return their car after drove off the lot. What a lesson he learned LOL.
The irony of that statement is that YOU should have been the one that learned a lesson.
And one more thing, you didn't return the car, the [finance] company didn't allow you to buy it.
I am not trying to be an a-hole because I don't know your situation, but you should really learn something from this and get your sh1t together.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
10th Gear

quite a few members high on their horses in this thread. gratz op, i am glad you got your RDX back.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I still feel sad about leaving my TSX at the dealer when I picked up my RDX. It's not that I don't like the RDX, but I had a strong connection with my old car and really wish I could have both. Just didn't make sense, though. I'm trying not to look at the pictures of it on the dealer's web site. They even call it "beautiful" (LOL, I babied it) and go on about its RonJon wheels, even showing the brochure I gave them. Makes me feel awful when I think about it.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I still feel sad about leaving my TSX at the dealer when I picked up my RDX. It's not that I don't like the RDX, but I had a strong connection with my old car and really wish I could have both. Just didn't make sense, though. I'm trying not to look at the pictures of it on the dealer's web site. They even call it "beautiful" (LOL, I babied it) and go on about its RonJon wheels, even showing the brochure I gave them. Makes me feel awful when I think about it.
DAMN!!!. LuvMyTSX, I just found out you are no longer a TSX owner. Sorry to hear about that. I also have grown very fond of my car. It is indeed a strong connection.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
The irony of that statement is that YOU should have been the one that learned a lesson.
And one more thing, you didn't return the car, the [finance] company didn't allow you to buy it.
I am not trying to be an a-hole because I don't know your situation, but you should really learn something from this and get your sh1t together.

I did learn a lesson (not to buy chevy ever again LOL, jk i did learned) but all I'm saying is that the salesman likely learned too.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
this thread is retarded
Old 10-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Intermediate

ahhh yes a true (tech) love story.
with a happy ending
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts