Accessories -

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mommy_barbie
Hmmm...I'm not getting very far. We're installing a few things, and then we're going to take a look and see how things shape up.

Right now, the dealer's putting on:

- cargo tray
- all weather mats
- rear bumper applique
- front spoiler

I'm also going to get the leather shift knob installed - I'd rather be hanging onto leather than onto rubber or plastic ; ) Thanks for all the input on this little add-on.

I'm still stuck on the MAJOR items though and should decide fairly soon

- those darn side mouldings
- running boards (these would definately be for looks only)
- rear diffuser
- roof rack

I recently read on another post that the rack might slow things down, but I'm thinking we'll eventually need one for travel, Xmas trees, etc. If I don't get one know, I might just end up getting one before summer hits.

Looks like we might have blown it with the cargo tray - sounds like the cargo liner is more practical - at least a lot of people on the board are really pleased with it. However, the dealer tried to tell us most people opt for the tray (sounds like they're wrong).

As noted before, I'm not into SUV's etc., so I REALLY just want to make this think look smaller, faster, and lower to the ground. Is there anything on the list that is going to do the opposite?? What items are needed to accomplish this??

And, is it true that if we're getting the roof rack down the road, that we should avoid all the other trimmings as well??

Glad you decided to get the leather knob installed - you'll be really happy with it. I had decided to get it without much thought but am very glad I did.
As for the running boards, they were initially on my must have list. After testdriving an rdx with them though I decided against it b/c the looks didn't outweigh having to overstep them to get out or risk getting roadcrap all over my leg.
The side moldings were the source of my major waffling. In the end I got them and do not find the look offensive. Plus, they help me feel less vulnerable when unable to find an ideal parking spot in the very crowded hospital employee lot!
Good luck with whatever you decide! You're gonna love your silver/ebony - I know I do!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
really? why do they advertise it that way then? oh well. did you repaint it?
no idea... nah i didnt repaint it... i was gunna go back to curry to see what they can do... cuz its only 30 min from me... but i was too busy and lazy.. but now it seems to have faded in a little and looks much better then before
Old 01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the nylon folding organizer thing that connects to the tie down rings in the back. Anything I put on the leather seats flys around when I corner. The organizer keeps everything in place, and folds flat when I need to put suitcases in the trunk.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the emails guys -

ChillinTSX - I sent the dealer a pic of your mud flaps back when I thought they could do it (and of course they can't) - but they were totally drooling

Creative Guy - Your the first to say you've gotten the net. I may look at this down the road for groceries, backpacks and the like - it sounds useful!!

In contrast, I was having major reservations about the diffuser - I told Acura NOT to install it, and that I wanted to see the vehicle without them. The service guys ignored the order and went ahead and installed the diffuser anyways - BY MISTAKE. Now it's bolted on there - for an extra $583 CDN!!! I'm pretty burned about it. What do you guys make of that!!

Ugh!! Another twist in the RDX purchase.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Cruisin'

***snip***

In contrast, I was having major reservations about the diffuser - I told Acura NOT to install it, and that I wanted to see the vehicle without them. The service guys ignored the order and went ahead and installed the diffuser anyways - BY MISTAKE. Now it's bolted on there - for an extra $583 CDN!!! I'm pretty burned about it. What do you guys make of that!!

If it's not on the service order, don't let them charge you for it. They're going to hem and haw about it but in the end, they'll need to take it off or get you another vehicle.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Advanced

I hope you're right - so far they're talking about maybe paying only half!! They're going to call and let me know...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Acura RDX Rear Diffuser (Gunmental Black)
Code:08F03-STK-200
Price: $278.60
Quantity in Basket: none

$278.60 American for the part. Tell them you will pay for half of that.
2 screws, 6 self tapping screws. Maybe one hour tops to install. Pay one half of the install labor cost of one hour.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the emails guys -

ChillinTSX - I sent the dealer a pic of your mud flaps back when I thought they could do it (and of course they can't) - but they were totally drooling

Creative Guy - Your the first to say you've gotten the net. I may look at this down the road for groceries, backpacks and the like - it sounds useful!!

No I didn't get the net. It's a nylon box with 3 compartments. I've never liked cargo nets. But this organizer is great. My wife has had one in her CR-V for 2 years and it keeps the groceries from flying around.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
$278.60 American for the part. Tell them you will pay for half of that.
2 screws, 6 self tapping screws. Maybe one hour tops to install. Pay one half of the install labor cost of one hour.
You have to remove the entire rear bumper cover though so maybe more than an hour.

I'd press them to give it to you for free since you told them you didn't want it and they made the mistake of installing it. It can't be uninstalled, at least not without having a bunch of hole in the your rear bumper cover. If they really wanted to be jerks about it though, they could say that you'd have to wait for the next RDX in that color combo to come in, but I doubt they would do that. At most I'd give them $200 canadian, or have them throw in some other options you want.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Advanced

Thanks guys - you are awesome. Also, I checked out that $268 parts price - in Canadian $$, it's about $500 (if I managed that calculation correctly). Anyways, sounds about right, and if it is, they've only charged about $60 for labour.

Wish me luck with this -

Man, when can I actually try this thing out on the road???
Old 01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Got Boost?Rdx/Base/CGP

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
oh thank god man... grey is okay... but damn in EVERY single one of you pics, it looks bronze... u need a car wash haha
lol i kno i finally got a car wash..now it looks like CGP..but i cant find my cam to show you the pics..
nwayz peace
rdxo
Old 01-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Advanced

Okay - looks like we're going to have that rear diffuser now...

Also, I think we'll need the rack, but I may purchase it after my 1st road trip!!

Would the running boards help me to reach the rack/box, if I get them?

If I have side mldgs & a diffuser, will it look better with or W/O the run. boards?

Hubby is still hooked on side mouldings - sounds like you guys think they serve a purpose, but do you all think that they actually make the vehicle look better??

What happens if you get it all (boards, mouldings, front trim & diffuser) - is it all going to be way-yyy too much??

Remember - trying to go for that lower to the ground, faster, edgier look!!

Thanks guys, and thanks again for your help on that diffuser issue. It all worked out okay in the end. Just have to finalize the remaining (sticking items) - stupid side mouldings and running boards. Sorry I'm so stuck on these two!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Would the running boards help me to reach the rack/box, if I get them?
I think to better reach the roof rack, you'd open the door and step inside the vehicle to reach up high before you'd step up on the running boards.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Instructor

if i get an rdx with the roof rack on it, can i remove it? or will i have to replace the roof molding?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
WOW, this is a heck of a come back thread. To answer your question, yes, you need new moldings if you want to remove the rack as they are chopped for the installation of the rack.