2008 RDX Transmission hard shift

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 RDX Transmission hard shift

Hi Everyone,

hope we can get some help here

my wife’s 2008 RDX is acting up once again. Over the last 3 years, her AWD light has been on and kicks in her turbo and over the last 3 or so months her transmission has had these symptoms below

1-2 year startup hard shift sometimes and doesn’t go into second gear till mid 3000rpm most times. During driving it happens sometimes and sometimes not but the first to second seems to be a bit worse now

80-90km an hour - the check transmission light comes on and the D starts flashing

all fluids are good. I check all the time.

I’ve seen a few answers but I wanted to ask here to see if anyone has had these problems? I just don’t want any further problems and don’t wanna get taken for a ride at the mechanics

thanks

Last edited by Daniel Fisher; Yesterday at 07:50 PM.
Old Today, 08:43 AM
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts
You mention “all fluids are good. I check all the time” but I suspect you are referring to level, not the condition of the fluid. Has it ever been changed? What is the mileage on the vehicle, which I note is a 2008?

Another concern I would have is your statement
Over the last 3 years, her AWD light has been on and kicks in her turbo”. The turbo kicks in due to engine load. One thing that increases engine load could be some form of transmission failure.

Last edited by John from PA; Today at 08:47 AM.
Old Today, 10:46 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda vehicles need fresh HONDA fluid. They require them more often than any other car I have own. You can go to Acura for a Transmission flush, where they will change out all the fluid. Or you can do it yourself. The drain pan has a little plug you can unscrew to drain out the fluid. It only drains out a portion of it though, so you have to drain the pan, fill with new fluid, drive around, then drain the pan, fill with new fluid.

They recommend you do that 3 times.

This may cure your problem and it isn't too expensive. Probably the same amount it would cost to take it into the dealer for an evaluation.

It is important you get the Honda fluid