2007 Acura RDX (Navi) Myseterious Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Acura RDX (Navi) Myseterious Battery Drain

I bought a 2007 Acura RDX that included the navigation package earlier this year. A couple weekends ago I finally took a day off and didn't drive anywhere for 24 hours. When I came back to my car the battery was dead. I tried to jump it with my neighbors car with no luck and a weird occurrence. After failing to get it started with the key, I removed the key from the ignition and the car continued to try to start itself. After getting roadside assistance to jump it successfully, I brought it to an auto store as a reflex to buy a new battery since mine had died overnight. When they tested my battery and alternator however, everything was fine. I mentioned the weird occurrence and we did a bit of research together where we came up with the possibility that a remote start harness had been installed despite not seeming to have this function (I press the lock button on my key fob a lot already due to it having a finicky range). I then took my car to my mechanic who tested out all other systems and determined everything is operating as it should and a remote start harness would be out of their wheelhouse of expertise. I'm left assuming it is the remote start harness and lost on how to fix it. Do I need to track down a standard harness? Is it possible to simply fix this harness so it doesn't drain my battery every 12 hours or so? Do I need to replace it with another remote start harness? I currently live in anticipation of my car not starting and the not-so-proud new owner of a portable jump starter so I can start myself anywhere it decides to run itself out of energy while parked and off.
Old Today, 01:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-...issues-976172/