Transmission fix !

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Transmission fix !

Ok..... Not a real fix, but I noticed that it DOES work (for me at least), and it's free / cheap.

My story: My original tranny (yea, been there, done that) started giving me shit (dry humping in second and third -around 35-45 mph). That was when it had about 55,000 miles on it. It did it randomly, but in general, it did it often. I had the tranny fluid changed out every 20,000 miles or so, because of this freaky shifting. Two times I changed/flushed that shit (at $100 a pop). Thought it would prolong the life of the tranny. Wrong -unless it was supposed to go out at 60,000 mi....

So,,, - no help........Well, around 86,000 mi. it finally took a shit on me. Luckly I had one month on my 7/100,000 warranty.

Well, 2,000 miles after I have the new (or rebuilt....I'll never know) tranny replaced by Acura, IT starts the same shit. Bucking and slightly shifting (or wanting to) in the middle gears, at medium speeds - mostly while driving lightly.

Then, on my way home from work, it was typ. bucking. I pulled over to get a bottle at ABC (Hey, it was Fri after work, after all). Once I started back up on the road, the bucking was gone. So, every time I noticed the bucking - or fucked up tranny shifts - whatever you want to call it, I would pull over and put my car in park, shut off the motor, then re- start it, then head on my way. As big of a pain in the ass this seemed, it was better than that F'd up shifting. I wanted to blow that tranny up while it was acting up! It pissed me off SOOooo bad!

Then I noticed that it only acted up when I would leave work, and pull straight out of a parking spot. What I mean is.......If I BACKED out of a parking spot, put the car in drive, wait a sec or two, then put it in forward, it wouldn't act weird on the way home. If I backed in a parking spot in the AM, and pulled straight out in the afternoon, it would always act up. Go figure.

I've tested this theory for three months. I didn't want to post this untill I felt I wasn't imagining things. It works! ( at least for me).

Hopefully it works for someone else too (unless your tranny is FUBR). Let me know if this helps anyone at all. Now, when I back out of a parking spot after work and put my car in DR, I swear I can feel some pressure fill (or build) in the transmission area. Maybe I'm feeling shit, and maybe I'm crazy but this has worked for me for three months. I know it's kind of a pain in the ass, but if works for one other person, I'll be happy (like I am with it working for mine).

Sorry for the long post. Hope it's easy to understand....

K
Old 04-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
did you search it? you probably get more answers faster that way.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Pro

No..........

I'm NOT posting a question. I'm NOT looking for answers.

Just helping out, by posting what worked for me.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i do notice that sometimes...our cars are kinda slow to get into gear and sometimes we throw it tooo fast making it act up
Old 05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asianspec
did you search it? you probably get more answers faster that way.
shutup noob.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
shutup noob.
Thank you.
At times..........Exactly why I don't like to post here.

Try reading first.
I guess some would rather throw the "search as$hole" card and try to look like they know it all. F'n J.O.

W