radiator pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radiator pressure

a couple days ago i was driving on highway and my radiator cap came off spewing fluid causing car to overheat , thinking ok maybe it wasnt tightened al the way because the night before i added fluid! but now its burning coolant and spewing it out of reserve tank ,my mechanic put the pressure test no leaks but there is too much pressure in radiator he claims its a blown head gasket!!! CRAP HERE WE GO!!! as long coolant is ok i can drive 100 miles no problem but when coolant gets low temp gauge rises on idle and lowerers when driving. is it the thermostat, or blown head??? if its a head i guess im swapping i have too much in car rebuilt tranny etc... h22a recommended and if so do i need a different ecu
Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 AM
user & abuser

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
if its burning antifreeze its a head gasket, if its over heating it could be the water pump or thermostat.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 1999 CL 3.0 and I have changed the radiator and the water pump and it is overheating. The car was not overheating took it to get a new timing belt and they recommended that I change the water pump because it is right there, so I did. Now a week has gone by and my car starts to overheat what could it be, can anyone help me. I am tired on mechanics taking my money.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
user & abuser

Originally Posted by suradelrio
I have a 1999 CL 3.0 and I have changed the radiator and the water pump and it is overheating. The car was not overheating took it to get a new timing belt and they recommended that I change the water pump because it is right there, so I did. Now a week has gone by and my car starts to overheat what could it be, can anyone help me. I am tired on mechanics taking my money.
fak dude i feel your pain. 10 years ago i payed $2000 to get a car fixed and i was still fucked so from that day on i vowed to do as much on my cars as i can myself, ive save thousands since then.

anyway, if the car wasnt overheating and it is after the work than something done in the fix (lol, i use fix loosely). not only from working on cars but for the past 6 years ive been a certified tech. for applyances and hot tubs/pools. when a problem occurs after i touched it, either i fucked up or fixing the one problem created a nother problem and it is easy to figure this out.

in your case, it was good, changing a part that i supposed to make your car cooler made it hotter so id look their, if you kinda had a problem to start the work created a new problem.

im guessing that they might have fucked something up when installing it.leak, silicon got in something, something is too tight/ not tight enough, something could be plugged HELL, make sure they took all the clamps off the hoses or a hose isnt kinked, ive found all kinds of tools left on/in things on my vehicals . or the may have purposly fucked it up to get you back,."oh sure the work we just did is warrantied but the new broke parts we fornd arnt". lol, been there, and in the field i work in i see it every day my friends, most people are dihonest and that is a fact that the sooner people understand that the less they get burned in life.

anyway id start by taking it back to the mechanic and telling him your not happy with the work, your car was fine and now it over heats

well,.... thats a lot of reading and im not sure i helped any, lol, sorry mang.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,408 Likes on 3,020 Posts
Originally Posted by suradelrio
Thermostat is bad
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
user & abuser

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Thermostat is bad
forgot bout that baby. easy to get at, cheap to replace.
you ever test one with boiling water and a digital therm.?
ive never had one go bad so ive never tested one.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
thermostat = agreed.