Possessed Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possessed Alarm

My alarm is possessed. I just goes off. Anytime. 2am, 3am, noon, whenever. I have to lock my doors using the switch on the door. Does anyone know how to disconnect the alarm so i dont have to take it in and spend $100?

has anyone else had this problem?

its the alarm that came with the car.

thanks if you can help.

dan
Old 04-13-2006, 10:25 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
same prob here
shruggs
Old 04-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Burning Brakes

have the same problem here...
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Instructor

same thing here.i dont know why.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Si says "shut the fuk up"

someones trying to break into ur cars lol
Old 04-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
WTF is wrong with everybody's alarm these days?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Intermediate

Do you guys use two alrms at the same time?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
10th Gear

i have 2 alarms on my car. 1 is the acura and then the other one is a Prestiege. When i took it to the dealer, the dude clipped the wire for the prestiege. But when my alarm goes off, the button on the \Prestiege turns it off. the dealer says its the Acura alarm though.

if anyone knows of a wire that goes to the siren that i can cut on the acura alarm, i would love to cut it.

tks
dan
Old 04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
5th Gear

Yes, I have the same problem with my factory alarm going off randomly. It used to happen like once every six months, but just the past couple weeks it has started happening daily (and nightly ) I also have a Viper alarm installed (6+ years), and I thought that was the culprit at first, but I have now realized that its the factory alarm that's wacked. My viper remote will turn off the factory alarm too.

FWIW, I pulled the fuse labeled "Security" and it has no impact on the factory alarm.

I would prefer to just cut the damn siren wire, (too cheap to get it fixed) and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Instructor

how hard is it to replace the siren?can i change it with a diffrent one?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ruin
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Cruisin'

My cousin had the same problem with his alarm when he had a prestige alarm connected. He had to take it back to the dealer and had them disable the factory alarm.
In my acura, when I washed the engine, I must have gotten some water on my alarm, because it started going off in the middle of the night for two nights in a row. I had to disconnect the alarm for a week straight until I was sure the alarm was working again.... Now it works like a champ.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
4th Gear

alarm problem

i got the same problem its even worse my alarm goes off any time it wants and will not turn off until battery die. but no siren just lights flashing. even when i lock or unlock my door with remote no chirps no sound at all. same thing when i hold panic button lights will flash wont turn off until battery dies.had battery tested at dealer and its good horn is good too ,was told there its bad actuator .i disconnect the actuator but the same problem and i dont thing actuator will cause no sound.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Cruisin'

man i have had a problem with this stock alarm for a while now, my problem is a little different, my alarm doesnt even work, it used to work for like 2 days and then it wouldnt work no matter how many times i pressed on the lock on unlock, ( i would love my alarm system to go off like your alarm systems so at least i know its alive loool)
Old 05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

how are you guys dealing with this?, do you lock your doors?

has anyone actually had the problem fixed?
Old 05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Cruisin'

Same Problem...Please help

I just had this start happening to my ALarm too and it woke up the whole neighborhood last night and I got some rude comments too. Anyway if someone knows how to disable this alarm that would be great...I don't want to have to take it to the dealer and get ripped off either.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by eh7879
I just had this start happening to my ALarm too and it woke up the whole neighborhood last night and I got some rude comments too. Anyway if someone knows how to disable this alarm that would be great...I don't want to have to take it to the dealer and get ripped off either.
the security box is under the passenger seat. try disconnecting it out for 5 mins then try it again, make sure your battery is un plugged. mine is doing something totally different! mine is fuckin with my starter so sometimes my car won't start!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ruin
Old 05-15-2006, 03:43 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by asianspec
the security box is under the passenger seat. try disconnecting it out for 5 mins then try it again, make sure your battery is un plugged. mine is doing something totally different! mine is fuckin with my starter so sometimes my car won't start!
i just found that today when vaccuming out my car. im car stupid and learning, so please help with a few ?'s

-How do i dissconnect the battery?
-Do I just pull a wire/cord out of the security box?

thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 AM
4th Gear

when i disconnect box under the seat the car wont start but it disables alarm maybe some wires needs to be pulled out but which ones who knows?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:19 AM
2nd Gear

208,000 miles on my 3.0 cl. Bought it new in '99. And mostly runs great.....Love this car. It's developing electrical problems, the most serious one is that the security system goes off by itself. I'm looking for some information on how the system works. Specifically, the contacts in the driver side door. Can anybody help?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by indodust
i just found that today when vaccuming out my car. im car stupid and learning, so please help with a few ?'s

-How do i dissconnect the battery?
-Do I just pull a wire/cord out of the security box?

thanks
for the battery

sometimes you can jiggle it out ,but i suggest unscrewing it.

when you open the security box on the side of it, you will see the wiring harness, it can easily taken out. on the bottom of it you will feel so latches that are holding it, just press on it and then pull it out. Wait for 5 mins then connect it back again. this will reset it. if this doesn't work then i think you have a bad module. worst comes to worst, go to a place that installs alarms and ask them if they can look at it.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by myca2
when i disconnect box under the seat the car wont start but it disables alarm maybe some wires needs to be pulled out but which ones who knows?
Don't do that, your car will definitely won't start if you do that. My advice to you is to bring it to an alarm install shop or the stealership.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by asianspec
for the battery

sometimes you can jiggle it out ,but i suggest unscrewing it.

when you open the security box on the side of it, you will see the wiring harness, it can easily taken out. on the bottom of it you will feel so latches that are holding it, just press on it and then pull it out. Wait for 5 mins then connect it back again. this will reset it. if this doesn't work then i think you have a bad module. worst comes to worst, go to a place that installs alarms and ask them if they can look at it.
thanks for the pic, will use all this to get it fixed.

mucho appreciated
Old 06-18-2006, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

Possessed Alarm - Wheres a Shotgun

Well... I guess you can probably tell by my titled I am somewhat frustrated.
Moral of the story - don't ever go without your remote or lose your remote.

First off, I have a 1997 Acura CL 3.0 - 165K miles

I set my car alarm off by accident today being a clutz. Usually this doesn not happen. But being summer time and having the windows down I closed the driver door and locked the door like I always do when I am at work... although today I was at home in my driveway. I then walked around to the passenger side and realized I needed something out of the passenger seat I just bought so I reached in and got it by unlocking the door from the inside and opening the door. BAD BAD move as the alarm went off. The only way I could shut it up was pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable.

I have tried everything on this post and nothing has worked. I disconnected the battery cable, took out the front seat on the passenger side removed the connectors from the computer under the passenger seat (now removed) and then waited for not 5 minutes but an hour. I then plugged it back in (the computer), then hooked up the negative cable and off the DAMN alarm goes off again!!!!

Can someone PLEASE HELP. Someone has got to know how to shut this dang car up without having the remote. Surely someone else has to be in my shoes. Not only is it annoying but the starter is disconnected and I cant go anywhere untill I can reset the alarm.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated.
I dont think I have ever been as frustrated with a car as I am with this Acura right now.. well I take that back. I did have the ignition cause my car too stall out at two different times about 4 years apart from each other. There was an ignition recall - which Nalley Acura - Atlanta made me pay for.

JMK
Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kmj1216

I set my car alarm off by accident today being a clutz. Usually this doesn not happen. But being summer time and having the windows down I closed the driver door and locked the door like I always do when I am at work... although today I was at home in my driveway. I then walked around to the passenger side and realized I needed something out of the passenger seat I just bought so I reached in and got it by unlocking the door from the inside and opening the door. BAD BAD move as the alarm went off. The only way I could shut it up was pop the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable.

I have tried everything on this post and nothing has worked. I disconnected the battery cable, took out the front seat on the passenger side removed the connectors from the computer under the passenger seat (now removed) and then waited for not 5 minutes but an hour. I then plugged it back in (the computer), then hooked up the negative cable and off the DAMN alarm goes off again!!!!

Can someone PLEASE HELP. Someone has got to know how to shut this dang car up without having the remote. Surely someone else has to be in my shoes. Not only is it annoying but the starter is disconnected and I cant go anywhere untill I can reset the alarm.

I dont think I have ever been as frustrated with a car as I am with this Acura right now.. well I take that back. I did have the ignition cause my car too stall out at two different times about 4 years apart from each other. There was an ignition recall - which Nalley Acura - Atlanta made me pay for.

JMK
you should put this then because recalls you are not suppose to pay for anything. thats why its called a recall. but what i would do if i were you i would go on e-bay and try to find a remote for you car. if it doesn't work then go to any alarm shop and see if they can check it out. worst come to worst go to another acura dealership. hope you fix this.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kmj1216

JMK
Try connecting the battery, (Even while the alarm is going of) then use the key to lock the car from the outside, and then try to unlock it again. I think that has worked for me before. If it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Make sure though when you connect the battery, all of the doors are closed. Let me know if it works.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Cruisin'

im having a problem where the alarm system doesnt even work, the romote works(i think) becuase the red light lids but doesnt activate the alarm. i disconnected the alarm system under the passanger seat, then disconnected the battery, hooked it back up but no response, does any body have any other suggestions?
Old 07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

What does the owner's manual say about how to put alarm on silent?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear

Alarm Problem Solved

SYMPTOM:

Alarm sound intermittently without apparnet reason. The problem progress to intermittemnt engine failure.

These symptoms are caused by faulty ignition switch and interlock components.
There is a recall on both components and Acura will replace them at no charge. If you have tampered with or modified these components (such as installing an aftermarket alarm) they may void the recall for your vehicle. For complete information, see Acura's web site. They'll fix you up.

I have a 3.0Cl with 209000 miles, and they fixed it FREE OF CHARGE !!!!.. That's the first time in my life (54years) that the dealer's repair shop didn't even try rip me off !!! Acura is definitely the real deal....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Intermediate

I can't find anything about recalls on acura's site. What years were recalled?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Cruisin'

had same problem

Went to the dealership and they just disconnected the alarm for $40. My car is older now and I'm in a pretty safe area so it was just easier and cheaper to get the alarm turned off. I loss the ability for keyless entry but my keyless entry had been broken for a couple years anyway.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by skeeeeet
I can't find anything about recalls on acura's site. What years were recalled?
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login....d%5Fhome%2Easp
Old 08-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Senior Moderator

search on edumonds.com
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Hi everyone!
I just joined this site, and I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one with alarm and tranny problems with my girl...
Last week I moved into a new apartment and my alarm started going off for no reason at all. I am the furthest apartment from the parking lot, so I couldn't hear it... I knew it was doing it because some chic left a note on my car saying she was going to break my windows!
Anyway, I called Acura and they said it would be over $100 just to LOOK at it... I don't know about you all, but I'm not made of money.. So I took the plastic in the wheel well off from the left front tire and clipped the wires to the alarm horn. That fixed the noise problem, but my lights still flash on and off. I was nervous about my battery draining with the lights flashing on and off, but I haven't had any problems.
Meg