Please Help with How to Start 99 3.0 CL After Immobilizer is Activated

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help with How to Start 99 3.0 CL After Immobilizer is Activated

Hello all,

I'm a new 3.0 CL owner but I can't drive my car off the auction lot. I paid a deposit the auction day, purchased insurance the next day, and returned to retrieve my car the following day. Not only wouldn't my car start, but they had damaged it while moving it on the lot. (This all just happened.)

My primary question is: How can I start a 1999 3.0 CL after the immobilizer is activated? I tried reading the manual and searching this and other sites for advice but didn't find any clear cut solutions. After my bid, one of the workers told me to take my key and lock the vehicle, which I did. When I returned to complete the purchase, I tried to start the car but it wouldn't turn over. The radio still functioned but the green key light kept lighting up on the instrument panel. They tried to jump the battery and tap the starter but I really don't think there's a problem with either since the car rode perfectly fine auction day. They told me that they towed the vehicle on the front two tires to move it. My suspicion is that either towing without the key somehow affects the car or they did something to tamper with it. Since it was the close of business, they asked me to leave the key with them so that a mechanic could look at it the following day. I declined since no telling what might happen if I leave the key with them.

My secondary question is: What are my rights in terms of getting the bumper damage fixed at their expense since it wasn't damaged when I left it? Of course, this PA business' sales paperwork says something about "not accepting liability." I'm unsure, but I think it only applies if they aren't liable.

Thanks for your advice.

Rhea
Old 07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
=D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the immobilizer thingy mijigger! lol. Take it to Acura Dealership and they have to reprogram it. Its going to cost like 20-30 bucks aint that bad. Thats all i know because i work at my homeboys shop and theres few cars been like that. You can try and step on the gas and turn the wheel because that works sometime.