driver side fan is not on? at all

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driver side fan is not on? at all

the passenger side stays on (one close to battery). but the other fan does not seem to go on at all.

yesterday the car overheated and come to find out my check engine light comes on i pull over and the oil indicator starts to flash.

Smoke coming out the radiator and also next to the exh manifold. I FUCKED HER UP MAN. I think the engine is gone. Any ways happened to me last night at 12 30 let the car cool down for about 45 minutes and added oil and antifreeze. I turned the car on it was still smoking but not as much as before. I know it has to do with my driver side fan not cooling the car down. It is hot as hell down here. But the check engine light did not come on for some reason.I got home the car shifts fine no significant change that i can see or feel. I am going to have to have it towed. I do not want to risk it.

lol...i should post this.

ANy ideas?

I had the radiator replaced about 2 months ago. I know how can i not check the oil. Im stupid i babied this car and recently i haven't. So shame on me

this is my letter to a member

hellllppppp
Old 07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WineRed2.2CL
the passenger side stays on (one close to battery). but the other fan does not seem to go on at all.

yesterday the car overheated and come to find out my check engine light comes on i pull over and the oil indicator starts to flash.

Smoke coming out the radiator and also next to the exh manifold. I FUCKED HER UP MAN. I think the engine is gone. Any ways happened to me last night at 12 30 let the car cool down for about 45 minutes and added oil and antifreeze. I turned the car on it was still smoking but not as much as before. I know it has to do with my driver side fan not cooling the car down. It is hot as hell down here. But the check engine light did not come on for some reason.I got home the car shifts fine no significant change that i can see or feel. I am going to have to have it towed. I do not want to risk it.

lol...i should post this.

ANy ideas?

I had the radiator replaced about 2 months ago. I know how can i not check the oil. Im stupid i babied this car and recently i haven't. So shame on me

this is my letter to a member

hellllppppp
The driverside fan is the A/C fan. The fan closest to the battery is the main cooling fan. Sounds like your thermostat got stuck shut on you. In all likelihood, there is damage to your engine. Check the oil and see what color it is. If it looks like chocolate milk then there probably is damage to you engine. If the exhaust is putting out white smoke then that would be another indication that the engine has damage. You can pressurize the cooling system to verify and well as a compression test on the engine.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

Dude i do not want to drive it.

I am getting aaa to tow it to my mechanic. There is no oil or fluid in the Spark plugs also the car starts fine.

I think my Timing belt and water pump are on the way out so im going to change that as well with the A/C cooling fan.

How can one tell if there is a bad head gasket? The only noise i am hearing from all of this is noise from the timing belt area.

just need to vent. anyone with similar experience help me out.

Last edited by WineRed2.2CL; 07-28-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Before having any work done, I would have the car checked out first. That would be the less expensive route. Wait until you sort out the overheating issue then think about the timing belt and the water pump.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

im due for a timing belt service anyways. i got 187,000 plus the timing belt cover has a hole in it gotta replace it. Checked under the car.

It tends to flood and do not want to risk it.