Clutch won't disengage...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch won't disengage...

I don't know if CL's have a hydraulic or cable clutch or what, but when I put my foot on the clutch it doesn't disengage the clutch.

Happened over about 2 weeks and now it is undriveable. Wondering what is most likely wrong and generally what it will cost to fix.

thanks,

plaisted

(I have a 97 2.2cl)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Cruisin'

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170127

Found this thread after searching the other forums.

Sounds like the same problem as me. My pedal feels like it has no pressure and sometimes won't come back up unless I tap it a little.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Safety Car

get a new slave cylinder. a new one is only like 30$ a rebuild kit is only 11$ good luck pimp
Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Instructor

If getting a new slave cylinder doesn't work, look underneath the dash on the clutch pedal. What is happening is this; when you depress the clutch pedal, there is a linkage that is attached from the clutch pedal to the clutch master cylinder. When that linkage is pushed into the clutch master cylinder, that pushes hydraulic fluid thru the tube into the slave cylinder which pushes another linkage arm to the clutch arm and then releases the throwout bearing. With that being said, the linkage that attaches to the clutch pedal is usually two pieces. Usually there are crimps on the body of the linkage that keeps that linkage at the preset factory length. If that is the case, remove the linkage, and place it into a vice and cut out the crimps with a grinder or sawzall. JUST CUT THE CRIMPS ON THE LINKAGE BODY and DON"T CUT THRU THE LINKAGE ITSELF. When the crimps are cut out, the linkage will slide out of the linkage body. Take the solid pice of the linkage and get a tap and dye set and thread the linkage. After the linkage is threaded, thread a nut onto it (You can use a jam nut also if you so desire.) and re-assemble the linkage. Once it is back together, put it back onto the pedal and into the master cylinder. Adjust the nut in or out to adjust the "let off" on the pedal. Once you complete that, you now have an "adjustable" manual clutch. Hope this tip helps.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:19 PM
BlAcura 2.2CL

I just had this same problem as well. I topped off/re-bled my clutch fluid. This seemed to do the trick, but I'm going to pay extra close attention to it, as I think there may be a leak somewhere. I may look into this slave cynlinder though.