ABS light coming on while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS light coming on while driving?

K, it's a 97 acura cl 3.0 premium, just bought a new battery like a week ago (fully charged), plus they scanned the car to test alternator, starter, all checked out 100% good.

Anyways, driving around today, got the aftermarket CD player in (detatchable faceplay ones), noticed while driving, periodically the ABS light would flash on, stay on for 30 sec-2 min, while doing that the speedometer needle would drop then come right back up to normal speed i was going, (as the ABS light came/flashed on the speedo would do that quickly then work normal, but ABS light still stayed on for short bit then went off. I jsut the the car of when i go home, started it numeroius times, no problem with the battery, car turned over easily every time. What could be causing this, maybe loose wire from CD play, it does wiggle abit, it's not secure cause the mounting brackets had to be modded, (it needs to be re-done), anyways could any of the wires connected to the deck cause my symptoms or what else could it be?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
The speedometer error and ABS light may be related. A failing vehicle speed sensor(VSS) might cause this problem, but would usually set the Check Engine Light. Did Check Engine Light come on during this problem?

In any case, extract the ABS code/s by shorting the under-glove box 2-wire connector (usually bllue). It is usually plugged into a dummy plastic holder clipped to underside of dash. Press the connector release and pull the male end out. Install a wire connector to short the pins.

Turn keyswitch to ON, and ABS light should flash the codes. On other Accords the codes are flashed sequentially after a 2-second ABS light ON, the code/s are flashed as all short flashes (f) w/ a short pause (p) between first and second digit. So code 4-4 = ffff-p-ffff.

Report your code/s and I'll try to help.

good luck
Old 06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Advanced

ya the problem must be a loose wire with the aftermarket deck. I haven't put the faceplate on for over a week while driving and none of the problems happened, since this problem only happened with the faceplate on and the music playing, i'm pretty sure that a short or a loose connected wire is the culprit, thanks for the help!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
4th Gear

i have actually had the same problem . . . i have taken the car to the dealer and they cannot find anything wrong. since taking it to the dealer i have not had any issue until today when i got gas . . . it says on my gas car if i dont click it closed enough the check engine light mahy come on . . .

maybe?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
10th Gear

Ive got a 97 CL 3.0, and about 2 weeks ago this happened to me. My ABS would kick in when I tried to stop. Light always on. I pulled the fuse, now light is on but I can stop.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Intermediate

my abs light is always on, a mechanic told me that the abs liquid holder just had to be replaced cause it was really crusty but that it wasn't a serious problem, i doubt this helps but yeah its no big problem for me, my steering wheel and brakes still shake when i brake going fast so its working right?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
4th Gear

Did the original poster fix the problem? I'm having the same problem now with the ABS but no new stereo system. I tried to pull the codes and I got 8s-2s-2s-2s (s = short). Those don't even make any sense... Not trying to hijack the threat but wondering if anyone has found the solution to the ABS / Speedo flicker.

Thanks,

Shawn