first time pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first time pics

been on the site for a while now, not many posts, just a lot of lookin and readin. Just a few things done so far due to being tight on cash and time right now, but lots of plans for the future thanks to this site (which consumes a lot of my spare time). New wheels are 16" sport edition CD's, obvioulsly not my first choice, but fell into them and look way better then the beat up stocks. Debaged, and just upgraded my sub setup from two 10's to one 12" old school mtx thunder 8000. Got the sub off one of my buddies who had 3 of them in his competition jeep. The box i got off ebay localy for a steal. the guy said it was custom built by a shop for an R1, but works just dandy for this mtx. Its so much cleaner and deeper then the 2 10's and a lot less rattle. Any who, enjoy and tell me what you think .

Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK3.0
New wheels are 16" sport edition CD's
I almost got those! But went for the CE instead cus I got 17"

Car looks like it's in pretty good shape. Welcome to the CL side
Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Intermediate

yea, they are pretty good wheels for the price and a great stock looking replacement...I think they have a little different offset too b/c they look a little more flush then stock, but i couldnt find the numbers to compare so i duno...my car is definetaly in pretty good shape mechanicaly. It was lady driven and garage kept for the most part, but a lady driven car = 1000 scratches and a dent in the front left fender...
Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
It would look cleaner if you could hide the wires better in the trunk.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Intermediate

yea, i know...this is just a temporary install untill i get some sound deadening and feel like rippin out the back speakers to get rid of that god aweful speaker cover rattle...i just couldnt live without subs till then.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
good start! black CL's ftw
Old 07-13-2011, 01:20 PM
zshortcut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good, i wish mine was black
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Your Girlfriend is in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Question, you say the speakers in the rear are the reason you have the awful rattling? I have a similar setup, but couldn't figure out what was rattling. Lol clean is pretty clean, least you dont have cat claw scratches like mine. Lol.

- RemieGino14 -
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
zshortcut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya mine rattles in the rear too!! howd you stop it?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Intermediate

I haven't quite stopped it yet because I've been so busy since graduation, getting engaged, and closing on a town home. Weird that this thread got pulled up though because I am finally going to have time to attempt to accomplish this with my fiancé working a double tomorrow. I've replaced the amp recently since my old eBay one decided to smoke on me, but I got about 7+ flawless years out of it, so it was totally worth the $120 I paid. The new amp is a class D mono that is much more efficient and puts out a good deal less distortion, so I was happy for a while. My plan is to turn the sub around, take the speakers out and rubber around all of the contact points with the rear deck, and use this rubber/foam industrial sound deadening material I got from work that was originally use on large diesel generators to isolate it from the trunk and rear deck. I'll post some pictures up once it's all done. FYI, I am not going to be going for looks, just clarity.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Your Girlfriend is in my

I haven't quite stopped it yet because I've been so busy since graduation, getting engaged, and closing on a town home. Weird that this thread got pulled up though because I am finally going to have time to attempt to accomplish this with my fiancé working a double tomorrow. I've replaced the amp recently since my old eBay one decided to smoke on me, but I got about 7+ flawless years out of it, so it was totally worth the $120 I paid. The new amp is a class D mono that is much more efficient and puts out a good deal less distortion, so I was happy for a while. My plan is to turn the sub around, take the speakers out and rubber around all of the contact points with the rear deck, and use this rubber/foam industrial sound deadening material I got from work that was originally use on large diesel generators to isolate it from the trunk and rear deck. I'll post some pictures up once it's all done. FYI, I am not going to be going for looks, just clarity.
Yeah, I just have a simple bass amp and 12 inch setup for a simple bump, but the rattling it killing me. I've looked through my trunk trying to figure out and came down to those speaker covers. I'm planning to remove them and see if there was a difference if it deleted the rattling. Rear is tinted anyways so its not like anyone is going to see my rear speakers. Lol. Let us know how it goes.

- RemieGino14 -
Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Intermediate

Over all it was a great success . First I (carefully) tore everything out, which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. They obviously didn't want anyone to take that rear deck panel off because there was so many Christmas tree clips holding it down and the ones closest to the back window were a b*tch (which is why some of them didn't make it back in during the reassembly). Once I had everything out I though to myself; well I already have everything torn out and I don't want to do this again, so I might as well replace the speakers while I'm at it. So after running to the store and swapping out the speakers, I just looked at everything I took out and found any possible rubbing or vibration points and put either rubber or my sound deadening material there. Then I spun my sub around and isolated it from the trunk and rear deck and had the port directed through the ski pass. Then I buttoned everything back up and crossed my fingers. I got rid of about 95% of the rattling (95% because I still get a little rattle when I really crank that gangsta rap). The new speakers are also a night and day difference too, the highs are defining now .
As long as you have the right materials and the time, I would recommend this as well as new rear speakers while you’re at it. I've got pictures that I'll post later, I'm on my way out the door right now. Leme know if anyone is intersted in a writeup and I'll give it my best shot
Old 07-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Your Girlfriend is in my

Over all it was a great success . First I (carefully) tore everything out, which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. They obviously didn't want anyone to take that rear deck panel off because there was so many Christmas tree clips holding it down and the ones closest to the back window were a b*tch (which is why some of them didn't make it back in during the reassembly). Once I had everything out I though to myself; well I already have everything torn out and I don't want to do this again, so I might as well replace the speakers while I'm at it. So after running to the store and swapping out the speakers, I just looked at everything I took out and found any possible rubbing or vibration points and put either rubber or my sound deadening material there. Then I spun my sub around and isolated it from the trunk and rear deck and had the port directed through the ski pass. Then I buttoned everything back up and crossed my fingers. I got rid of about 95% of the rattling (95% because I still get a little rattle when I really crank that gangsta rap). The new speakers are also a night and day difference too, the highs are defining now .
As long as you have the right materials and the time, I would recommend this as well as new rear speakers while you’re at it. I've got pictures that I'll post later, I'm on my way out the door right now. Leme know if anyone is intersted in a writeup and I'll give it my best shot
I request for a write up and picture. Thanks!

- RemieGino14 -
Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM
DJ MSR NRG!!

Originally Posted by zshortcut
ya mine rattles in the rear too!! howd you stop it?

the rattle in my car was the covers for the rear deck speakers !!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,047 Posts
Originally Posted by hwdp420pl
the rattle in my car was the covers for the rear deck speakers !!
The stock speaker grills back there rattle like hell, so glad I don't have those anymore
Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-diy-faq-74/rear-deck-rear-speaker-removal-vibration-reduction-826569/
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

Here's a couple of pictures I took when I went camping in Wisconsin on the Ole Miss. Just got my new camera, so there will probably be more to come.