What is Rice

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is Rice

What makes a car rice. I have heard alot of diffrent explinations and diffrent reasoning behind calling something rice. So I would like to know what makes a car rice.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:51 AM
!egamalS

my def of rice is a car that has done lame mods to any import or jus mods that make you go "wtf" and high pitched ricey exhaust.. i dunno... the term is used improperly for alot of cars.. and that page where u rate the rice is so fuckin lame.. the people who made that prob have some rice an noodles goin
Old 12-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Still trolling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think everyones definition of rice varies. For me:
  • Adding things to a car to give the aperance it is another, is rice (and lying)
  • Exhausts that are too loud for thier own good
  • Sticker graphics of any kind on the paint of the vehicle (other than vendor logos cleanly done around the skirting, fender well, etc).
  • Stickers for items not on a vehicle (veilside sticker, without veilside components)
  • Window graphics, logos, stickers, etc.
  • Windshield washer squirters that light up
  • Any flashing LED's that serve no purpose on the exterior of the vehicle
  • Oversized, heavy, body kits/lips/cowls/etc.
  • Rear wing that is larger than normal factory sized wings (even though a wing is absolutely useless in a front wheel drive car, and only usefull on a <10s rear wheel drive car. I realize they can be astheticly pleasing in some cases.)
  • Roof scoops
  • Did I say oversized body kits?
Old 12-10-2002, 11:57 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

chris kinda summed it up
Old 12-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
well he forgot one thing a think, ALTEZZAS That is the worse kind of rice IMO but i guess he covered that into looking like another car. Oh my red calipers are kinda ricey butt i plan to cange them to silver or black when my hand heals
Old 12-10-2002, 01:20 PM
Still trolling

Originally posted by 1StGenCL
Oh my red calipers are kinda ricey butt i plan to cange them to silver or black when my hand heals
Nah, painting your calipers isn't rice. Now, if you stuck a Brembo sticker on em, that would be a different story.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hehe i saw this eclipse on the road a few month ago....dual exhuast bunch it wasn't an aftermarket muffler he just got another stock and flip it upside down.

All sort of fuckin sticker....AEM, Tanabe, and this chinese writing, dc sport, !!!!also a VTEC sticker!!! too much to name....all this sticker was on the door. And he could at least put the vtec sticker right cuz it was folded up. i just pull up next to him and shoke my head ....i didnt even wanna race him. I'll look back if somebody see me racing him
Old 12-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

hey would putting on an "Acura-CL.com" sticker make my car ricey?
Old 12-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by ib_jimmy
hey would putting on an "Acura-CL.com" sticker make my car ricey?
No...But an "Acura-TL.com" sticker would.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Suzuka Master

hehehe....what about 2.2CL Type-S or even better 2.2CL Type-R.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:04 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
IM sorry but i happen to think that WINDOW Stickers ARNT ricey....i mean i have an ACURA sticker 5" tall across the whole windshield...is that THAT bad~?!?!
Old 12-10-2002, 04:06 PM
cor
MR O'NEAL

rice is a figment of your imagination, it does not exist :-P
Old 12-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by Acura3.0CL
IM sorry but i happen to think that WINDOW Stickers ARNT ricey....i mean i have an ACURA sticker 5" tall across the whole windshield...is that THAT bad~?!?!
Lets see pics first.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:10 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by cor
rice is a figment of your imagination, it does not exist :-P
Thats the G Spot.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Acura3.0CL
5" tall??!!! damn that's hella ricey. you needa take that off next time you post the picture of your car on here
Old 12-10-2002, 10:43 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally posted by ib_jimmy
hehe i saw this eclipse on the road a few month ago....dual exhuast bunch it wasn't an aftermarket muffler he just got another stock and flip it upside down.

All sort of fuckin sticker....AEM, Tanabe, and this chinese writing, dc sport, !!!!also a VTEC sticker!!! too much to name....all this sticker was on the door. And he could at least put the vtec sticker right cuz it was folded up. i just pull up next to him and shoke my head ....i didnt even wanna race him. I'll look back if somebody see me racing him
Hey i have si style sohc vtec decals on my cl, and my car isn't rice...I have them, acura-cl.com static stics through 20% tint and my local car group decal over the 3rd brake light....no rice on my car...
Old 12-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by ding069
Hey i have si style sohc vtec decals on my cl, and my car isn't rice...I have them, acura-cl.com static stics through 20% tint and my local car group decal over the 3rd brake light....no rice on my car...
Dude...He was saying the vtec sticker on the eclipse was rice, not that VTEC stickers are rice.

In case you didn't know, eclipses don't have vtec.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:52 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Riced out!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:58 PM
Cause stock sux.

Riced out.

Wish I saved the interior shot...Anyone still have that? You know...the one that takes up 95% of the viewing area...
Old 12-10-2002, 11:02 PM
acura-cl.com OG

if anyone wnts to see some more riced out high performance hundais go to www.riceboypage.com you wil laugh yourasses off!
Old 12-10-2002, 11:07 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally posted by Repo1234
This is the ultimate RICE!!!
i get nothing
Old 12-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Well i have an acura symbol that fits my back window is that ricey oh and i did put the led washer jets on it too.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:57 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Afraid to say it but yes

Originally posted by Frogman
Well i have an acura symbol that fits my back window is that ricey oh and i did put the led washer jets on it too.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:04 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Yup, you prob have one of the most riced out cl's on the forum! j/k bu you are RICED OUT! :P
Old 12-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

The Acura sticker you can slip by maybe....but the LED washer jet HAHAHA its on the top of the ricer wish list for X-mas
Old 12-11-2002, 11:28 AM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dont worry, i got your back..i got the washer LED's and the ACURA brow on the wondshield too..if were gonna get bashed, i'll atleast be man enought to say i like me "ricey" mods and i will go down with ya FROGMAN...hehehe
Old 12-11-2002, 11:35 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

ding ding ding....

COR.. you are 100% correct...

how can anyone call something RICE??? who gives you the right to judge anybody???!!! I can say your shit is UGLY, but I have no right to call it RICE!?

do you want to know why?! it's simple... TASTE!!! We are all different, like different things and are from different regions... therefore style comes and goes differently for all of us... RICE is a term to insult and isolate those who have done MODS "you" do not like.. IT HOLDS NO DEPTH!!!!!

RICE is imaginary... why not just say BUTT ASS UGLY... it works and is so much more clear and to the point!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Suzuka Master

aight aight.....my bad aight....your car is not butt ugly. Just remember we have CL not Civic....so keep it classy =)

BTW, that rear spoiler on that HKS CL look pretty tight =)
Old 12-11-2002, 11:50 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally posted by Casper98CL
ding ding ding....

how can anyone call something RICE??? who gives you the right to judge anybody???!!! I can say your shit is UGLY, but I have no right to call it RICE!?

do you want to know why?! it's simple... TASTE!!! We are all different, like different things and are from different regions... therefore style comes and goes differently for all of us... RICE is a term to insult and isolate those who have done MODS "you" do not like.. IT HOLDS NO DEPTH!!!!!

RICE is imaginary... why not just say BUTT ASS UGLY... it works and is so much more clear and to the point!!!
You are right in saying it is all a matter of taste, but i feel my matter of taste doesn't sway too far from most of the people on this forum. YOU CAN CALL MY SHIT RICE ALL YOU WANT, BUT IT ISNT! Rice Boys are posers who think there car can beat a viper because of some decals, blue lights and a lound ass coffee can muffler. A CAR CAN BE UGLY, AND NOT RICED OUT OUT! A cavalier is ugly, but not riced out until they hook it up like the above pic. These forums are a matter of opinion, and if you want to jump on me like that, go for it. Maybe you like ricers?? I have noticed lately whenever you have been posting it is always been to bash people. But bashing isn't wht a forum is about, its about help, opinions and love of the car. Your opinion counts, so don't tell me mine doesn't..........
Old 12-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Cause stock sux.

ding ding ding....

That can only account for so much. Please go to BestBuy, buy Mischief 3000, and tell me that the part entitled "American Rice" is not correctly termed "rice."

I mean...come on...

A mustang "Onsoku Type R","GTR", with rotary, pistons, turbo, headers, etc etc...

Can there be any more conflictions? I don't know about you, but shit like that is definitely rice.

Just like HKS Power's CL...A fucken turbo timer with no turbo? Everything has a limit. And unfortunately, rice is far from imaginary.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:39 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

You are right in saying it is all a matter of taste, but i feel my matter of taste doesn't sway too far from most of the people on this forum. YOU CAN CALL MY SHIT RICE ALL YOU WANT, BUT IT ISNT! Rice Boys are posers who think there car can beat a viper because of some decals, blue lights and a lound ass coffee can muffler. A CAR CAN BE UGLY, AND NOT RICED OUT OUT! A cavalier is ugly, but not riced out until they hook it up like the above pic. These forums are a matter of opinion, and if you want to jump on me like that, go for it. Maybe you like ricers?? I have noticed lately whenever you have been posting it is always been to bash people. But bashing isn't wht a forum is about, its about help, opinions and love of the car. Your opinion counts, so don't tell me mine doesn't..........

FIRST: RICE is not an ATTITUDE!!!! It is the physicality of the car.. so thinking they can beat a viper because of a decal has NOTHING to do with it!!!!! THERE IS NO SET DEFINITION for RICE...

so glad to see you agree its OPINION and TASTE!!!!!

SECOND: there are more varied opinions on this board than you lead yourself to realize!!!!

THIRD: DO NOT tell me what this board is about... when your 150+ posts reach my near 3k posts.. then you can say stupid shit like that.. I have more knowledge, more hand on experience working on my car, and have a lot more mods than you have... so when I CRITISIZE or "BASH" someone.. there is good reason... I do NOT believe in kissing anyones ass... sure as hell not ignorant youngens... learn to accept criticism...

FOURTH: who the fawk said you DONT count?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?!

heres your lesson... DONT TALK SHIT to me.... if you want to take my opinions, TAKE IT.. if you want to learn what i can teach.... LEARN... otherwise read it and move on... but if you reply the way you have.. you WILL be FLAMED!!!!!

:flamer: DING069
Old 12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Bada Bing

The problem isn't the term "rice", the problem is ignorant people misuse the term constantly. Just because people don't like something they call it rice.
A while back someone posted a pic of one of the nicest if not the nicest Cougars I've ever seen...it was yellow with a full body kit. Everyone jumped on it and called it rice...the car was far from rice...it was clean, the body kit fit the lines of the car, everything flowed within a certain theme, etc... Yeah there were one or two things I personally didn't like but it wasn't rice like everyone was claiming. Rice is when a car looks strange, parts don't fit right, don't look right, aren't even there although stickers claim that they are, etc... If people would stop abusing the term and use it properly we would have these arguements.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:44 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by Got Rice?
That can only account for so much. Please go to BestBuy, buy Mischief 3000, and tell me that the part entitled "American Rice" is not correctly termed "rice."

I mean...come on...

A mustang "Onsoku Type R","GTR", with rotary, pistons, turbo, headers, etc etc...

Can there be any more conflictions? I don't know about you, but shit like that is definitely rice.

Just like HKS Power's CL...A fucken turbo timer with no turbo? Everything has a limit. And unfortunately, rice is far from imaginary.

so.. if that is the case give me a WEBSTER's definition of rice.... and btw... if a MUSTANG is RICE.. why is it AMERICAN....

the term RICE was meant to be kinda dorogitory to the JAPENESE cars... RICE = ASIAN... so why can an american car be rice????!!!!

hmmmm I do not think it can.. but since there is NO SET DEFINITION... and everyone misuses and abuses the word.. it now is... and its accepted.. but there still is NO REAL EXAMPLE OR DEFINITION is there?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 12-11-2002, 03:54 PM
acura-cl.com OG

FIRST: RICE is not an ATTITUDE!!!! It is the physicality of the car.. so thinking they can beat a viper because of a decal has NOTHING to do with it!!!!! THERE IS NO SET DEFINITION for RICE...

so glad to see you agree its OPINION and TASTE!!!!!

SECOND: there are more varied opinions on this board than you lead yourself to realize!!!!

THIRD: DO NOT tell me what this board is about... when your 150+ posts reach my near 3k posts.. then you can say stupid shit like that.. I have more knowledge, more hand on experience working on my car, and have a lot more mods than you have... so when I CRITISIZE or "BASH" someone.. there is good reason... I do NOT believe in kissing anyones ass... sure as hell not ignorant youngens... learn to accept criticism...

FOURTH: who the fawk said you DONT count?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?!

heres your lesson... DONT TALK SHIT to me.... if you want to take my opinions, TAKE IT.. if you want to learn what i can teach.... LEARN... otherwise read it and move on... but if you reply the way you have.. you WILL be FLAMED!!!!!

:flamer: DING069
I am not even gonna get into this guy, my time is more valuable then to write a huge post..if you want to judge me by my 150 rating,your cool....because im 19, your cool.....judge my by the amount of mods on my car, your cool....you telling me that i am wrong and talking shit to you is telling me you don't respect my opinion, therefore "not counting"......so get your shit straight, and an opinion can't be right or wrong, but in your words "if you want to take my opinions, TAKE IT.......otherwise read it and move on... but if you reply the way you have.. you WILL be FLAMED!!!!!" So take it an move on.......:pfawk:
Old 12-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Bada Bing

Casper is just owning people these days...first :pee:97acura3.0cl and now :pee: DING069. I must agree with him though...Casper does know his car thoroughly and can teach quite a few people on this board a thing or two.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:03 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally posted by SlyTLS
Casper is just owning people these days...first :pee:97acura3.0cl and now :pee: DING069. I must agree with him though...Casper does know his car thoroughly and can teach quite a few people on this board a thing or two.
Your head is so far up his ass i don't know where he ends and you begin?!?!?!?! You want a definition of RICE got to riceboypage.com, rice is REAL so step off if u think it isn't....
Old 12-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Bada Bing

I am not even gonna get into this guy, my time is more valuable then to write a huge post..if you want to judge me by my 150 rating,your cool....because im 19, your cool.....judge my by the amount of mods on my car, your cool....you telling me that i am wrong and talking shit to you is telling me you don't respect my opinion, therefore "not counting"......so get your shit straight, and an opinion can't be right or wrong, but in your words "if you want to take my opinions, TAKE IT.......otherwise read it and move on... but if you reply the way you have.. you WILL be FLAMED!!!!!" So take it an move on.......:pfawk:
I've got to tell you your age just showed in this reply...not based on what you said but by the mere fact that you bothered to reply back. You attacked and aren't willing to be attacked back. You tried telling Casper what this board "is about"... Casper is merely telling you he is a veteran here, he knows what it's about and you're out of place. As for Casper bashing people...he's merely schooling people not to talk shit about things they don't know about. Again, he's in the right....he may be hated but he is respected for speaking his mind and telling it how it is.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Bada Bing

Your head is so far up his ass i don't know where he ends and you begin?!?!?!?! You want a definition of RICE got to riceboypage.com, rice is REAL so step off if u think it isn't....
First off...my head isn't up his ass dick...although he is my brother. Maybe if you knew what you were talking about you'd know that. If you're out of line he and I will tell you...in case if you're too ignorant to realize it you've been told. Once again you show your immaturity...why don't you grow up and use this forum for your benefit instead of trying to piss people off.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Rag & Bone

damn i wish i had that e-thug picture right now!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Rag & Bone

Quick Reply: What is Rice