Weekend Project - Finally Done

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 09:34 AM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Weekend Project - Finally Done

OK, so last weekend's project didn't actually get done until this weekend, but that's ok. Here are some picks of the pro-kit / KYB setup.

...and here is the Fawking POS RR hub that i replaced because the shock bolt froze up on me.

You may ask, why did you replace the whole hub? Well, a buddy of mine that manages a salvage yard picked up a 99'CL at an insurance auction a while ago so he's kept it for me to use for parts as I need them. So instead of going through the hassle of trying to drill the bolt out after it broke, I pulled the RR assembly ($50.00) from the junked Cl and was able to remove that bolt no problem. So I just installed the 99' hub with the shock/springs installed.

My tires come in on Wed., so I should have the Evos put on by the end of the week.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:53 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good Joe...put up some more pics when you get those rims on.

Also, if you're not crazy about your pinstripe I say take it off.
If it's painted on like mine was I had it taken off for just over $60 and it came out beautiful.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Racer

Looks good Joe, cant wait to see it with the rims...Sorry to hear about the RR side...I only wish mine could have been an easy fix like yours, my shoulder still hurts from drilling!!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=100320

Lata man!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:40 PM
My Home Planet

Originally posted by JamzCL

Also, if you're not crazy about your pinstripe I say take it off.
If it's painted on like mine was I had it taken off for just over $60 and it came out beautiful.
I agree. Taking it off is on my to do list. I haven't really looked to see if it's painted on or not.

Originally posted by ACURA-C

I only wish mine could have been an easy fix like yours, my shoulder still hurts from drilling!!
Damn that sucks!!!! I feel for you. It so common on honda's for those bolts to freeze up too. You'd think there would be some easy way to take care of it (the penetrating lube didn't help, i guess). Your car looks good though.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was thinking about taking my coilover off and replace it with pro-kit but from the picture it doesn't look low enought for me.... take picture of it again in about 3 weeks when the spring stadle down. I wanna see what it really look like before i order the eibach, i was thinking about getting the nuespeed sport.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
-iii-(

nice! so how many working hours did it take to get them installed?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:02 AM
My Home Planet

Originally posted by ib_jimmy
I was thinking about taking my coilover off and replace it with pro-kit but from the picture it doesn't look low enought for me.... take picture of it again in about 3 weeks when the spring stadle down. I wanna see what it really look like before i order the eibach, i was thinking about getting the nuespeed sport.
It's really not a big drop. I just wanted to reduce the wheel gap. It's about a 2 finger gap right now and it should only settle about 0.25" - 0.5" more. It also gives a smoother ride than a lower drop would and no camber kit is needed.

Originally posted by Blacura
nice! so how many working hours did it take to get them installed?
I started at around 10:00pm on Friday night (I just had that itch to work on it) and stopped at around 2:00am having finished the both fronts. The next day I went back and forth working on it. The most time consuming part is compressing the springs. The compressors I got were not the best and they flew off a couple of times (one almost took my head off). I'd say about 6-7 hours max., but with no problems it should only take about 4 hours.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Instructor

wow.. i'm glad you dropped your car since cl's look like 4x4's without any drop. personally i think you shoulda gone with the neuspeed or h&r drop but hey, it's your choice. i have them in with my stock rims on right now, and i'll be sure to post pics for you. the ride quality isn't as bad as i thought it would be, but it's worth sacrificing, to me, for the look of the drop.