We seriously do have GREAT looking cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 11:20 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We seriously do have GREAT looking cars!

So im cruising down US 19 today......and here comes this old porsche 944....Now i've always loved the old porsche's....944 are GREAT, so i have to take a look....whats even better is that the guy and gal inside are STARING right back at MY car!!!....i felt like someone....he he......i mean, i got the looks in the old resto bug, sometimes laughs....but i loved it...never got it in the toyota.....but seem to be getting it in the ACURA....and by PORSCHE owners; now thats respect! Anyone getting looks from other sports/luxury owners? if so, POST AWAY!
Old 01-04-2002, 08:50 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hell Yeah,
I get stares and looks all the time! Comments ranging from Man, what is that!? to is that a race car(old ladys)! People who know a lot about cars love mine as well. It is somewhat hard to identify for some because of debadging and 18 wheels, which is exactly what I was going for! I was cruising through an intersection and put car in neutral and revved a little and my friend who is a mechanic happened to be there: He "quick-talked" me on nextel and was like "Dude, what's with the F1 engine. That sounds awesome!" (Just an intake !!) I actually knew that he might be there and did this to see what his reaction would be! Sometimes the attention can be a pain if your not in the mood though. Also, can't figure out why I seem to get more of it when the ride is dirty!?!
SWClown
Old 01-04-2002, 10:19 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

LOL

love it!!!! Im new to the acura cl so will see if i get any more attention! But thats just how it is huh? with the ride being dirty....lol, i wouldnt know....i havent let it get dirty yet, and when it doesn, its back to the garden hose we go! I know all the neighbors must think im nuts, especially when im washing my baby in 50 degree weather!!! LOL, but need to keep it looking pro! Need to do the intake next, want my little puppy to roar! SWclown, is that a 3.0 youre cruzin or a 2.2?
Old 01-04-2002, 11:51 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
d5c5b: 2.2: I noticed that you live in Florida. Lucky bastard! In the spring and summer I wash or at least quick-detail it everyday. Up until this winter I pretty much kept the same schedule. Your neighbors think your nuts? Last winter the H2O would freeze in the drive way when I was washing!( Below 32!) I would use hot H2O for the car wash, but still had to rinse with cold and drying is actually the real cold part! Towel sometimes would freeze up during drying-have to be careful not to let ice scratch!!!) BRRRR!!! But car is black and gets/looks dirty in no time! No excuse for nice car that looks like crap b/c its dirty! This winter I'm on a once a week schedule. When I get home from work its already dark. Last year I had a more flexible schedule, so I'm pretty sure if it was light outside the cold wouldn't make much difference!! I'd still be out there!-BTW: Your 18s will make a huge difference in appearance!
SWClown
Blue Weapon R Intake -K&N Filter
Valve Cover-Blue
Piaa Plasma Lights
Piaa Solitaire Fogs
Clear Corners
Side Turn Markers
18 " X 7.5 Quantemtek S-05 w/ Michelin Rubber
Eibach Pro-not installed (Have to fix lower rear control arms
Momo Boot and Gear Shift
Blue Calips
Blue A Badges- all others in trash can
Blue Neon
30% Titanium Tint (Steel reinforced)
Mesh Grill -thanks 2 Forum
To come: Ordered JVC MP3 player today
Pro Kit install
Side Skirts
Greddy Turbo in Summer (Accord- Friend will get good price-Relatively speaking!)
Venom Mangement
....Could go on for days, once u start there is no end
Old 01-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Midnight Marauder

I get looks from people sometimes but my car is basically stock looking on the outside. If I had some rims I'm sure it would be different.
I do get looks from people who I pass at high RPM's...
ie: "riceboy flyby"
He he!
I can't help it. I've seen so many heads snap over, when I get an exhaust.
Of course, even without rims... If i'm all washed and shined... people always comment when we go to friends party's etc.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Re: LOL

Originally posted by d5c5b
! I know all the neighbors must think im nuts, especially when im washing my baby in 50 degree weather!!!
50 is nothing. I washed my car atleast once every week since we bought the car new in late 96 or early 97 not sure which and that was in NJ not FL. I remember freezing water on my ride like Swclown said but it was worth it
Old 01-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

Back on the Acura appreciation tip. I was once gassing up my CL when some guy in a business suit comes up to me and starts asking me about my car. I told him it was a CL and he asked if it was one of the new ones. I was like no, its a 97. He was like wow, this car is beutiful, I want one like it. Ive never seen a CL like this before. I told him that it looks different because of all the mods Ive put on it. So I showed him around the car for a while and hes loving it. He asks me how much I got it for and tells me he gonna buy one. Then he goes back to his car which happens to be a 2000 BMW M3!!! He then proceeded to burn past me on the highway going about 100.

Old 01-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Don't hate the PLAYA

Yeah I get stares when my car is nice a washed. Now the cold weather and rain is keeping me down/ lets not forget the side damage and bumper scrape. Damn those idiots (learn to drive)!
Old 01-04-2002, 09:08 PM
Advanced

I have alot of people tell me how good my car looks,and the very next thing they ask is "what kind of car is that?" I just feel like telling them to get the f-ck out of my face! Don't get me wrong I love the attention but some people are just f-cken stupid!!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Racer

yo! i totally feel you. when i drive to work (or anywhere really) i get stares from older men that are filled with contempt. I just imagine what they're thinking. "Damm kids, playing their music so fuckin loud, and what's with those big ass rims? they must scratch" and, being a white boy in Frisco gets me plenty of stares and mean looks from all the asian cats still in thier civics and integs. the same cats i went to high school with used to diss when my homies and i would be walking, now all i smell is jealousy!
Old 01-05-2002, 11:22 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

WORD!!!!is aw some chick from middle school the other day, i remember her being some hot shot miss popular....she was working at winne dixie.......on her smoking break......loved the look on her face as i strolled out of there to hop into my lovely car.....it was PRICELESS!
Old 01-07-2002, 11:52 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
i've been stopped by a few guys in street rods on a few different occasions