Visor monitors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006 | 07:42 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

Visor monitors

I want to get a monitor to put in my visor, or a visor with a monitor already in it.
I read it's a bitch to fit the monitor in there, so I'm leaning towards the visors with the monitors already in them.
I don't know anything about this stuff -- what's a quality product, how hard this is to install, etc.

I'd like to get a 6-7" monitor with a wide-viewing angle, and I plan to hook up a ps2 up to it.

What is the deal with a power source and hooking it up to the sound system?

..a lot of questions from the
Old 03-01-2006 | 06:52 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

well, i think i'm going to get these -> Visors

but from HERE because they're cheaper

anyone have any knowledge about this brand?
it even has a built in tv tuner (i know it will be shitty, but hey, it's something) which is cool
i mostly just want to hook up a ps2 and/or one of those controllers with a bunch of simple low quality games built in..

ah, i can't wait..
it says it's "easy installation" which is good, even though i don't know what that entails.

any info on this brand or installation is VERY MUCH appreciated

drink on
Old 03-01-2006 | 06:57 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Pyle screens are pretty good, they're audio stuff isn't that superb, but the screens are nice
Old 03-01-2006 | 07:21 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

great
i think i can trust a steelers fan

anyone know about installation?
it looks like it has a built in speaker in the pic, which is good, because i dont want to have to deal with too much crap hooking this up. and i dont really need the bose system to back up pacman.

but what am i going to need in terms of power supply?
Old 03-01-2006 | 08:29 PM
hoss

um i dunno about that. i went to my local audio and tint shop that i get all my work done at and they said they could do two monitors and install for 300.so maybe you should talk to an install shop first to see what they can do for you.
Old 03-01-2006 | 09:21 PM
Alex's CL

my boy did mines he said it was easy...?? dont know check my visors.

Old 03-01-2006 | 09:27 PM
where is....

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...l/index.html#8
i would recomend this place, their stuff is real cheap
Old 03-01-2006 | 09:54 PM

one question....whats the point
Old 03-01-2006 | 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by SilverCL97
one question....whats the point
Old 03-02-2006 | 02:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shnee420
I want to get a monitor to put in my visor, or a visor with a monitor already in it.
I read it's a bitch to fit the monitor in there, so I'm leaning towards the visors with the monitors already in them.
I don't know anything about this stuff -- what's a quality product, how hard this is to install, etc.

I'd like to get a 6-7" monitor with a wide-viewing angle, and I plan to hook up a ps2 up to it.

What is the deal with a power source and hooking it up to the sound system?

..a lot of questions from the
i got the 7 inch ones that was already in the visor...they were like 400...i mean they are iight but nothing to go crazy over...i got a back up camera ...thats what makes shit cool...when u turn it on while ur driving...if i was u .. save ur money and get air ride..
Old 03-02-2006 | 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator

i did mine it wasnt that hard. Just gotta get a dremel cause you'll hit some pieces of metal in the back
Old 03-02-2006 | 08:12 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

klepto, how/where do you run the wires?
i realize it goes thru the same space as the wires for the vanity light, but where from there?
my brother used to install audio equipment, do you think he'd be able to hook up the sound to the bose system? in other words, is this something anyone with a little car audio knowledge could do?

and about the power supply, how does it get power?

sorry for all the questions, but im hoping someone can share their koowledge with someone trying to learn.
Old 03-02-2006 | 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

klepto, how/where do you run the wires?
i realize it goes thru the same space as the wires for the vanity light, but where from there?
my brother used to install audio equipment, do you think he'd be able to hook up the sound to the bose system? in other words, is this something anyone with a little car audio knowledge could do?

and about the power supply, how does it get power?

sorry for all the questions, but im hoping someone can share their koowledge with someone trying to learn.
I ran the wires down teh A pillar. Where it meets up with a power and ground wire that I have running under the glove box. And if youre getting visor monitors and still have your stock bose system, Id reccomend not buying the visors and getting better speakers first
Old 03-03-2006 | 05:44 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

Originally Posted by KLepTo
And if youre getting visor monitors and still have your stock bose system, Id reccomend not buying the visors and getting better speakers first
eh, i have no problem with the bose system. im not into audio systems or anything, and it's not like it's causing me any problems or displeasure. for myself, i cant justify spending money on system to replace one im happy with.. don't really see the point.

as for the power, does it come with/need something special to run on (a different battery), or can it just get power from an already existent wire?
Old 03-03-2006 | 07:30 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

eh, i have no problem with the bose system. im not into audio systems or anything, and it's not like it's causing me any problems or displeasure. for myself, i cant justify spending money on system to replace one im happy with.. don't really see the point.
But you wanna put screens in your visors?

ps: Blose systems in our cars SUCK! k bye
Old 03-03-2006 | 07:48 PM
Land of Pleasant Living

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
But you wanna put screens in your visors?

ps: Blose systems in our cars SUCK! k bye

yes.
i do a lot of long-distance driving, and my girlfriend is usually riding with me.
she's always bored as hell, and i want to give her something to do instead of just sitting there and eventually falling asleep..
she's nice enough to keep me company on these drives when she usually has better things she could be doing.

is there some prerequisite for wanting some in car entertainment for my passenger?
do i need to be an audio enthusiast? a poser scratching for some "bling"?
shame on me for wanting it for what it's made for

and if i find the bose system to be adequate, why the fuck would i replace it?
if you have a better ear for car systems, props to you. i guess i dont. so ill just keep that money and buy something i DO want.

damn, i just want some info. dont need criticism.

"k bye"

sorry for the attitude.. i've had a shitty shitty day
Old 03-03-2006 | 11:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Sorry man, I was just bein sarcastic. I was just bitching about our bose system cuz mine broke down bit by bit. But that's cool you're puttin screens in, i'm all for it. I was just bein a smart ass. :gheyhug:
Old 03-05-2006 | 04:19 AM
I'm a llama :(

yes.
i do a lot of long-distance driving, and my girlfriend is usually riding with me.
she's always bored as hell, and i want to give her something to do instead of just sitting there and eventually falling asleep..
she's nice enough to keep me company on these drives when she usually has better things she could be doing.

is there some prerequisite for wanting some in car entertainment for my passenger?
do i need to be an audio enthusiast? a poser scratching for some "bling"?
shame on me for wanting it for what it's made for

and if i find the bose system to be adequate, why the fuck would i replace it?
if you have a better ear for car systems, props to you. i guess i dont. so ill just keep that money and buy something i DO want.

damn, i just want some info. dont need criticism.

"k bye"

sorry for the attitude.. i've had a shitty shitty day
She could give you road head?

Sorry you had a bad day. But seriously, road head would make you feel better.
Old 03-05-2006 | 01:09 PM
Cruisin'

I dont know about you guys, but why does everyone hate on the Bose System? I think I must have lucked out or somthing because Im extremely happy with the stock system, i even tried to blow the speakers on many occations, and it just doesnt happen. Never had problems with the car, I think i lucked out, its a 97 and ive had it for 7 years now and 142,000 miles and have had no problems cept the tranny blowing at 133,000.

Good Luck with the screens thou, I gave serious thought to doing the same about a year ago.
Old 03-05-2006 | 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Littl3Bit
I dont know about you guys, but why does everyone hate on the Bose System? I think I must have lucked out or somthing because Im extremely happy with the stock system, i even tried to blow the speakers on many occations, and it just doesnt happen. Never had problems with the car, I think i lucked out, its a 97 and ive had it for 7 years now and 142,000 miles and have had no problems cept the tranny blowing at 133,000.

Good Luck with the screens thou, I gave serious thought to doing the same about a year ago.
I blew both my rear speakers, you're just not trying hard enough