umm...can you say slammed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:13 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm...can you say slammed?

HA...guess who put her coilovers on tuesday..go ahead, guess..

hmmm..damn i forgot how good CL's look when they are slammed...

there is about 1/2 an inch between the fender and tire in the back
and about an inch & 1/2 difference in the front...my friend had to close the Nissan shop before we had time to adjust them to the same height...ugh..and after installing them, we were too damn tired to do it anyways!

but i am gonna raise the back up to match the front...i still have the stock shocks, i know...shame on me..but i got a deal on the coilovers, granted they are APC, but they were only 50 bucks(bought them from a friend)...and i couldn't wait to save up for shocks, which i am doing now...

one question...anyone have any idea about how long the shocks will last before they'll blow out? a couple months?

but i know that but i am working on that...gonna try to get some tonight...

later gators!!
Old 05-02-2003, 01:17 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
okay, katie, congrats on your purchase. But I really shoud warn you about APC products, they are complete and absolute crap. I have a few friends out here who won't even carry them anymore. I'm not trying to discourage you, just warning you. Also, i give you 2-3 months on your stock shocks (depending on what kind of shape and how many miles are on them now), but it's not going to ride well w/ stock shocks, the throw will be WAY to short and they will ride pretty rough.

But, hurry up and get pics of that slammed bitch congrats, i bet you love it.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:37 PM
i want a bimmer =(

ghander...
"love it" is an understatement..i get the biggest smile on my face whenever i see it...oh it feels so good to drive a lowered car again!

i know they are All Parts Crap, but they were only 50 bucks and they will do until i save up the money to get new shocks and GroundControl coilvers, which will be at the end of July at the latest...trust me the APC's will NOT be a permanent addition to my car...

and as far as the ride....bouncy bouncy bouncy....it does suck, big time, alot different than the stock ride, but only when i go over bumps.
i have had to slow down alot when i drive.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:48 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
hey katie, clean out your PM box so I can get you back.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:51 PM
teh Senior Instigator

ah fuck it, i'm almost off work so i'll just say hit here:

first off, really glad to see that the APC's aren't a permanent addition. W/ 26K (btw, where in the world did you find a car w/ that little mileage?) on it I give the shocks a few months w/ the APC's. But it really depends how low you go. The problem is going to be is that the ride is going to be horrible because there won't be enough throw in the shocks to absorb bumps, etc. But I think your target should be 2-3 months, it may be tomorrow, it may be never. Know what I'm saying?

good luck, and get some pics up woman!

- Scott
Old 05-02-2003, 03:22 PM
i want a bimmer =(

thanks ghander

i feel embarrassed that i even have them on my car, but sumtimes u do what u gotta do...

i got it from a local Acura dealership here in town, when i bought my CL it had 23k on it...guess i just got lucky!

and yeah, there was a guy at the shop that helped us w/ the coilovers, he knows hondas inside and out...and he said the same thing about "could be tomorrow, could be never" guess i'll just keep my fingers crossed...it looks awesome w/ it being so low now...but i dont have camber kits either so it is definetly coming up some...until it's a 1.75/2.00 inch drop....something to where it wont sacrifice the camber/shocks too bad...

i thought i read somewhere on here that there was a certain drop that u could do w/ really needing camber kits...do you or anyone else, remember anything about that?

ugh...look's like overtime is in my future...
Old 05-02-2003, 04:45 PM
teh Senior Instigator

that would be the prokit, it's a hit or miss w/ a camber kit. But I swear by the pro-kit, best riding springs available for our car. I'd still have them if they went as low as I'd want them to go.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
katie get some pics i would like to see how the car looks on coilovers how does it ride, stiff? hey katie with coilbvers they are a lot stiffer and your shocks will go out twice as quick
Old 05-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by ghander
that would be the prokit, it's a hit or miss w/ a camber kit. But I swear by the pro-kit, best riding springs available for our car. I'd still have them if they went as low as I'd want them to go.
With a 1.75 - 2.00 inch drop and no camber.. say goodbye to your tires.... and the prokit does ride nice.. but I personally like to mini-hop on the highway.. The best ride I have ever felt was Tein Full Body Coilovers because of the dampening...
Old 05-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Instructor

oh yeah Kate when they say you don't need a camber they are talking about the prokit.. wich eibach says 1.4 drop but really 1.75... but I remember driving with a camber... I went through a set of tires like that.. of course I have 35 series tires...
Old 05-03-2003, 04:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by acurastatus
With a 1.75 - 2.00 inch drop and no camber.. say goodbye to your tires.... and the prokit does ride nice.. but I personally like to mini-hop on the highway.. The best ride I have ever felt was Tein Full Body Coilovers because of the dampening...

About 50% of people haven't had camber problems w/ the prokit, but it really depends on the car. We've dropped cars 2" at the shop I use to help at and no kit was needed, but yet have dropped cars 1" and needed it. Each and every car is different, it really depends on the car.

And I agree, TEINS ROCK!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

i have the prokits with tokicos and i have camber but its not that bad. I have -.9 in the right front and -1.2 in the left front. I put an ingalls camber kit on but it added too much positive camber even with the min setting. I had + camber after the kit and the control arm would rub with the inner fender. So i took it off. If anyone wants the camber kit..ill sell it for $60.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:43 PM
i want a bimmer =(

hmmm...yes, well thanks for all the input guys, i dont think i will be getting those Prokits, i would rather pay for camber kits, i dont think that 1.75 could ever be low enough for me.

yeah i am in a bit of a delimma...i dont know whether to replace my shocks w/ the APC CO's and i dont wanna spend alot of money on replacement shocks....just something that will get me through until i can replace the entire suspension right, which like i said will be in august at the latest...so i just need some shocks that are affordable, that will do until then...any suggestions?

thanks again, all u guys have been such a great help!