Things to do this weekend to the CL

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008 | 10:05 AM
Racer

Things to do this weekend to the CL

I'm taking my car to firestone this weekend to have a bunch of stuff looked and and hopefully swapped, most under warranty:

1. Clutch and Flywheel (hopefully the guy will be able to use the Flywheel under warranty)

2. Losing oil somewhere, hopefully they can locate it and get it fixed...under warranty.

3. Window regulators (warranty)

4. Timing Belt and Water Pump ( My warranty states that the Water pump is under warranty)

5. Synchros (Warranty)

This guy is usually pretty good with me regarding my warranty if you can tell I basically told him when I got the car and brought it in for a service that I would give them all the work they could get out of my warranty before it's up and he had no problem with it...so hopefully all this with my deductible ($100) wont come to more than a grand or so.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:44 AM
1999 CL3.0

Firestone?

questionable..
Old 04-09-2008 | 11:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dragon084
Firestone?

questionable..

yea ive heard mixed reviews, but after a year with no problems with them, and they treat me well, dont try and push anything...plus the fact theyre williing to do basically anything on my warranty that other shops were sayign "thats not coevred by warranty"..after showing them it was, and having firestone call the warranty company and get everything squared away and all set, theyve been pretty good, so far theyve done work where my warranty has basically paid itself off. I'm trying to get everything out of it that I can hahahaha.
Old 04-09-2008 | 11:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by gotguinness?
I'm taking my car to firestone this weekend to have a bunch of stuff looked and and hopefully swapped, most under warranty:

1. Clutch and Flywheel (hopefully the guy will be able to use the Flywheel under warranty)

2. Losing oil somewhere, hopefully they can locate it and get it fixed...under warranty.

3. Window regulators (warranty)

4. Timing Belt and Water Pump ( My warranty states that the Water pump is under warranty)

5. Synchros (Warranty)

This guy is usually pretty good with me regarding my warranty if you can tell I basically told him when I got the car and brought it in for a service that I would give them all the work they could get out of my warranty before it's up and he had no problem with it...so hopefully all this with my deductible ($100) wont come to more than a grand or so.
That's a heck of a lot of work for a weekend..sounds like a nice wait Wasn't there a service bulletin for our cars regarding oil leaks?
Old 04-09-2008 | 11:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by phrocker
That's a heck of a lot of work for a weekend..sounds like a nice wait Wasn't there a service bulletin for our cars regarding oil leaks?

Yes it is...I cant wait to feel the before and after.

Was there a bulletin? I don't remember seeing one, maybe I didnt look hard enough?
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:48 PM
Racer

I took a look and I think the TSB I remembered referred to 01-03 models, but I suppose it is possible you are experiencing the same problem
Old 04-10-2008 | 01:53 AM
The Hefty 2.2

firestone... ekkKK... I've only been there twice... but they are so secretive about everything it seems. I wanna be able to look at my car when it's getting worked on. I wanna be able to know that the people I'm paying are actually working on my car. This is why I go to independent shop mechanics. The person who takes your money, is the person working on your car, not afraid to show you what they're doing. It's just good business. Just for your information, firestone doesn't know what a camber kit is when doing an alignment.

but each to his own. Good luck. hope everything works out for ya.
Old 05-06-2008 | 12:50 PM
Racer

Just got the call back, It needs:

- Both front lower Ball Joints (warranty covered)

- Window Regulator, passenger side (Warranty covered)

- Apparently my AC lines were leaking freon, so theyre replacing them and giving it another AC Charge, not sure what this will make a difference in but...Warranty is covering it.

- Tranny Synchros (Warranty covering)

- I have been having low oil only after about 1,000 miles after a change, theyre looking into the lines and the regulator and if that's the problem, warranty is covering.

- Front pads and rotors + 1 new tire that I need ($400) and my $100 deductible comes to a total of $500 out of pocket expenses...Not to shabby for all that

On top of all that he said he got the warranty company to cover the cost of the entire inspection of the car which is the kicker.
Old 05-06-2008 | 08:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gotguinness?
Just got the call back, It needs:

- Both front lower Ball Joints (warranty covered)

- Window Regulator, passenger side (Warranty covered)

- Apparently my AC lines were leaking freon, so theyre replacing them and giving it another AC Charge, not sure what this will make a difference in but...Warranty is covering it.

- Tranny Synchros (Warranty covering)

- I have been having low oil only after about 1,000 miles after a change, theyre looking into the lines and the regulator and if that's the problem, warranty is covering.

- Front pads and rotors + 1 new tire that I need ($400) and my $100 deductible comes to a total of $500 out of pocket expenses...Not to shabby for all that

On top of all that he said he got the warranty company to cover the cost of the entire inspection of the car which is the kicker.
wow, awesome dude! glad to hear you fared well, sucks though that you had all those problems...

is this an after market warranty like the ones you find online? I've been thinking of getting one of those
Old 05-06-2008 | 09:28 PM
W WHIP.

damn, thats freaking awesome. haha congrats.
Old 05-07-2008 | 08:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by phrocker
wow, awesome dude! glad to hear you fared well, sucks though that you had all those problems...

is this an after market warranty like the ones you find online? I've been thinking of getting one of those

No I got it when I bought the car last December, I think it ran me about $1400 for 3 year. 36k miles....it's pretty much already paid for itself.

The guy there is really cool about it, I told him I want to get everything I can out of it and he was fine with it, sys that teh company is great to work with and take his word on everything...He shows me what he's replacing and why, really great guy...not a typical Firestone/pep boys manager or worker you'd expect.

I'm just doing the Tranny synchros for the hell of it to be honest , 1st and 2nd are a bit knotchy...but theyre not to bad.