thing i hate about the CL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008 | 01:12 PM
Racer

thing i hate about the CL

getting pulled over by a cop. ever since i got the car i got pulled over once a month and the windows not even tinted nor is the car modded. anyone agree?
Old 04-28-2008 | 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

um no, do you speed a lot? My car is heavily modded the law never gave me trouble about my tint, tinted tails, or system
Old 04-28-2008 | 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

ive gotten pulled over more im my cl than any other car ive ever owned combined. but i never get a ticket cause i just show them my military I.D. and they let me go.
Old 04-28-2008 | 01:21 PM
where is....

^because your car stays in the garage all yr
but no i havent been pull over for my tail tints,hids, playing music loud.
Old 04-28-2008 | 01:25 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

wow, interesting

I only got pulled over once in my CL, and that was because I was going 10 mph under the speed limit. First thing the cop asked me after he took my drivers license/reg. was 'what size are those rims?' Then I told him I was going slow because the roads are terrible on that stretch and I didn't wanna bend em, and he let me off with a smile.

The accord, on the other hand, I got pulled over numerous times in that thing. But a lot of that was my fault (altezzas back in the glory days, blinding foglights, etc).

To the poster: that really makes no sense whatsoever...not pointing you out or anything but either you're a minority and they're racially profiling, or you are pushing the limits of the law with your driving and you're getting what's coming to you. I highly doubt any cops would single out the CL, as the car has absolutely no 'rep' in any circles whatsoever.

I think it also depends on 'how' you mod your car, as cops usually harass the imports that are more 'sports aggressively' modded vs. 'luxury modded.' Fair? No. But we all have The Fast and Furious movie series to thank for that.
Old 04-28-2008 | 01:29 PM
smoked by a Focus

no probs from da man here either- just idiot kids in civics and neons revving their motors wanting to race at every fucking stop light I have the misfortune of meeting them at. you would think the 2 carseats in my back seat would be a dead giveaway, but I guess not.
Old 04-28-2008 | 03:13 PM
W WHIP.

stereotyping? idk.
Old 04-28-2008 | 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Man, I used to drive through a school zone every morning, with tint and tinted tail lights, with cops sitting and watching cars, they never said a word to me, thank god...
Old 04-28-2008 | 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I have gotten pulled over by a staty for 20 over, and got away with a seabelt fine. Gotten pulled over for "Marked Lanes" the cop came up and yelled at me first words "WERE YOU DRINKING" um no sir its like 9 oclock . I had three Afircan Cichlids (fish) in a bag i was liek i just bought these and im taking them home. I was doing the speed limit (for once) He said i was swerving through lanes but i lane changed 1 time. lmao. And i go stopped for doing doughnuts in the snow. But only had a seatbelt ticket, marked lanes warning, and speeding warning, i think i just have bad luck / im an idiot
Old 04-28-2008 | 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by swiftt5389
I have gotten pulled over by a staty for 20 over, and got away with a seabelt fine. Gotten pulled over for "Marked Lanes" the cop came up and yelled at me first words "WERE YOU DRINKING" um no sir its like 9 oclock . I had three Afircan Cichlids (fish) in a bag i was liek i just bought these and im taking them home. I was doing the speed limit (for once) He said i was swerving through lanes but i lane changed 1 time. lmao. And i go stopped for doing doughnuts in the snow. But only had a seatbelt ticket, marked lanes warning, and speeding warning, i think i just have bad luck / im an idiot
i would think that you're lucky to get away with minor fines for those actions, not unlucky for being pulled over.
Old 04-28-2008 | 04:14 PM
Car is Back

i only got pulled over going to north bay for no front license plate
Old 04-28-2008 | 04:21 PM
SANJOCL

Originally Posted by rice_pock3t_rock3t
i only got pulled over going to north bay for no front license plate

aww fuck dude i just got one of those.

i get pulled cause of racial profiling. . 3 times this year...

for the record. just cause someone has their arms sleeved doesnt mean he or she is a criminal.
Old 04-28-2008 | 06:36 PM
Instructor

i've been pulled over twice in the CL... once for going the wrong way on a one way street the other for my exhaust (which is legal )
Old 04-28-2008 | 06:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've only been pulled over once. The cop got out of his car right away which scared the shit out of me, and starting shining his light throughout my car. I asked him if there was a problem and he said that he got a broadcast for a white, two-door coupe, he he had the wrong car. Yeah, right. I was 10 minutes before curfew too (when I was 17), but never checked my license.

However, a local township cop almost ran a stop sign and broadsided me last night. That would have been a great story.
Old 04-28-2008 | 07:25 PM
Mom why is there two?

I used to get pulled over for noise disturbance even before the turbo thing
Old 04-28-2008 | 07:45 PM
140,000 miles young

How loud is the turbo thing ethenol?
Old 04-28-2008 | 07:50 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

No where in your post did you say WHY it was that you got pulled over, so I don't think it is the car... Persay.
Old 04-28-2008 | 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Old 04-28-2008 | 09:39 PM
Ballin' on a budget

Try driving a jeep and being 20. Now that was a cop magnet, haven't had a problem in the CL (Knock on wood)
Old 04-28-2008 | 10:03 PM
SANJOCL

Originally Posted by Doctorsound
Try driving a jeep and being 20. Now that was a cop magnet, haven't had a problem in the CL (Knock on wood)

nah that aint shit...tryin lookin like me and driving a bmw 740....hahhaha...yeah that wasnt a good day at all for me
Old 04-28-2008 | 10:08 PM
98 2.3 CL

the CL is pretty anonymous...
Old 04-28-2008 | 11:29 PM
Drifting

i got pulled over a bunch of times the last year i had my CL. it was stock. just depends on what you're doing and where.
Old 04-28-2008 | 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

pretty much every time a cop sees me I know im getting pulled over for front tints or no front plate, my shits a magnet
Old 04-29-2008 | 08:53 AM
Racer

maybe the fact that i am a minority and that my car is black has to do something with it. I mean the very first time i got pulled over this cop followed me for good 10 mins and then since i wasnt doing anything bad he pulls me over and says my temp plate is hard to see and he wanted to make sure its not stolen. I dont speed so thats not even an issue. Couple other time i got pulled over for not wearing seat belt or having front plate but ive done that with my other car and never got pulled over. numerous times i had a cop follow me till it was out of their jurisdiction.
Old 04-29-2008 | 11:19 AM
W WHIP.

I'm white, but I have dark ass tint for PA, atleast my rear window. And driving at 4am wasnt the smartest thing, but I was followed for a good 15 minutes..WELL out of the cops jurisdiction. Then a cop from my township followed him. So I had two cops on me, then I got pulled over for tint but was let go. But yeah, maybe your just in a bad part of town and they stereotype you cause your a minority with a dec. car.
Old 04-29-2008 | 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by wonton
maybe the fact that i am a minority and that my car is black has to do something with it. I mean the very first time i got pulled over this cop followed me for good 10 mins and then since i wasnt doing anything bad he pulls me over and says my temp plate is hard to see and he wanted to make sure its not stolen. I dont speed so thats not even an issue. Couple other time i got pulled over for not wearing seat belt or having front plate but ive done that with my other car and never got pulled over. numerous times i had a cop follow me till it was out of their jurisdiction.
I used to get followed in my TA all the time cuz it was brand new, and cops would follow me to their jurisdiction line, but I never gave them a reason to pull me over. But you gotta realize in most areas cops have nothing better to do, has very little to do with the type of car though
Old 04-29-2008 | 11:33 AM
Drifting

this is gonna turn into one of those cop bashing threads.
if you dont like cop attention dont mod your car, dont tint your windows and dont speed. simple as that.
Old 04-29-2008 | 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

There's nothing you can do about the cops, they are doing their job whether you like it or not
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:13 PM
Racer

dicorp, read my post. i have not modded my car nor do i have tints. i drive a 2.2 so speeding is not even something that i can do and i dont speed because im frugal when it comes to gas. dont even assume that im bashing at the cops because thats not the reason for this post. i just wanted a response from people if they agree or not if its a cop magnet.
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I disagree, I think only people that are heavily modded will agree with u, of course we don't live where u do either
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:43 PM
W WHIP.

yeah..where do you live btw?
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:48 PM
Racer

i live in wheeling, illinois but i do alot of driving in chicago and other parts of the suburbs. I can tell you that i have not gotten pulled over in the city because cops there have better things to do but in the burbs is where ive gotten pulled over many times and once on the highway by a state trooper.
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:53 PM
Drifting

dicorp, read my post. i have not modded my car nor do i have tints. i drive a 2.2 so speeding is not even something that i can do and i dont speed because im frugal when it comes to gas. dont even assume that im bashing at the cops because thats not the reason for this post. i just wanted a response from people if they agree or not if its a cop magnet.
i was responding to the posters after you, that were talking about being pulled over for tint, exhaust etc.

read your post? you posted one the most incoherent, lazily written sentences i've ever read. whatever dude, you got pulled over, it happens. stop crying.
Old 04-29-2008 | 01:59 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

eh im a firm believer of my quote:

*ehem

"FOOK THE COPS"

oh yea btw: pulled over cuz i "matched a profile of a drug dealer"
and the same cop said my wife medications had drugs in it. LOL

But the best part, i looked at him and said, did you find anything, OFFICERRRRR. he said not today. and i said, not anyday... HAVE A GREAT DAY OFFICERRRRR

he must have burnt on that one
Old 04-29-2008 | 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

I mean, I don't have a problem with cops in general and have a lot of respect for what they do but for fucks sake do they really not have anything better to do than to pull me over all the time My city barely has any crime so the cops around here get pretty bored, if I take a 5min drive into oakland I can pretty much do whatever, they cops are all busy tending to the latest homicide.
Old 04-29-2008 | 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

The burbs is where they have nothing to do, that is what I was refering to as well
Old 04-29-2008 | 03:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dicorp
i was responding to the posters after you, that were talking about being pulled over for tint, exhaust etc.

read your post? you posted one the most incoherent, lazily written sentences i've ever read. whatever dude, you got pulled over, it happens. stop crying.

no offense to you but i just asked a simple question to get some feed back on everyone else's experience but instead you just stated the obvious that didnt even answer my question. yea it happens but it doesnt justify me getting pulled over alot because the cops think that you stole the car or you look like youre unfit to drive that kind of a car. im pretty sure if you placed your self in my shoes you would feel discriminated also. as far as i know we live in a free country and if you feel like your rights are being taken away dont we have the right to speak for our freedom?
Old 04-29-2008 | 03:29 PM
Drifting

no offense to you but i just asked a simple question to get some feed back on everyone else's experience but instead you just stated the obvious that didnt even answer my question. yea it happens but it doesnt justify me getting pulled over alot because the cops think that you stole the car or you look like youre unfit to drive that kind of a car. im pretty sure if you placed your self in my shoes you would feel discriminated also. as far as i know we live in a free country and if you feel like your rights are being taken away dont we have the right to speak for our freedom?
your post was lacking. you didn't mention anything about the cop, the area this happened, how he communicated with you. instead you came to a forum, made an ignorately title thread " I hate the CL", like it's the car's fault. After which, numerous members commented on the CL being a very low key car and the fact that ur's is not modded. So the logical response is...well there isn't one. You got pulled over, it happens.

and don't start this freedom bullshit, you dont know what's it like to live a country where those are cleary taken away from you. the police are highly trained pros that are doing their job. whether you like it or not.
Old 04-29-2008 | 03:30 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by AznX TL
^because your car stays in the garage all yr
but no i havent been pull over for my tail tints,hids, playing music loud.

A car needs to be on the road before a cop can pull you over sir
Old 04-29-2008 | 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I've owned my car for how many years kiddies? Um, yeah 5 years next week, thanks, but I daily drove my car for 4 years b4 retiring her

Quick Reply: thing i hate about the CL