Is there an Acura Dealer Rating on this board

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there an Acura Dealer Rating on this board

Hey guys.

I just moved to York, PA and there is a huge Acura dealer here named Appple Acura.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what it was?

Also, do we have a list of "good" and "bad" Acura delears on this forum. I ran a search but did not find anything.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:34 PM
'07 November = STI

the place i bought my acura from sucked! they tried to trick me into buying everything!! bastards! ACURA OF LYNWOOD
Old 11-23-2003, 07:40 AM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Is there an Acura Dealer Rating on this board

Originally posted by keuka1
Hey guys.

I just moved to York, PA and there is a huge Acura dealer here named Appple Acura.

I have lived in York for just over 13 1/2 years now, and I have never ever used Apple Acura for anything - not even parts replacements. As I work south of Baltimore, I find it very convenient to use Frankel Acura, 10400 York Road, Cockeysville, Md. for all my service. I owned a '90 Legend Coupe when I moved here, and the service tech at the time (Jeff) treated the car as if it were his own which is something you don't find very often. When I was first interested in acquiring the CL-S, I went back to that dealership and found that Jeff was now in charge of the service bay and after not having dealt with them for 5 years he recognized me by name immediately and I got his insight to any potential problems with the cars based on their dealing with them. They sometimes seem to be a bit pricey on their service - justifying this by saying that it helps in case there are any warranty issues down the road - and I can point to a recent example where they went beyond what they were technically liable for. I recently took mine in for the auto tensioner recall, and I knew based on my vin that this was the only work I should have expected to have done. But when I picked up my car, they not only did the auto tensioner work, but replaced the water pump an the timing belt since my wp had the number 9 on the casing. No questions asked. I have had no problems with that dealership - except I insist that they do not allow the gentlemen in the rear to wash the car - and in the tradition of Jeff there are only 1 or 2 people there who are allowed to work on my car. I highly recommend them to anyone ... but getting back to your question, I avoid Apple at all costs.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Re: Is there an Acura Dealer Rating on this board

Hey guys.

Also, do we have a list of "good" and "bad" Acura delears on this forum. I ran a search but did not find anything.
Rallye is pretty good in NY, manhattan nothing bad, Paragon I heard was bad.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Instructor

Wow! Thank you for the input.

My first experience with Apple (over the phone) was not positive.

The "young guy" who could not answer simple questions and had to put me on hold several times-type of interaction.

Thanks again
Old 11-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Suzuka Master

I got my car at Frankel, and I've dealt with them a few times. so far nothin but thumbs up. obvioulsy the the service is a bit pricey, but they take care of you.

for instance, when i bought my car, it didnt come with the remote transmitters, so i did some research and found it was standard on all models. so i called 'em up, and sure enough they had 2 transmitters waiting for me next time i went there
Old 12-04-2003, 04:05 AM
Instructor

Well I went to Apple to get my 60k service done beacuse MD is just too far away for me to go for service.

Apple did a good job. I was surprized because over the phone contact I had initially was a little scary.

I did not need the full 60k stuff like tires rotated and air filter replaced.

Apple let me "pick & choose" what I wanted done. MT fluid replaced, oil change (with my mobil one oil) and radiator and brake flush and refill along with some other small things. Total cost was $205.00. Not bad becuase the equivalnt Honda 60k runs over $350.00.

So far so good...

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2003, 01:37 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Well I went to Apple to get my 60k service done beacuse MD is just too far away for me to go for service.
WTF? It's 35 miles from my garage to dealership, and I drive an addit 32 miles beyond that to work each/every day. I've also made the over 200 mile trip (1 way) to PAA to have some COMPTECH work done by Jens. My car is at Frankel right now ... took it in on Wednesday for the 30K svc, and the svc tech noticed that my front headlamps were showing signs of condensation (this only happened once b4 after the very 1st time I washed the car some 15 months ago) so he said he'd replace if he had in stock or order new if not. I also pointed out some scratches on my throttle manifold cover that weren't there b4 they did the auto tensioner (and water pump and timing belt) work, and they ordered a replacement which will arrive tomorrow. I'm forced to commute in a new TSX while mine get finished. Hope you have no problems with Apple, but I only live about 15 miles from them and I won't pull into their lot.