Thanks Tires Plus for FUCKING up my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:35 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Tires Plus for FUCKING up my car!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

They sold me tires 2 months ago that are now falling apart. I went back there tonight to show them that the sidewall of all 4 of the tires are splitting in half and rubbers peeling off...they said theyd have to order the special 18" size tire and in the meantime, put the better of the 2 tires on the front of the car.

So, they pull my car around back and i go stand outside to watch them. (ive never trusted places like this with my car)
The guy gets the reg lug nuts off fine and then gets to the wheel lock, starts using the air-wrench thingy like a mad man cuz he cant get it off and the FRONT HALF OF THE WHEEL LOCK BREAKS OFF! So, now i have a wheel lock with no head on it, no way to get it off.

He goes and tires the wheel lock on the other side...SAME THING HAPPENS! except this time, because of all the pressure, HE SNAPS THE WHEEL LOCK KEY IN HALF!!
So, they start to try to chip away at the remaining parts of the wheel locks with a chizzle...OPPS, he missed and put a BIG GASH in my newly re-painted re-finished wheels....

So finally they tell us to leave, leave the car here and call them back tomorrow to find out the progress on what they've done...Oh yea, and while i was leaving, they were pulling out the drill bits and trying to drill ALL THE WAY INTO THE STUD that the lug nut screws into. So then they have to take apart the rotor and put new studs on there ....

So, THANKS A WHOLE F*CKING LOT TIRES PLUS!!!

I will be expecting ALL new tires, new lugnuts, and your DAMN SURE their paying to re-finish my wheels of buy me new ones...

Oh yea, and now i cant go to work tomorrow cuz im without a car...AGAIN!!

sorry guys...i needed to vent....
Old 08-04-2003, 05:38 PM
its paid for

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks man. i only have the stock wheels but before i take it in to a tire place i even pull the stock shitty ass center covers off, had places bust em before and just stick them on there, and then calim it came like that.

but man that does suck...i'd be all over the owner with bills andf numbers for all the shit his empoyees just fucked up.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Banned

sorry to hear that bro, hope u get everything fixed
Old 08-04-2003, 06:02 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

sons-----of-----bitches :shakehd:
Old 08-04-2003, 06:05 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
it's common for wheel locks to break off, most of them are pieces of shit. Well it's not common but i've seen it happen quite often. Also, don't you dare leave w/o them taking responsibility of the wheel they ruined. They should make good on it, if not call up their head quarters.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by ghander
it's common for wheel locks to break off, most of them are pieces of shit. Well it's not common but i've seen it happen quite often. Also, don't you dare leave w/o them taking responsibility of the wheel they ruined. They should make good on it, if not call up their head quarters.

Well heres the thing...they said that when they drill the stuff out...the 2 wheels might get messed up...(there was only locks on 2 wheels) so they would pay to get them re-finished....how the hell would u refinish a wheel thats got a huge chunk missing because of a drill bit...?!?!

If they buy me new ones, the new ones wont match the 2 old ones because i had the old ones re-finished and re-painted...and im NOT driving around with 2 differend colored wheels...not to menchon the fact that the wheels changed looks too!! so im probably gonna get screwed here...i donno what to do...im goin over there tomorrow to see the dammage and check it out...i'll keep u all posted...

my wheels new are $225 each...

hypersilver (which i guess looks like chrome) is only $240 each.....so if they buy me 4 new ones...i might have to throw in the extra $$ and get the hyper silver...(only if it looks like chrome)

ADR GT SPORTS....18"x7.5

reg. silver
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/ADR/gtsport.gif

hypersilver
http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/ADR/gtsporths.gif
Old 08-04-2003, 06:58 PM

Has ANYONE been in this situation before...what are wise things to say!?! what do i do!?! i mean like ghander said, i will make sure everything looks right before i drive away...but is there anything elce i should know before talking to them??

someone told me they have a 6 month guarantee with anything they've done..
Old 08-04-2003, 07:05 PM
A-CL Totaled Member

I got screwed in a different way. I called around to get the best price on my new tires, and it turned out to be a place a friend had recommended, so I thought it was great. Well, it was pouring rain that day, and it was the first time I'd ever bought tires, so I just looked at them and drove home. Later that week I washed my car and found they had majorly scraped the edges of all the rims with the pry bar. Unfortunatly, I have no proof it was them. At the time I was planning on new rims anyway, but dont have a spare grand layin around. It's probably gonna be a bitch to straighten that out but I'll second ghander on not leaving without a check or something in writing.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:30 PM

yea, well they know i had just gotten the wheels re-finished and re-painted 2 months ago...i had the wheels done at the same time i ordered the tires...so the tires sat at their place for 2 days while we were waiting on the wheels..they know all about these wheels...

heres the thing...the new ADR GT Sports are different colors and look different...i hope they dont try to pull some " heres what we owe u for the 2 messed up wheels...bye! and i get stuck with 2 old wheels and 2 new wheels not matching...

all of this shit woudnt of happend if 1) they woudnt of tightened the lug nuts sooooo damn tight and 2) they woudntl of sold me tires with "tire rot" on them...
Old 08-04-2003, 10:13 PM
its paid for

i'd say if you have a digi cam or even a regular camera to take pics of the rims before you even drive out of the lot.

that way you have evidence if they try and back out on you.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Racer

damn i remember my friend got 4 brand new tires for his 02 wrx and just as we left the shop about 20 miles down the street it just happen to fall apart...when we stopped part of the tire was flappin n sheit...damn fuckin falken azenas...i think i spelled it wrong ...but the next day we bitched out the manager n they gave us the new tires in less than an hr..
Old 08-05-2003, 07:30 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
all I can say is if you have problems don't deal w/ the store. Call corporate. Corporate almost always solves the situation to your satisfaction.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by uiskibum
i'd say if you have a digi cam or even a regular camera to take pics of the rims before you even drive out of the lot.

that way you have evidence if they try and back out on you.
theres a camera in the car...i'll grab that and take some picts before i drive away...i have a feeling i'll end up having to put the 16"s back on cuz their gonna have to get the 18" re-finished again...
Old 08-05-2003, 12:31 PM

well they just called...they dammaged the wheels pretty bad they said...so now im gonna have to throw the 16" wheels back on...this is soo much bullshit...and now i need 2 more lugnuts that i cant find....no one carrys the size i need...i donno what to do...
Old 08-05-2003, 12:52 PM
teh Senior Instigator

why do you need a special size? Will stock not fit?
Old 08-05-2003, 12:52 PM
teh Senior Instigator

also what did they say about resolving the problem?
Old 08-05-2003, 02:25 PM

i had to call ADR wheels in SoCal....they told me about a place local that carrys their wheels that i could get the lugnuts at. the size i need is 12x1.5 but mine are loongg and narrow...everyone elces ive seen at the stores are short and fat...but i finally found some..the confirmed that the wheels are jacked up...im guessing they will pay to fix them...im gonna have to throw the 16"s back on...although i dont have rubber for them so Tires Plus is probably gonna have to give me some loaner rubber for a week or 2 while the wheels are gettin re-finished....Im going there in about an hour so later tonight i'll tell a what happens...(i wish i had a digi so i could post some picts for u all...
Old 08-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Old Man

What ever happened to quatlity service and having pride in your workmanship???
Old 08-05-2003, 04:26 PM
HOOK EM HORNS

what kind of tires did you get so ill know not to get them?
Old 08-06-2003, 07:04 AM

well...i got continentials..here

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

their really good tires...mine were just rare to have this problem..it was a defect in the tire mold compound...im sure others would be fine...mine 2 were just unlucky to be the defective ones...anyway, i took picts of the dammage...they got a little toooo happy with the air-chizzle thingy...put a bunch of dents and holes in the rims...they are gonna pay to get them refinished...im sure the wheels wont ever look the same but its not as bad of damage than i thought it would be...so hopfully things will work out...we will see....if i can take a few more picts i will get the film devoloped and show u all....
Old 08-14-2003, 10:04 PM
non cl drvier

hey dude i used to work for tires plus here in cali. never had any situation like yours but i know exactley how to screw them over. just keep bitching them out and demand that either you get the EXACT same wheels or money to buy a BRAND new set of matching wheels. make sure you get the tires at LEAST half off, no charge for labor, new locks of course and make sure you go with gorilla locks i ve been in the tire business for four years and have never seen any of the gorilla locks go bad. of course they need to compensate for your lost days of work where you make a lot of extra cash in tips that are magically not traceable hint hint hint and then of course if the manager doesn't wanna help you out with all of this just mention BAR while you say that you are gonna call the district manager. worse come to worse you file a complaint with BAR which is no charge to you and you will get all of your money that is feasable. but 99.9% chances are that once you bring it up with the store's district manager it wont go that far because DM are jerks and all he's gonna do is cut you a check with money that he's just gonna take from that particular store. and if you are still mad at the store when all of this is over and settled all you have to is go drop BAR a hint that the store is not safe. sorrry about the long message but something about your thread just sparked a four year pent up frustration marathon!!! good luck
Old 08-14-2003, 10:27 PM
LivesInACLDownByTheRiver

Dude this is fucking bullsheist. Is this the one on 75th street? Or where is it, So I never fucking go there!!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:21 AM

tires plus...119th & metcalf by rosana square....
Old 08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
LivesInACLDownByTheRiver

aahhhhhh yes, I have friends that have had problems there.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:58 AM

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!!!! FUCK IT!!! THIS IS SOOO MUCH BULLSHIT!!!

They said they would order me 2 new replacement tires for the ones that are seprating right now...THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO!!! they keep telling me the tires got lost in the mail and they will have to call continential and find out some bull shit!!!

i have been driving on tires that are unsafe and splitting in peices!!! AND THEY CANT SEEM TO GET ME 2 NEW ONES!?!!

WHAT THE HELL KINDA BUSINESS IS THIS!?!?!?! IF MY TIRES BLOW OUT WHILE IM DRIVING, SOMEONE IS GETTIN SUED for this!!!......i mean how long does it take a tire to get shipped here??!!? maybe a few days?? NOT 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!

and how the hell could 2 tires get lost in the fucking mail!?!?!?! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i had to vent...
Old 08-16-2003, 10:00 AM
LivesInACLDownByTheRiver

you need to contact the BBB, Better Business Bureau. Or see if they are members of the Chamber Of Commerce. You need to go to someone that can help you with your situation. Look em up.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Advanced

If I were you I would call your insurance company or a lawyer to negotiate a better deal
Old 08-16-2003, 11:18 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their insurance will pay for it. Town Fair Tire around here was changing tires on my sis's 99 TL and hit something in the right front. Didn't say anything when she paid for the tires, then she looking at her new tires and i am looking at the damage. Sure enough, she goes and asks them if they did it and they confessed. Sneaky bastads, but she got a new bumper paint job out of the deal.
BTW Acura3.0CL, Maybe it was just me, but i told you to stay away from Conti tires when you were asking opinions. I have heard bad stories about them, nothing to your extreme though.