Stereo Problem, Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Problem, Please Help!!

This is my first post on these forums, so please bear with me. I searched for advice on how to install a stereo and amp on these forums, with some great directions. Today I just installed an Infinity Basslink (works just fine), and a Sony CDX-M610 Head Unit (pulled from my old integra and used to work fine). I just turned it on, and the radio works perfectly as does the Basslink. Now I inserted a CD, and only the bass comes out from the Infinity Basslink and nothing from the stock Acura speakers. Does anyone know what may be the problem? I didn't bypass the Bose amp by the way.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm a llama :(

You need to get new speakers I believe. You can't use Bose speakers cause it's different ohm's.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
10th Gear

But how come I get music from the stock bose speakers when the radio is on?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Check out our A.V. forum. Some pretty helpful people in there.

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/
Old 06-01-2005, 02:14 PM
10th Gear

Thanks!! will do
Old 06-01-2005, 07:37 PM
The new ride

Connect the remote turn on wire from the Sony HU to the blue antenna wire on the harness between the factory plug and HU. The antenna wire on the new harness goes to the amp turn on wire on the factory plug, therefore when the radio is on, it turns on the amp, when the cd player is on, since it is REALLY an antenna wire, it turns off the amp becasue normally it would be controlling a power antenna and would make it go down when the cd player is on. If you need a pic of what im talking about let me know.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
alright alright alright!!

I had the same problem - you need an adapter. The Bose system runs off a 1 Ohm load, while aftermarket decks run at a higher ohm (I don't remember the exact load). Trust me - get the adapter. I love my Bose speakers!! Just go to any reputable stereo shop and they can hook you up.

Hope this helps -
Old 06-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Saucin

so i have had some problems as well, i hook up my head unit. its a panasonic CQ-DF801U and it turns on powers great but no noise, was in an integra but he had it hooked up to crossovers and shit but i tried to rewire and that didnt would, should i just install all the componenets and stuff and will that fix it or am i doing something wrong?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mulk
Connect the remote turn on wire from the Sony HU to the blue antenna wire on the harness between the factory plug and HU. The antenna wire on the new harness goes to the amp turn on wire on the factory plug, therefore when the radio is on, it turns on the amp, when the cd player is on, since it is REALLY an antenna wire, it turns off the amp becasue normally it would be controlling a power antenna and would make it go down when the cd player is on. If you need a pic of what im talking about let me know.

thats my boy.....

everyone thinks you have to get new speakers, or bypass the bose amp.. lada dada... it works great if you do this..^^^^ no adapter needed. no "hook up" at a local shop, who will tell you they need to re wire your entire car and charge you 300$ + to do this. i did the same thing and mine works perfect. in fact alot of people have done it this way...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by wilp99
thats my boy.....

everyone thinks you have to get new speakers, or bypass the bose amp.. lada dada... it works great if you do this..^^^^ no adapter needed. no "hook up" at a local shop, who will tell you they need to re wire your entire car and charge you 300$ + to do this. i did the same thing and mine works perfect. in fact alot of people have done it this way...

I didn't bypass the amp - I put the adapter in series (between the HU and Bose amp) so the signal would get down to the needed 1 Ohm load. And the adapter is just a bunch of resistors in a plastic box - cost me $20.

But I'm still curious on how/why you would want to hook up to the antenna lead? I like my speakers to work when I'm playing a CD... Maybe I'm just really confused and having a brain fart
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Peace, Love & Acura

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My JVC kicks ass coupled to the Bose amps. I've had no problems at all.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bird10
I didn't bypass the amp - I put the adapter in series (between the HU and Bose amp) so the signal would get down to the needed 1 Ohm load. And the adapter is just a bunch of resistors in a plastic box - cost me $20.

But I'm still curious on how/why you would want to hook up to the antenna lead? I like my speakers to work when I'm playing a CD... Maybe I'm just really confused and having a brain fart
some radio's only have a power antenna lead from the rear of the deck instead of a remote wire. it just makes your power antenna go up when the radio is on. it does the same thing as the remote wire does for an amp. and some people use it so they dont have to split the remote wire for the sub amp and bose amp..

i origionally got the box from walmart that converts the power to 1ohm.. but i thought id try it with the amp wire and it worked perfect. it is an amp powering an amp, but it actually sounds pretty good... ive had mine like this for over a year now, and no problems. and i listen to my shit LOUD.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by wilp99
some radio's only have a power antenna lead from the rear of the deck instead of a remote wire. it just makes your power antenna go up when the radio is on. it does the same thing as the remote wire does for an amp. and some people use it so they dont have to split the remote wire for the sub amp and bose amp..

i origionally got the box from walmart that converts the power to 1ohm.. but i thought id try it with the amp wire and it worked perfect. it is an amp powering an amp, but it actually sounds pretty good... ive had mine like this for over a year now, and no problems. and i listen to my shit LOUD.

thanks man - makes sense -