Someone broke my window!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 05:01 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone broke my window!

My passenger window got smashed in tonight after I left the movies here in Austin,TX. Damn this sucks. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you in the future. They didn't even take anything but they bent the door where the handle is. This really sucks. Radar detector, CD's, DVD's, Stereo, DVD player, etc wasn't even touched.

------------------
Mike Swing
Old 06-21-2001, 05:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there a bar anywhere nearby? I bet that someone was drunk when they did it. So sorry to hear..

------------------
Tw1112
Old 06-21-2001, 12:16 PM
Advanced

------------------
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium - 30k
1993 Honda Accord LX - 114k
1992 Volvo 240 - 175k
Old 06-21-2001, 12:34 PM
Cruisin'

Look on the bright side... A broken window is cheaper than a broken window and stolen Radar detector, CD's, DVD's, Stereo, DVD player. My friends prelude got broken into, they tried drilling the locks on both sides, then tried prying the door handles. When that didn't work, they broke the window. They stole everything. Here's the kicker... he let his insurance lapse the day before.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

yea i feel ya, i had my previous car broke into, they popped the lock on the passenger side right off. stole my alpine deck and all my CD's, the deck didn't bother to much cause i got that from the street anyway...but all the CD's hurt me hard, i'm still trying to recover from all the music that i lost..

------------------
98 CL 3.0, Bright White, bone stock.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:16 PM
Burning Brakes

My younger brother had some "friends" over my house to play video games and one of them decided to take a spare set of keys to my car. He waited until I got home at 3 am, and took my car. I was shopping for a new car and on the 3rd day as I was walking home, I see my car in the same spot that I left it. It was hit in 3 places and had the spare tire on. $2k in damage, $1 k in personal stuff gone mostly CD's. I saw the kid 2 hours later and called the cops. They found him, with the keys "near him".

Since he was a minor I couldn't do anything. Insurance paid for the damage, I lost my deductible and my personal items (no renter's insurance at the time).

It was his 7th offense for stealing cars!

-------------
'98 Black 3.0 CL
Currently --
Tint, Fog lights, Clear corners, TL rear lettering, factory spoiler.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:43 PM
Pro

Everyone else's stories suck too & hope this doesn't happen to any one us anymore. One good thing I did find out when I had my door bent back in place at the Acura Dealership is that they have a lot of 'spare' parts sittin around. I got Acura emblems I needed for free from the technician and he said he'll try to get the HID's from another car for me after he finds out how to mount all of it in for me. I gotta pay him a little but its cool. Go to your local Acura body shop for spare parts!

------------------
Mike Swing
Old 06-23-2001, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by melo72:
My younger brother had some "friends" over my house to play video games and one of them decided to take a spare set of keys to my car. He waited until I got home at 3 am, and took my car. I was shopping for a new car and on the 3rd day as I was walking home, I see my car in the same spot that I left it. It was hit in 3 places and had the spare tire on. $2k in damage, $1 k in personal stuff gone mostly CD's. I saw the kid 2 hours later and called the cops. They found him, with the keys "near him".

Since he was a minor I couldn't do anything. Insurance paid for the damage, I lost my deductible and my personal items (no renter's insurance at the time).

</font>
Id tie the little pice of crap to a tree in the middle of the woods and let the bugs eat him alive

------------------
1997 2.2 CL
Red ext.
Black Leather int.
Tinted Windows
Removed Air Silencer
K&N Air Filter
MTX 15" and 800 Watt Amp
Old 06-24-2001, 01:04 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by melo72:

OH MY GOD! I would have F!@#$^#$ killed him, minor or not

-------------
'98 Black 3.0 CL
Currently --
Tint, Fog lights, Clear corners, TL rear lettering, factory spoiler.
</font>

------------------
'97 2.2CL (5 spd)cleared bumbers, pedals, superwhite gauges, stock chromed rims (wanted to keep the original CL feel)Sony ES CDX-M750 head unit,Nokia hands free kit,35% on the windows..
My CL Page
Old 06-24-2001, 04:17 AM
Adrienne

The story about the minor... that reminds me of a story one of my friends told me the other night. He works for the local fire dept, and one night they got a call for this kid who was driving his parents' brand new Explorer drunk, and he drove down the bike path and finally hit a tree large enough to stop him... well his parents got to the scene before the cops did, and his dad, a lawyer, signed the firemen's waiver saying that the kid wasn't hurt and didn't need medical assistance, and got him the F out of there before the cops could come, so the kid didn't get any drunk driving charges... talk about family values. If I'd been that kid's dad, I'd have let them take his damn license away from him for a year. He totalled their brand new SUV, was driving DRUNK, a danger to society... he's lucky there were no bikers on that bike path!!!

Argh.

Sorry Mike, about your window. That really sucks. Are you absolutely sure you didn't have like, your future fiance's engagement ring under the seat or something?

------------------
I love you guys.