Rubber?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Rubber?

I have a piece of rubber starting to come out of my drivers side window when I power my window up. It is starting to pop out, on the outside of the window.

It's bogging my window down REAL bad when I try to power up/down.. Like I need that shit, with a motor that wants to die naturally.

The piece is coming out of the "window part" meaning that when I power the window up, it starts to kinda try to come out too.

I tried to pull it out and (maybe unfortunatly) got about 90% out. It seem like some kind of soft rail that the window rides in when the window is down.

Should I completly pull the thing out, or should I open up the inside part of the door and reset it.

I also dont know how to open the inside part of my door. I did a search of how to iopen the door, but cant get a real answer.

My Car is FINALLY Paid off and knew shit would happen to me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks A Bunch!!!

How do I open the inside of the door to reset this stupid piece of rubber?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:01 AM
'07 November = STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hm.. do u think u could take a pic for us? cant u just glue the rubber down or something?

if u really want to take the door panel off.. there are about 3 screws.. and the rest are like clips that u gently pop off on the edges..
Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink

you mean the rubber and fuzzy strip in the door panel at the top? if so i had the same prob(pass side).i ripped mine out. no probs as of yet.(couple months gone)

DISCLAIMER:
keep in mind i'm a moron and sometimes lack common sense
Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 PM
chips and smokes, lets go

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by subbuzz
you mean the rubber and fuzzy strip in the door panel at the top? if so i had the same prob(pass side).i ripped mine out. no probs as of yet.(couple months gone)

DISCLAIMER:
keep in mind i'm a moron and sometimes lack common sense

Old 09-02-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts

so damn true though
Old 09-02-2006, 02:50 PM
1997 CL 3.0 Premium (K)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem, it scares me. I wonder if water gets in when I wash it. Does your squeel realllllly loud? Mine does and it is just awful.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro

Yea, I'll take shots tomm. I hope I can just re-set this thing.

I tried to search it but does anyone have the link or page for opening the inside of the door to change out the POS window motor? Couldnt find it in the DIY.

I'll take a few shot once the door is open.

Thanks!
W
Old 09-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro

Actually I just need the info on how to take off the interior door skin. I found a DIY for the motor replacement, but it doesn't show what tools / how to take off the panel.

Thanks!
W
Old 09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro

Pics for

Pics for the cluster fu&% rubber trim that was sticking out the top of my window.

Here's the story: Window tint started to "shrink" leaving glue residue on the window. When I powered the window down, this glue stuck to the rubber and eventially pulled it up and out of the metal runner that the window rides in when it's down. This rubber piece sits inside a runner keeping the window tight and as to not let it rattle around when down.

This is the piece sticking up out of the top of my window. I had pulled it up as far as I could with pliers to try to pull it out:

Here is the piece that I pulled out of the window:

This is the inside of my door. Notice the rustyish metal track that the window rides in and the rubber should be installed in:

Notice thats its WAAayy the "F" back in the door where it aint' easy gettin to.

I cut a opening in the top of the rubber piece (you can see I fukd up the original top with pliers pulling it out of the window in the first pic). This cut allowed the window to ride back in the rubber, once I re-installed it.

I basically trimmed the piece, applied glue and stuffed it back in the rail. Once the glue dried, I lubed the rubber piece where the window would ride. She's all good now.

I wasn't going to put the rubber piece back in, but thought I better, so I dont have a rattly ass window.

Sorry I didn't get any shots of the finished product. I was hot, pissed off, sweaty, mosquitoes were killin', and in general, wanted to get the fukn thing back together.

Oh the big secret tio getting the door panel back on, is TAKE THE DOOR LOCK AND OPENING HANDLE OFF!!!!! AHhhhhh!! What a pain in the ass. Once I figured this out, it wasnt' too bad.