Ready to install my DLS 6.5 components...?'s on optimal way to run door wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 04:45 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Ready to install my DLS 6.5 components...?'s on optimal way to run door wires

I've done extensive searching on this topic, and had a few 'detailed' questions that the searches didn't seem to answer. So I understand that the leads for the front woofer/tweeter are shared and not separate. Bummer . This being the case, where exactly along the line are the 'resistors' placed? Obviously I'm thinking they're somewhere before both the midbass and tweeter drivers, as how else would the two recieve their appropriate frequencies.

I guess essentially I'm just trying to find out the 'easiest' way to install these new components run from my xtant amp and bypassing the bose amp with the least amount of work.

I was thinking this: unplug bose amp, run wires for fronts coming from my xtant into the DLS crossovers...but after the crossovers is where I'm stumped.

Since there's only one shared pair of stock leads for each side of Bose speakers, how would I go about wiring from the crossovers to the new speakers? I'm just really pissed that the Boses dont have seperate +/- leads for the midbass and tweeters, as this just makes the whole install more complicated. Any tricks I can use to utilize as much of the factory wiring possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-05-2008 | 06:56 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

nevermind, I think I'm just gonna do it the traditional way and run the wires all the way up to the doors (seperately). got 50 feet of speaker wire and gonna mount the crossovers in the trunk next to the bose amp for ease of access. hoping all I'll have to do is remove the speaker grill's up front and run the wire into them so I won't have to remove the entire door panel, but we'll see.
Old 05-06-2008 | 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Let us know how you do, I still gotta run through my doors and dash