put yourself in my shoes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:41 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
I had around 40k in cash that i was going to blow on a G35 coupe, test drove it, loved it but when it came to parting with the cash i couldnt. It is now in a roth IRA where it will stay hopefully until retirement. Yea im 23 and i have 40k i could blow on something that will only decrease in value or i could save and have literally over a million from that same 40 grand. Moral of the story, save the money you will appreciate it later (well thats what i keep trying to convince myself of). I am currently saving for a house and it sucks that my car is having problems and i may have to find somehting else but it is pushing 300K. Your car will make it, so keep it and get that tranny problem fixed Good luck

Sorry just saw you plan
40k i wish i had 40k at this point. good plan though. i got a little something in a 401k for later but thats it. that why im gonna wait on the cl-s its value goesdown everyday (not that much cuz its a honda).gonna wait till i have more $$$ saved and can save/live while i make payments(lower).but
who knows anything can happen.gotta make a plan to back up the plan.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm a llama :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
I had around 40k in cash that i was going to blow on a G35 coupe, test drove it, loved it but when it came to parting with the cash i couldnt. It is now in a roth IRA where it will stay hopefully until retirement. Yea im 23 and i have 40k i could blow on something that will only decrease in value or i could save and have literally over a million from that same 40 grand. Moral of the story, save the money you will appreciate it later (well thats what i keep trying to convince myself of). I am currently saving for a house and it sucks that my car is having problems and i may have to find somehting else but it is pushing 300K. Your car will make it, so keep it and get that tranny problem fixed Good luck

Sorry just saw you plan
You are so smart! I wish I was as smart as you. I'm just trying to get out of debt I can't even think about saving money.