60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Prokits or Sportlines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 03:35 AM
Cause stock sux.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prokits or Sportlines?

Can someone post pics of both drops? I'm debating which one to get. Keep in mind Sportlines need camber, Prokits don't. And Atlanta is rather "inclined" at certain areas.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:02 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: Prokits or Sportlines?

Originally posted by Got Rice?
Can someone post pics of both drops? I'm debating which one to get. Keep in mind Sportlines need camber, Prokits don't. And Atlanta is rather "inclined" at certain areas.

umm. my sportlines DID NOT need a camber kit!!!!!

Check my pics!!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:12 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pro-Kit.

Old 07-03-2002, 02:00 PM
Lurker

Dude...if you want awesome handling, go with the sportlines. I don't need a camber kit either AND i'm riding on stock shocks!!! I'm probably gonna get some adjustable shocks in a month or so...but so far they're awesome! IMO sportlines are the best springs you can buy.....
Old 07-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Lurker

Re: Re: Prokits or Sportlines?

Originally posted by Casper98CL

umm. my sportlines DID NOT need a camber kit!!!!!

Check my pics!!!!
Sup Casper....

It might be just me, but in your "rear angle 2" pic #5....it looks like you have some crazy camber issues with your rear wheels. It might just be the pic tho!
Old 07-04-2002, 02:28 AM
Cause stock sux.

I'm just curious...How much ground clearance are you guys getting with the sport lines?
Old 07-04-2002, 03:22 AM
kee-master

i say do the prokit... it looks nice.. and u don't sacrafice that much ground clearance... i mean.. of course it'll look better if it's lower... but u mentioned about a few inclines in atlanta.... u don't really wanna drive around and have to think about bottoming out ALL the time right? you are suppose to just driving and enjoy the ride..

just my 2 cents..

hg
Old 07-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Learnin the game still !!

I'm riding on sportlines...no camber no new shocks...and i'm riding fine. The ride is stiffer and I dont bottom out that much just have to be careful going over speed bumps. JMO but a pro-kit dosen't even look like a drop to me if i didn't know CL well. (i.e. check out the wheel well space and a CL with pro-kits, then look at like a Civic or sumthin not much difference) Sportlines are off the MF chain, promise.
Old 07-04-2002, 03:06 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
honsestly you guys have got to be kidding me if you are saying your sportlines didn't need a camber kit. And if you are on stock shocks they won't last for long.

I have a picture of my car w/ 18"s w/ both the prokit and the sportlines. But they aren't on this computer. I'll get them for you when i get home.
Old 07-04-2002, 03:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
i recommend the prokit over the sportlines. I love my sportlines, but most civilized people wouldn't
Old 07-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by ghander
honsestly you guys have got to be kidding me if you are saying your sportlines didn't need a camber kit. And if you are on stock shocks they won't last for long.

I have a picture of my car w/ 18"s w/ both the prokit and the sportlines. But they aren't on this computer. I'll get them for you when i get home.
That would be tight. Thanx.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

heres the prokit w/ 18"s
Old 07-05-2002, 01:38 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Re: Re: Re: Prokits or Sportlines?

Originally posted by Limmerz

Sup Casper....

It might be just me, but in your "rear angle 2" pic #5....it looks like you have some crazy camber issues with your rear wheels. It might just be the pic tho!

yea, he's got some camber issues, it's not bad, but it's not great, it'll just cause some premature tire wear.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

here are the sportlines w/ 18"s

Old 07-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Lurker

ghander...

how would you say the pro-kits performed opposed to the sportlines???

I love my sportlines to death. It handles like a dream now. (at least compared to stock!) and I love the drop. It's freakin perfect. I'll get some pics up soon...as soon as I develop my pics and find someone with a scanner....i think it looks REAL tight....you'll see!
Old 07-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Thats my Girl!!

just get the prokit.. cause adventully you are going have to get some shocks.. and im sure your not going to get stock shocks agian..

like my case.. i got prokit and it was little to high for me..

and then i got tokico blues.. they lowered about another inch or so..

so i got springs and shocks and they came about same hight as the sportline does..

so im very happy with the set up.. and it handles awsome!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by YBlegal
just get the prokit.. cause adventully you are going have to get some shocks.. and im sure your not going to get stock shocks agian..

so i got springs and shocks and they came about same hight as the sportline does..

Yea...I'm pretty sure thats what I'm doing. I love the sportline drop, but for all practical purposes, it might be too low. Most likely I'll get one of those KYB AGX/Prokit combos I see on the net all the time.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:20 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by Limmerz
ghander...

how would you say the pro-kits performed opposed to the sportlines???

I love my sportlines to death. It handles like a dream now. (at least compared to stock!) and I love the drop. It's freakin perfect. I'll get some pics up soon...as soon as I develop my pics and find someone with a scanner....i think it looks REAL tight....you'll see!

the sportlines handle real well, but honestly, i wouldn't say they handle much better then the pro-kit. I loved the pro-kit the car handled like a fuckin dream w/ them on. I was able to go as hard as i wanted, and now w/ the sportlines they rub when i really really get on it.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:22 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by YBlegal

yea shocks will ower a little bit, i don't know how you got a full inch out of your tokico blues though. They only go about .2-.3" lower.

These pics are w/ the eibach springs and tokico blues.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:24 AM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ghander

yea shocks will ower a little bit, i don't know how you got a full inch out of your tokico blues though. They only go about .2-.3" lower.

These pics are w/ the eibach springs and tokico blues.

shit man so ur sayin that u rub ??? i got the same setup sittin in my room just waitin to be put on ... im ridin on 18's too fuck i was told that they ride perfect

MaCe
Old 07-06-2002, 03:00 AM
steady gruuvin'

anyone that has the sportline kit will tell you it's better....that's what i got and my handles really well.....i was coming home earlier tonight going around some swirving ass corners doin about 55-60....then there was a huge dip in the road so i had to slam on my brakes....I got a camber kit on it, but that's just cause it was recommended to me.....my alignment was still fucked though....i had to take it to les schwab about 25 minutes from my house so they they could do it.....the one up the street didn't have a pit, they were gonna have to drive up over the raising thing, and my car was too low to even get the front tires on it...now my car handles even better....
Old 07-07-2002, 02:07 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by PoPlaya
anyone that has the sportline kit will tell you it's better

i don't know about that, i seem to be the only person who has had both and i prefer the pro-kit for everyday driving. I've gone through 6 different sets of springs, and either way, go eibach for sure.

and MACE, you have a 2.2, you'll be fine, your car won't sit as low as mine does up front.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:57 PM
A-CL Understudy

Whats up fellas

i just got a 97 2.2 CL and i want to put some ebiach prokit springs on my ride but when springs bottom out is it possible to fix it then and there or do you need to take it to a shop or somehting.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:47 PM
K-State Wildcat

Our cars do not have shocks... two pairs of struts... much better.