Pro Kit came in today!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro Kit came in today!!

I received my pro-kit today by ups.. now i just gotta buy some shocks.. are kyb's koni yellows? i know i can get koni yellows from importhorizon.com for the 94-97 accord for $510. Is there any others that are just as good for cheaper? or do you know where i can buy koni yellows for cheaper than that? Any inquery would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys..

oh yea one more thing? anyone know anything about cambers? what kind.. how much? where to buy? thanks again!

-Rick
Old 06-11-2003, 05:11 PM
nothing

yes, get koni yellows. trust me, spend the extra money and do it right the 1st time and youll have no regrets. dont try to save money on a cheaper shock like tokico blues or kyb agx's (no offense to anybody who has the kyb's or blues). my tokicos are blown after only 6 months, but some people's have lasted a lot longer. and the kybs on my brothers car are on their way out as well (sportline drop). ive spent more money on springs and shocks in the past year than it would have cost me to get tien ss in the 1st place. now i have to spend 500 more to get neuspeed/koni sports because theyre the only shocks that can handle a 2.5" drop with no worries.... i can also raise/lower it .75/1" if i feel the need.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:13 PM

so you think the setup im going to go with.. pertaining to eibach prokit on koni yellows set at standard perch til i get camber where i will put it on lower perch. is a good way to go? and i will have no regrets?
Old 06-11-2003, 05:26 PM

now im wondering.. is it worth spending the extra $20 to get the koni/neuspeed ones like bryanz3.0cl mentioned above? is there any differences betweens the koni/neuspeed and the koni yellows? thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Racer

My kyb's are fine. Granted they have only been in for like 6 months but they ride just fine on my pro-kit and I bought them for $268 shipped. I could have told you that Bryanz brothers' kybs woulda busted before he even put them on the car because he didnt read the directions. KYB says on the friggin box "NOT MADE FOR CARS DROPPED OVER 1.5 inches", and "WARRANTY IS VOID IF DROPPED MORE THAN 1.5 inches" I mean duh of course they arent going to last. Sportline springs arent close to 1.5 inches especially after the settle.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:55 PM
nothing

actually the sportlines dropped his integra less than 2", and hes had them for a year... they didnt lower his car drastically, like 2+ so it shouldnt have made that much of a difference. anyway the kybs on my other brothers civic with ground controls dropped 2.75-3" are fine, so i guess its luck on whether you get a good set or not.

the difference with the neuspeeds is that there are two higher perches set higher than stock settings. you can raise the car if its too low, which is why im buying them cuz the tokicos slammed the front off my car almost a full inch. you wont need a camber kit untill youre around a 2.25" drop. an alignment should be able to correct any camber issues with the prokits.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:09 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i searched all over b4 i bought mine from import horizon. even groupbuys were the same price. u won't need the extra perch settings on the neuspeed version n e ways.

i love my koni yellows
Old 06-12-2003, 05:34 AM

so.. do u think i should purchase the koni yellows? or the neuspeeds? heh.. also.. these shocks are externally adjustable right? i mean.. if the neuspeed konis have an additional two perches,,, but they have all the same features as the original koni yellows and they are only 20$s more expensive.. does it seem logical to spend the extra 20$s and get the koni yellows and some... (pertaining to the neuspeed / konis...) someone please correct me if im wrong? thanks alot guys.. you guys are really helping me out here.. im purchasing my shocks tonight.. thanks