possibly leaving again... 4x4 pic inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 AM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
possibly leaving again... 4x4 pic inside

hey guys, the cl is getting up there in mileage, 326xxxkms, over 200k miles, and is starting to sound a little rougher
so i decided i should get something for winter, to brave the -40 weather
but turns out i've found something that i've been looking for for a while, and i might actually keep it
here's what it is
2004 Audi allroad 4.2l v8
300hp, 280tq
got almost all the goodies, it's got sunroof, heated seats front and rear, and heated steering wheel. xenons, headlight washers, all mirrors auto dimming, compass, satellite radio, height adjustable air ride, awd...etc etc
exhaust note is amazing, can't wait to do some mods to it for the spring time
got just over 100k miles on her, picked up from the states, since there is only 1 of these for sale in canada
and here's the only pic i have for now, since its always dark when i get home from work

i'll get some more pics of it this weekend when i get some sunlight
any comments welcome
oh and the cl will probably be stored for the winter, so i ca decide what to do with it in the spring
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Congrats Mitch, I'll be interested to see what you do with her
Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
I've always dug those cars! Congrats!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I like those too! Nice pickup! I've been thinking about dumping the TL for an FX lol I would miss my MPG though that's the only thing stopping me.

MOAR pictures!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice, Mitch. Been waiting for this thread. And you'll stay around. You're not as bad as Nate, but I'll keep dragging your ass back here.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
i like acura

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
good luck.

that adjustable air ride is a bitch. be ready for some issues
Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
I've never been an audi fan, prob never will be. But good luck! Hopefully u decide to do something constructive w/the CL instead of selling it.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Congrats Mitch, I'll be interested to see what you do with her
thanks chris, as long as shes good, i already got quite a few ideas for her
Originally Posted by rockstar143
I've always dug those cars! Congrats!
thanks, surprised that some people know what they are, cuz most have no idea... "an aaalllll-rooooaaaddd.... what is that?"
Originally Posted by AMUA6
I like those too! Nice pickup! I've been thinking about dumping the TL for an FX lol I would miss my MPG though that's the only thing stopping me.

MOAR pictures!
lol, thanks, gas mileage is turrible, just turrible on this thing, but oh well, you gotta pay to play

Originally Posted by mattastick
Nice, Mitch. Been waiting for this thread. And you'll stay around. You're not as bad as Nate, but I'll keep dragging your ass back here.
ah, i'll be around, i like it here too much, just feel weird not driving an acura
Originally Posted by spencer_homer
good luck.

that adjustable air ride is a bitch. be ready for some issues
yeah they do have issues, but the practicality of it outweighs the problems for me
because i work for an engineering consulting firm, so when i go to jobsites it would be very valuable to be able to raise my car at the touch of a button, as the lowered cl is just a pain in those situations sometimes
plus a company called arnott makes replacement bags with a lifetime warranty, so i would only have to replace them once
Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
I've never been an audi fan, prob never will be. But good luck! Hopefully u decide to do something constructive w/the CL instead of selling it.
thanks
probably not, still live at home, and no room for another car really, and there is nothing that i could see turning the cl into, it fit for me as a daily driver, and a dependable car
Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes keep it till spring, then sell it to me. lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
CL in lawnmower status

^lol, doubt it would be worth it

and.... update... with pictures, and an exhaust video

and.... now for real 4x4 mode

and comparison between wheel gap of the new and the old

interior looks a lot different in person, there is too much sun here and makes everything look lighter than it really is

and mmmm.... red backlit needles and basically everything else in the interior, looks so good

and the exhaust sound, it's a bit different in person, hard to capture an exact sound on a crappy camera

let me know what you guys think

Last edited by mitch14; 11-22-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
damn you guys got a shit ton of snow already, it was almost 70 in virginia today.

but thats a sweet looking audi...i always liked the looks of them but i dont know if i would trust one enough to buy it. good luck w/it though, looks a lot better for that environment than the CL.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM
CL in lawnmower status

^ummmm, lol, that's like a day or two worth of snow, we didn't have any on the ground like a week ago, it is getting colder here though

and thanks, i know audi's have a bad rep for electrical stuff, but from all the forums i've read about them, they seem to be pretty solid, speaking about the one i bought and those later years. Since it's the third model year, all sorts of small revisions, and an engine that has been used in numerous other models a6's, a8's, s4's, etc.. so i think it should be pretty good, with normal wear, and the few maintenance items that wear out quicker on certain models, just like any car
...but only time will tell i guess
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Actually it looks pretty nice. 4x4 mode is serious lol. Get some vids of snowdrifting that thing, probably would sound good w/that exhaust note lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitch14
^lol, doubt it would be worth it
all i really need is a body, i have a drivetrain for it. doesn't look to be in bad shape on the driver side anyways. Think it would make the drive to toronto? lol.

audi is sweet btw.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by davzilla
all i really need is a body, i have a drivetrain for it. doesn't look to be in bad shape on the driver side anyways. Think it would make the drive to toronto? lol.

audi is sweet btw.
It made the drive to Ohio this past summer
Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
sounds meaty. g/l with the car.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
wow that's quite an epic upgrade there, sir

I pray you fare well with that audi....I heard many can be an electrical nightmare

sorry if it's just my one track mind...but I can't help but envision it dumped on some rotiform BLQ's
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 AM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Actually it looks pretty nice. 4x4 mode is serious lol. Get some vids of snowdrifting that thing, probably would sound good w/that exhaust note lol.
Thanks, yeah the highest setting looks hilarious, so much wheel gap
And I'll try, usually I go go solo drifting, and this thing kinds sucks in that aspect because you can't turn the stability protection completely off, still applies the brakes a bit when sideways, but it's not too bad. But yeah, I love that exhaust note, I've put it into neutral at a couple stoplights so far, just to remind myself why I don't care that its so terrible on gas
Originally Posted by davzilla

audi is sweet btw.
Thanks
And the body isn't all that great, the rust on the drivers side is just coming back out after fiberglass and bondo a couple years ago. Small bubbling passenger side, parking lot scrape on front bumper, and touched up stone chips up front. Other than those it's pretty good, only one door ding on passenger side, no other scuffs dings or scrapes anywhere.
And the trip to toronto would be no problem for her, as matt eluded to, she did a 5000km roadtrip in one week this summer, with the only problem being a wheel bearing go bad from hitting a big pothole/dip in the road. Other than that she ran pretty damn good, no shakes or wobbles, and still seems to have plenty of life left, just sounding a bit worse due to the cold I suspect
Originally Posted by asianspec
sounds meaty. g/l with the car.
Thanks, it'll sound even better with some exhaust mods

Originally Posted by fliplyricist1
wow that's quite an epic upgrade there, sir

I pray you fare well with that audi....I heard many can be an electrical nightmare

sorry if it's just my one track mind...but I can't help but envision it dumped on some rotiform BLQ's
Thanks, and not that big of an upgrade, only cost a bit more than the 06 wrx I bought around this time last year, but is waaaayyy more luxurious, and the attention to detail, the features and the amount of lights and illumination everywhere is amazing, exactly what I wanted.
Yeah I hope she goes good too, but a lot of people's views are just like that of some american brands, for example eventhough Ford products are good now, people still think the japanese brands are better for reliability. Atleast I hope that I don't have anything serious go wrong with her, been serviced for most of it's life at audi, so I hope that counts for something
It won't be dumped, stock airride, but I will lower it a bit, inch maybe.
And no blq's, they look good on stock bodies, not something like mine with flares, but I am thinking of some other wheels just gotta find them before spring... They will be 9 inch wide all around, 19's or 20's... And probably go with a meaty tire... People have run 275's with no problems... But I might find something better, I'll just have to wait and see

Thanks for all the kind words so far guys
Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mitch14
And no blq's, they look good on stock bodies, not something like mine with flares, but I am thinking of some other wheels just gotta find them before spring... They will be 9 inch wide all around, 19's or 20's... And probably go with a meaty tire... People have run 275's with no problems... But I might find something better, I'll just have to wait and see
Still thinking about what we talked about way back when you started looking at this thing? If so, that'll be
Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 PM
CL in lawnmower status

^Ofcourse
They're just hard to find, especially for a good price.
And I can't buy anything yet anyways, not much money for that kind of stuff right now
Especially not with the 18" winter tires I just bought for it that cost over a grand
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Drifting

Very nice Mitch. I'm looking forward to seeing them, once you find a set. I'm sure you will, with all your wheel hookups and shit...