optimumautodesign.com *Designing Body Kit for CL*

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
optimumautodesign.com *Designing Body Kit for CL*

CL'ers

Currenly we have BW Kit for your car and looking to start making more kits for CL. and i was wondering if you guys could help me to choose which style of kits i should start making kits for all of the CL'ers. Currently we and only we make the BW kit for CL and ship it to other bodykit sellers. If you could give us some ideas that will be appreciated and it will help both of us on long run.

if you have any questions, you can contact us @ info@optimumautodesign.com
Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

a nice suttle lip kit, you could make more money selling alot of inexpesive lip kits than selling a few extreme expensive kits...look at VXCL. he has a ww front lip for our car molded on, and a accord ww rear lip cut and molded.... thats perfect...and alot of people agree with that. also look at veilsidecl, he has a veilside kit molded on, also very nice and suttle......maybe you guys should make a rear lip that matches a ww front lip...im sure alot of people would buy that...this car does not need shit like the BW kit.....this car was pushed at people with style, class, and designed to be something a little edgy at the time..sure it may just be an accord underneath, but we all know looks count......consider all this when youre doin you R&D for your next kit....cause if you guys bring out more shit and i see cl's runnin with it.ima be pissed!

ps, how bout you design something that actually lives up to your name!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by d5c5b
a nice suttle lip kit, you could make more money selling alot of inexpesive lip kits than selling a few extreme expensive kits...look at VXCL. he has a ww front lip for our car molded on, and a accord ww rear lip cut and molded.... thats perfect...and alot of people agree with that. also look at veilsidecl, he has a veilside kit molded on, also very nice and suttle......maybe you guys should make a rear lip that matches a ww front lip...im sure alot of people would buy that...this car does not need shit like the BW kit.....this car was pushed at people with style, class, and designed to be something a little edgy at the time..sure it may just be an accord underneath, but we all know looks count......consider all this when youre doin you R&D for your next kit....cause if you guys bring out more shit and i see cl's runnin with it.ima be pissed!

ps, how bout you design something that actually lives up to your name!
hahahah thats why i am asking for everyones opinion..not just yours homie!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Comrade Stalin

He makes a good point. Our cars don't need extreme body kits like the BW kit thats out. We need something flashy, noticable, but not too out there. Like others have said the WW front lip is excellent, but i would want something a little more noticable, but along those lines. Same for the rear end, something suttle but noticable...ya know?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love my new WW front lip...look a lot better on a real CL than in pictures. I need something tight for the side and rear.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:06 AM
HOOK EM HORNS

lip and rear kits would look a whole lot nicer and would be great if we had somewhat of a selection
but i personally dont like full kits, on our cars anywayz
Old 10-01-2003, 11:54 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the whole BW kit is overrated, everyone and their mother has put that kit on an accord or civic and its getting old, i would go with what d5c5b said and do a subtle and not too agressive lip kit, i have the kombat side skirts in my sig at the bottom that you can see, those sides are too bad and they are nice

anyone else like the sides i have? they are currently being redone and remade so they are brand new

i would take the ww lip and add a little flare to the side but not too much, and then get the lip to the rear molded

ill work on some photoshop stuff

gqracin13: email me and i have some pics of cl's over the years and some possiblities that might be possible or can work pics are the best way to find a new kit for our car

anyone and everyone work on your photoshop techniques and design something that they can make so we can get this thin rolling
Old 10-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
I think the whole BW kit is overrated, everyone and their mother has put that kit on an accord or civic and its getting old, i would go with what d5c5b said and do a subtle and not too agressive lip kit, i have the kombat side skirts in my sig at the bottom that you can see, those sides are too bad and they are nice

anyone else like the sides i have? they are currently being redone and remade so they are brand new

i would take the ww lip and add a little flare to the side but not too much, and then get the lip to the rear molded

ill work on some photoshop stuff

gqracin13: email me and i have some pics of cl's over the years and some possiblities that might be possible or can work pics are the best way to find a new kit for our car

anyone and everyone work on your photoshop techniques and design something that they can make so we can get this thin rolling
Sounds good to me!! Email me @info@optimumautodesign.com
Old 10-01-2003, 12:18 PM
-iii-(

as was said: subtle = good. classy is the way to go. Front and rear lips (creases in the middle would be best, goes with the hood and trunk) and some tasteful side skirts.

i'm guessing you work with urethane.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:05 PM
SSM Accord V6 6 Spd

I agree with the idea of a nice, subtle lip kit. It would be fairly inexpensive to produce and to purchase, which would benefit both the buyer and seller. Plus you could come up with different styles of lip kits, each with its own flare so that not everyone has the same kit.

BTW-stay away from fiberglass.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:17 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what about the sema spoiler lip that they have for the 2nd gens, that would be cool for a first gen

any thoughts?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
7th Gear

Take a look at the kits made for Mercedes and BMW, usually these flow with the car well and aren't too extreme. They don't "change" the look of the car, just improve on it....
A lot of them keep the car looking stock.
Thanks, MY
Old 10-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Racer

im most likely in for a subtle lip kit
Old 10-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Banned

my perfect kit would be VeilsideCL's rear bumper and side skirts, and the WW front lip, thats it. I like the simple look of the lip, nothing too crazy, if i could just get Veilsides rear bumper, i'd be in heaven
Old 10-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Racer

I like the sleeper oem look myself, but i'd prolly buy a subtle front lip or something just to make my baby look a little different than the average joe's cl.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:54 PM
What can I get ya?

Can you come up with any pics of a nice clean kit that you guys make?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes nice and clean front lip, sides, and rear lip, keep in mind you have to keep the bottom turn signals, but other than that if it comes out nice, simple and clean then im in
Old 10-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro

i gotta vote for veilsideCLs back bumper and side skirts and a nice lip dat matches up but veilsideCLs whole front bumper aint bad idea either. i am definitely in if something like dat is produced in urethane. oh yeah the second gen CLs sema spoiler pretty nice too
Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
!egamalS

molding the kit is the way to go.. im in just for some smooth lips and a thick sideskirt that matches perfectly with front and back... thats it. nothing fancy nothing extreme. just smoothness. and make the line in the bumpers to match the stock lines int eh car. IMO. i think everyone would agree. thanx.

-shawn
Old 10-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by EPS Sniper
I agree with the idea of a nice, subtle lip kit. It would be fairly inexpensive to produce and to purchase, which would benefit both the buyer and seller. Plus you could come up with different styles of lip kits, each with its own flare so that not everyone has the same kit.

BTW-stay away from fiberglass.
Only problem with the lip kit will be that someone professional will have to mold it on..which will cost more money. Easier way to make is make a kit with add on lip..so its one piece bumper..

what you think?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Ish83
i gotta vote for veilsideCLs back bumper and side skirts and a nice lip dat matches up but veilsideCLs whole front bumper aint bad idea either. i am definitely in if something like dat is produced in urethane. oh yeah the second gen CLs sema spoiler pretty nice too
Only problem will be with urethane..that it will be a lot expensive than fiberglass.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:13 PM
!egamalS

people are only going to buy quality body kits that fit perfectly, i know i woulnt buy any crap. anything is cheaper then a custom kit.. molding is somewhat expensive but its more then worth it.. GL.

-shawn
Old 10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Burning Brakes

yea no one wants a fiberglass kit! one hit and your done!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

man just make one simple and clean (all lips), u say itll cost more for urethane and professionally putting a lip on but i believe that if you spend the extra money your outcome will be better in selling these kits to the ppl...look at the wingswest lip, i bet theyve sold hundreds and hundreds of those, because its simple and clean, (plus its the only one made for our cars)...but take this advice becuz i know others agree with me on this one
Old 10-01-2003, 11:20 PM
I R 1337?

well what if the sides were fiberglass and the back and front was urethane? ah i gess theres stil a cance of it cracking from various reasons... yea all urethane would be good, but yea i agree with everyone, nothin too extreme, just something nice that gives it the class it deserves. Hell if there were something for around 700 or 800 for a full kit i'd buy it. Too bad you guys are in cali, i'd give ya my car to demo it on
Old 10-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Instructor

i would like a fiberglass kit especially since im in hawaii. shipping would seriously kill on a urethane kit. fiberglass is fairly easy to fix and mod if needed. as for style i would like somthing like a cwest front is nice
Old 10-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by jo0p-CL
people are only going to buy quality body kits that fit perfectly, i know i woulnt buy any crap. anything is cheaper then a custom kit.. molding is somewhat expensive but its more then worth it.. GL.

-shawn
You're ablsolutely right!! Thats why our BW Kit for CL fits like a stock bumper. Our main focus is to give customers the best quality, customer service, and appreciation for their support.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by gqracin13
You're ablsolutely right!! Thats why our BW Kit for CL fits like a stock bumper. Our main focus is to give customers the best quality, customer service, and appreciation for their support.
i have to give you props on the bumper, but the only problem is that we CL'ers have a little bit of different taste, more clean and sleek
Old 10-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by truraysa
i would like a fiberglass kit especially since im in hawaii. shipping would seriously kill on a urethane kit. fiberglass is fairly easy to fix and mod if needed. as for style i would like somthing like a cwest front is nice
Althought fiberglass is lighter and you'll save on shipping costs, I rather pay the shipping costs for a urethane kit and have it last for awhile by just repainting it rather than fixing the fiberglass all the time.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by AcUrALiTy
i have to give you props on the bumper, but the only problem is that we CL'ers have a little bit of different taste, more clean and sleek
Thanks to this forum..Learning a lot about CL'ers