Mods for '99 3.0CL

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Still trolling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mods for '99 3.0CL

Hey all, let me start by saying this forum is the jam! THere is a lot of great information and discussion here, and I have learned "A LOT"

I just traded in my '01 Nissan Fontier Crew Cab for a '99 3.0 CL (Black on Black), with 30k miles on it. I did this for lower payments, and ended up with a car I really love that has some great pickup and power combined with mid-luxurious features.

I have performed many searches over the last 2 days, but I seem to be getting nowhere. I have always loved import street racers, and high performance mods, I have just never owned a vehicle to do it with. Fromm what I have learned here, some of the things I want to do to my CL are:
  • Clear Bumper Lenses
  • CAI
  • Low beam headlight upgrade
I know this is small, but I am trying to start that way. Eventually, I will look into springs, shocks, sway bars, and other performance enhancing mods.

My delimea seems to be that most everything I am finding, caters to either different year or model Acuras. A lot of things are available for the newer CL, CL-S, TL, etc. I can't seem to find good sources for '99 3.0 CL mods like CAI, lenses, etc.

I am a stickler for wanting good products at reasonable prices. I see the AEM CAI is used a lot, but seems to be knida pricey? Are there comprable ones for less? I see some for 80ish. Are those any good?

I guess I am just looking for some suggestions on where to get these parts, if they cross reference to the 99 Accord V-6, etc. If you guys that have mod'ed '99 3.0 CL's could point me to some good sites, and good prodcuts, I would really appreciate it.

I place my performance in your hands
Old 10-04-2002, 02:06 AM
Cause stock sux.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cold air intakes are basically all the same. Its the filter that matters. AEM also comes with mounting brackets that help to absorb vibration plus it looks a hella lot nicer, comes with a K&N filter, and is CARB legal in all the states.

I got mine from Ross (RMStoico). I'd do shocks and springs next if I were you. That is by far my favorite modification.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:10 AM
Still trolling

THanks. Anyone know where I can get the AEM CAI for my '99 3.0 CL? Is it actually the V-6 accord one? Everything I am seeing is for either a 2.2, or other models.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:26 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Welcome aboard Chris

Check out the Injen intake also for the V6 Accord....from what I've heard it's also a good intake (probably what I'll get when I'm ready)
It usually runs a little cheaper than the AEM depending on where you look.
Check around cause there's lots of different prices out there.

You can check out an Injen at www.jcwhitney.com - look for V6 Accord Intakes
Old 10-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Drifting

CAI 98 V6 Accord.
Clear Lens (theres a link floating around with a decent price)
Lights (9006)

Go to ebay and type in Acura CL and you should beale to find your lights and clear lens.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:15 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Re: Mods for '99 3.0CL

Originally posted by chrisbpickering
Hey all, let me start by saying this forum is the jam! THere is a lot of great information and discussion here, and I have learned "A LOT"

I just traded in my '01 Nissan Fontier Crew Cab for a '99 3.0 CL (Black on Black), with 30k miles on it. I did this for lower payments, and ended up with a car I really love that has some great pickup and power combined with mid-luxurious features.

I have performed many searches over the last 2 days, but I seem to be getting nowhere. I have always loved import street racers, and high performance mods, I have just never owned a vehicle to do it with. Fromm what I have learned here, some of the things I want to do to my CL are:
  • Clear Bumper Lenses
  • CAI
  • Low beam headlight upgrade
I know this is small, but I am trying to start that way. Eventually, I will look into springs, shocks, sway bars, and other performance enhancing mods.

My delimea seems to be that most everything I am finding, caters to either different year or model Acuras. A lot of things are available for the newer CL, CL-S, TL, etc. I can't seem to find good sources for '99 3.0 CL mods like CAI, lenses, etc.

I am a stickler for wanting good products at reasonable prices. I see the AEM CAI is used a lot, but seems to be knida pricey? Are there comprable ones for less? I see some for 80ish. Are those any good?

I guess I am just looking for some suggestions on where to get these parts, if they cross reference to the 99 Accord V-6, etc. If you guys that have mod'ed '99 3.0 CL's could point me to some good sites, and good prodcuts, I would really appreciate it.

I place my performance in your hands

welcome

look at my sig thats all the mods you'll need
Old 10-04-2002, 12:57 PM
Still trolling

Re: Re: Mods for '99 3.0CL

Originally posted by fastvtecCL
welcome

look at my sig thats all the mods you'll need
Could you tell me the best places to order these from?
Old 10-05-2002, 03:59 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Re: Re: Re: Mods for '99 3.0CL

Originally posted by chrisbpickering
Could you tell me the best places to order these from?

our shop open mid nov and you can get all the parts from me
Old 08-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Honkey

Chris, sounds like you have set some pretty high goals! Best thing to do is just take is slow and think everything out well. One mod that I would look into is indiglow valve stem caps...I hear those are a hot item these days. Good luck

-Aaron
Old 08-13-2003, 04:21 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

ummm...where did this thread come from?

It's almost a year old
Old 08-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Still trolling

ROFL. Aaron, were you bored? Looks like you looked up the first post I ever made LOL.

edit: Aaron you mean bastard Indiglo valve steam caps! SO I was clueless at the time, can't a brother get any love