Miami area rims & drop

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami area rims & drop

Hey I see a couple people in the miami area. I want to put some rims and drop my '97 3.0CL with some neuspeed sports. Does anyone know a good shop that can do this for a good price?
Old 04-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nice to see amother Miami CL on the board. Well they are hundreds of shops in Miami, some of the better known ones are Blitz and HMI. Your best bet would be to buy your rims, tires and springs online to save some cash. Ebay is has cheap prices as well as some other rim and tire places like the web site dustbuster4 bought his rims from but I can't remember that web site right now. Sorry I'm cramming for finals and I can't seem to remember anything. As far as installing your springs I have a friend that owns a shop and does great work. I'm sure he'll beat the price of any shop you call. His phone # is (305)761-5765 ask for Eba and tell him David sent you. Hope that helps.

By the way do you ever go to the races or Best Buy or anything like that? If so what color is your CL. Mines white dropped on white rims, maybe you've seen it before.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Instructor

The only thing about rims and tires online is 1)what condition are they in 2)cost of shipping. You think you can getter a better prices after shipping online? Someone told me about www.tirerack.com but I need to see the rims to know if I like them. As for the springs and strut bar, I am thinking about getting them online. Know any cheap places?

No I haven't been to the races before. Which Best Buy are you talking about? My CL is basically stock except a short intake, clear lights and headlights (blue). I ordered the blue LED's. Now I am working on rims, tires, drop & exhaust.

Thanks for the info, when I get my stuff, I will call your friend.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:20 PM
phuck your CL race my F4

Originally posted by Padger
The only thing about rims and tires online is 1)what condition are they in 2)cost of shipping. You think you can getter a better prices after shipping online? Someone told me about www.tirerack.com but I need to see the rims to know if I like them. As for the springs and strut bar, I am thinking about getting them online. Know any cheap places?

No I haven't been to the races before. Which Best Buy are you talking about? My CL is basically stock except a short intake, clear lights and headlights (blue). I ordered the blue LED's. Now I am working on rims, tires, drop & exhaust.

Thanks for the info, when I get my stuff, I will call your friend.
http://www.aieonline.com/28/cat28.htm?913

click on the acura symbol, got mine from here. as for rims check this site
http://www.whalentire.com
Old 04-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Whalentire.com has some good prices on rims, thats the website I couldn't think of.

The best buy is the one on bird road and 80 something ave right in front of tropical park, next to the palmetto. On tuesday and Thursday nightstheres usually over 100 hooked up cars there chilling.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:05 PM
aLL* sTaR

shops

Not to be a disrespecful to those other shops but your best bet is to go to Dynamic Turbo. That is the best and most reputable shop in Miami. You pay a little more but is worth it. Unless you like 17 year old kids to play with your car at those other shops.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Instructor

I just looked up Dynamic Turbo... there is one around the corner from me on NW 25 ST. Is one shop better then the other? What are there prices like? I think the budget is just gonna be rims & tires for now. I'd like to drop it and put a strut bar on... we'll just see what kinda prices they got.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: shops

Originally posted by VeilSideCL
Not to be a disrespecful to those other shops but your best bet is to go to Dynamic Turbo. That is the best and most reputable shop in Miami. You pay a little more but is worth it. Unless you like 17 year old kids to play with your car at those other shops.
Dynamic turbo is ok. The people that work there are nice and know whats up. I always fill up my nitrous bottle there. But thier prices are not a little high, they are really high.

Blitz has to be the worst place in the world. The people there are total assholes who don't know shit. Sorry but it had to be said.

HMI is ok and thier prices are better than Dynamic but could be even better. People are cool too.
There is really no place in Miami that I feel is awesome when it comes to performance shops. I never really deal with any of them unless I need something asap. I either get something straight from thier supplier Wheels Plus or buy it online. I do all the work on my car myself so I that takes care of that.

Good luck finding your rims.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

Yeah, Miami shops are way too shady for the most part to really love any of them. And most half-way reputable shops are going to be on the expensive side...oh well. Hey Squirm, I'm flying home to visit mis padres in the middle of May. Let me know if you're heading to Fuddruckers on US1 or anyplace in Kendall, I'd like to see how the CL is coming. Welcome to the site Padger
Old 04-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ATLcl98
Yeah, Miami shops are way too shady for the most part to really love any of them. And most half-way reputable shops are going to be on the expensive side...oh well. Hey Squirm, I'm flying home to visit mis padres in the middle of May. Let me know if you're heading to Fuddruckers on US1 or anyplace in Kendall, I'd like to see how the CL is coming. Welcome to the site Padger
No problem man. Hopefully I'll have the h22 in by then. Email at dcsquirm88@hotmail.com or PM if you want meet up somewhere.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Instructor

I THINK IF UR GOING TO DROP UR CAR U BETTER DO IT RIGHT CUZ IF NOT UR GOING TO REGRET IT