klepto | the finale | last photoshoot **updated pg5 PARTING OUT**

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 12:36 AM
Senior Moderator

klepto | the finale | story and last photoshoot

So a few weeks ago my parents approached me and told me that my car was deemed "unsafe" to drive. I've been pouring money into it the past year to just fix things and not even mod it; new starter, engine died and bent a valve, cracked wheels, tires, control arms, etc. ahh the joys of being low. Anyways they offered me their old es300 if I sold my CL, because my parents have been thinking of getting a new car for a while and I could stop dumping money into the black hole CL. So I figured it was for the best, lately my CL and I have had this love/hate relationship, and I'm trying to save to get my next car now that im out of college and have a "real" job now. I was going to part it out and sell it stock, each part to be sold with a complimentary vile of my tears.

I went out this weekend and shoot what I believed was the last photoshoot I was going to do of my car, I then went through all my old pictures and complied up my CL's life story thread all ready to post and then my dad came home and stated that he would save over 2G's a year if we kept the CL and put my sister on it for insurance.

So to my relief, its here to stay, at least for while longer But this whole process has made me think that its time to retire my CL. I swear im not going to mod it anymore and save up for my next project

I still remember the days when I was a n00b on these boards, learning what I could do to my CL, thinking that I was just going to get a "mild drop" and looking up to members such as katana, dustbuster, d5cb5, baka_t, casper, vxcl, clpower, that random ass dude on cardomain and dennis for inspiration. I thought to myself "damn, those CL’s are just fucking sick, I wished my car would look like that." And would just stare at their pics and wish that I could build up my car to be clean and unique. I remember thinking to myself "how are black rims w/ polished lip going to look on a white CL?" I only saw it like one 1 other car. "How is this rear lip going to look if I chop up it all up and piece it back together?"

I’ve spent countless hours doing mods that I swear I will never do again because it was just so crazy ridiculous…ripping out my interior for installs, ghetto-fabbing random parts, piecing together the elusive "custom lip kit," swapping out my suspension over and over again, creating such pieces as the "infamous klepto grill ". I tired to document as many of my installs that I could so I could build up and start the DIY section of the forum and share. I just hope that I can cause the same inspiration that those OG’s sparked in me.

Nothings going to change, im still going to be around to give advice, help out, lock threads, yell at noobs and make completely unnecessary comments. Its just time for me to leave the CL alone and focus on other things financially in my life.

CLIFFS: forced to part out/sell CL, complied old pics, did last photoshoot, turns out keeping the CL would save tons on insurance, end up retiring CL while I save up monies

So to "celebrate" here are the pics that I was going to post

oh and IBimnotreadingallthatshit
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:37 AM
Senior Moderator

She started out stock

check out my MAD night pic skills! Clear corners as my first mod.

Then came the audio. Alpine type R 6.5” comps, 6x9’s and 2 12” subs and a Pioneer headunit

Then after MUCH research, I just had to get me some black housings, big thanks to joe (97acura3.0cl)

Then the mod bug hit. Painted my skirts and dropped it on H&R sports and KYB/AGX’s

Just one of the many many times I ripped out my interior to install shit.

Picked up a sunvisor screen off another member, threw caution to the wind and just hacked up my sunvisor. Also installed some cheap ass dvd monitor. (note the ridiculously high shifter)

Then came the wheels, originally was going to get chrome, then silver, decided to take a chance and see how black with a polished lip would look like

Night shots got a little better
Senior Moderator

The making of the "klepto grill" :gheylaugh:

Couldn’t stand how my car looked higher with the 18’s so I dropped it again on some sportlines. Threw on some brembo rotors, and then went on the search of a lifetime to piece together my lip kit.

Put on the sides and fronts first cause that’s all I could afford and find

then came the rear and some tinted tails. Note the wimpy stock exhaust

with the exterior done, it was time to tackle the engine.

threw on an intake, an exhaust and a strut bar

and then DT was formed

HIN was coming up and I went on a huge ass modding spree. Painted vavle cover, megan piece of shits headers, changed to an APR strut bar...

...HID’s...

...eclipse navi (painted the trim later)...

...and the death of me, coilovers. First up, tein super streets.
Senior Moderator

my first taste of slammage, you can almost hear my tires rubbing and crying

then came the plate…

...that started all the LOL’s, WTF’s and of course OMG’s

and my quest for super slammage continued, the teins didn’t go low enough! Swapped them out for some k-sports

stiff indeed
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:38 AM
Senior Moderator

and now, how she sits now and what could possibly be the last photoshoot of my car.

its been fun guys, happy modding everyone
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:40 AM
Senior Moderator

i hate you if you leave us! haha i call dibs on everything!
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:45 AM
Senior Moderator

haha, just to make it clear, im not parting out, or leaving. I'm going to try to keep her in this form for as long as possible
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:50 AM
Senior Moderator

man only if we could done a real photoshoot with all first gens here in cali. i would be down to roll again after i save up some money.
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:50 AM
almost done...

damn... will be missed for sure. must say u were one of my inspirations.

edit: ok well if the CL isnt leaving then nvm the missed part lol
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:55 AM
Not a doctor

dude you're a fucking legend
i may be from the 2nd gen neck of the woods, but i still appreciate what you've done for AZ and your sweet ass car. sorry for sounding corny lol
in the last photoshoot you look so low it's unreal
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:04 AM
Senior Moderator

haha playahat8a and PimpCL23 are down for a drive to Klepto Land in the 2nd week of november
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:04 AM
chips and smokes, lets go

great photos. its too bad you have to get rid of the car but hopefully you move on to better things.
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:15 AM
HEET Miser

love the 2nd to last pic ...ryan said it well: a legend.
congrats with school, and best of luck with all to come.
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:22 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

dude i think im going to cry. why dont u replace the motor and stop my tears
Old 10-03-2007 | 01:23 AM
Instructor

Man, such a gorgeous car.
Old 10-03-2007 | 07:43 AM
Drifting

Damn Klepto...I've admired your car and your clean styling with it from day one. It's without a doubt, the cleanest 1st gen CL I've seen. I'm definitely glad you're sticking around for a little longer and keeping it for now! Great pics and nice progression from stock to the beast that it is now! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-03-2007 | 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Man, had a feeling this day would come after the constant klepto mods stopped coming. I was about to cry when i read the first part saying she was going for sure, but glad she'll at least be around for a while longer. Every OG that you listed truly was the inspiration for me 4.5 years ago to get my CL and take it down the path that I have started down, however you def need to be on that list Justin, your knowledge, determination and pioneering have helped myself and many members on this board and made the 1G CL board what it remains. Hopefully you will stay around and keep regulating to help dan and I out, but when I think of the "OG's from 4-5 years ago" you truly are on that list. Thanks for being such an influence and inspiration to us all, and we hope you will stay around and continue to spread the knowledge.
Old 10-03-2007 | 09:47 AM
Intermediate

gorgeous car, extremely well done... Im at the stage you first mentioned and YOUR car was that inspiration on car domain and on the forum for me, even if I never will mod my gf's CL haha... beautiful car, amazing work
Old 10-03-2007 | 09:51 AM
where is....

deemed unsafe to drive......so we'll give it to your sis.
good luck on the next project you take up.
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by AznX TL
deemed unsafe to drive......so we'll give it to your sis.
That made me too
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:13 AM
$,Cars,Girls N That Order

Damn Your CL Is F***ing Beautiful.. I know How it is.. I bought the car last year and all I've been doing is fixing things wrong from the previous owner.. I wanted to set up a thread and ask the people on hear that have rear lips and sides how much did *fitting it* cost.. and What kind of shop would I go to to get that done.. I'm in the South for school and there aren't many custom shops.. Before I get my car painted in the spring I want to have all the parts on there so I don't have to worry about sratching the fresh paint..

So Klepto.. How much did the Rear Lip cost You? Etc?...
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

:shakehead

Man, I knew you'd have to stop at some point, but I'm glad it stays with you a little longer.
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by AcAttAcK98
Damn Your CL Is F***ing Beautiful.. I know How it is.. I bought the car last year and all I've been doing is fixing things wrong from the previous owner.. I wanted to set up a thread and ask the people on hear that have rear lips and sides how much did *fitting it* cost.. and What kind of shop would I go to to get that done.. I'm in the South for school and there aren't many custom shops.. Before I get my car painted in the spring I want to have all the parts on there so I don't have to worry about sratching the fresh paint..

So Klepto.. How much did the Rear Lip cost You? Etc?...
Don't hijack his thread, make your own, or SEARCH!
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:47 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

good story good transformation!
Old 10-03-2007 | 11:55 AM
140,000 miles young

Klepto it's a sad day. Since I joined az and got my cl I have always liked your car. Even thought I'm a 2g'er and your mods don't always apply to me, you have been a source of inspiration and I always enjoy seeing what you came up with. You'll have to let us know what crazy projects you come up with for your new ride. Are you keeping the car as is for your sister? Mods and all? She'll be the coolest chick around!
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn man, what a transformation. Very cool to see it go from stock to what it is today. Amazing. Thanks for all the advice and inspiration you've provided me. Your car is definitely my favorite CL of all time. I'm glad you're sticking around.
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
That made me too
thanks for all the comments guys. my sister isnt driving the car, heck im not even going to let her touch it, we're just putting her on the CL for insurance, but she will be driving the extra accord my fam has. Saves us over 2k a year with that setup.
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:04 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

ummm can you insure me too and save me over 2K? driving my car like its stolen
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:04 PM
Mr. 2tone

HIN was coming up and I went on a huge ass modding spree. Painted vavle cover, megan piece of shits headers, changed to an APR strut bar...
jesus i remember that time...my modding buddy to see how fast we can out mod each other for 2 months straight...i must say we got a few things in b4 HIN...lol
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:19 PM
ftl. florida in da house

damm that is to bad to here that....the only thing deemed unsafe for me is me driving
Old 10-03-2007 | 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator