Kill Switch For An Alarm??????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill Switch For An Alarm??????????

A while back my civic got stolen and stripped. well i finally got it all back to gether the way i want it...i have an alarm now....but herd something about puting a kill switch in your car...so that if someone does get into your car they cant start it and if they do start it with no fuel going into the pump they cant go anywhere. DOes anybody have any info on how to do this or where icould get this done at.....? Thanks for the help....if i do get any info on it i will post or send it to you..

thanks.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Ham Sandwich

rip up back seats and find the fuel pump.. then tap a switch into the power wire for the pump..
Old 04-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

Just wire a switch inline with the fuel pump.

You want the blk/yel wire that run to the pump under the rear of the fuel tank under the car. I think you can get to the connector without removing the tank.

You want the connector on the drivers side or toward the area in the circle below (the other is for the fuel level gauge).

Just cut this wire and attach leads long enough to get it to an accesible switch. With the switch on you get the pump, w/o you get nothing.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Ham Sandwich

oops i thought it was on top.. nm
Old 04-24-2002, 09:17 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Way back in high school the previous owner of my buddies car had installed sensors in the front bucket seats. So to start the car the driver (and passenger if there was one) had to lift your butts off the seats for the engine to turn over. Has anyone ever heard of someone doing that?
The funny thing was they were installed in a Mercury Capri POS
Old 04-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Its funny this topic came up because I just had Kill switch installed today. It is not actually a switch .. the guy taps into your ignition from right under your stearing wheel and connects is to another factory switch in your car like the sunroof switch, mirror button, cruise control button, heated seat button, etc.... You get my drift... the theif would not be able to start the car without pressing the switch you assigned... I have two in one. I have to do both things or my car will not start.. ontop of that I have the stock alarm....
Old 04-24-2002, 09:54 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FrstGenCL
Its funny this topic came up because I just had Kill switch installed today. It is not actually a switch .. the guy taps into your ignition from right under your stearing wheel and connects is to another factory switch in your car like the sunroof switch, mirror button, cruise control button, heated seat button, etc.... You get my drift... the theif would not be able to start the car without pressing the switch you assigned... I have two in one. I have to do both things or my car will not start.. ontop of that I have the stock alarm....
I really like this idea! I'll look into having it done (in addition to a shock sensor).
Old 04-24-2002, 09:58 PM
Acurazine OG.

switch with nos...

When I had my mustang 5.0 , I was running a NOS fogger system, I had the trigger run through one of my horn buttons, but I also had a switch underneath the accelerator pedal, this way, my car had to be floored (full throttle) in order for the NOs to be activated... I dont know why I put this in here but, all that talk about hidden switches got me excited....
Old 04-25-2002, 05:30 AM
Turn Signals are good!

Originally posted by niedejb
Just wire a switch inline with the fuel pump.

You want the blk/yel wire that run to the pump under the rear of the fuel tank under the car. I think you can get to the connector without removing the tank.

You want the connector on the drivers side or toward the area in the circle below (the other is for the fuel level gauge).

Just cut this wire and attach leads long enough to get it to an accesible switch. With the switch on you get the pump, w/o you get nothing.
Instead of a switch somewhere, you can run a relay from the alarm, so when the alarm is armed the fuel pump will be shut off. Kinda like the starter kill relay.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:39 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

It is a nice security feature.. my brothers old 1993 300zx (which my pops now drives) has 2 fuel kills on it... one is standard flip theflitch and start the car, the other a main cut off for when the car is parked in the ghetto... THE FEATURE IS AWESOME but is a pian in the ass to not be able to just "get in and go" w/out flipping this and pushing that... and it is not that much security when wherever you go for "car" work you must tell them what to so to start the car...

I know aguy that had a 1994-5 TT Supra worked to balls (over $20,000 in engine work - $15,000 in asthetics)... he hads the motor work done at a place that worked his turbo, he had to tell them the fuel kill.... well needless to say they stole the car out of his garage (alot more to this story)!!! How sick is that... its a tricky thing to have!!! False sense of security!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Racer

Re: switch with nos...

Originally posted by ChrisKelly5
I dont know why I put this in here but, all that talk about hidden switches got me excited....
Actually, this is on topic. On the 5.slows, you can kick the rear bumper to activate the fuel pump shutoff. To reset the fuel pump, there is a switch in the trunk.

Back to the original question, what's wrong with a simple starter kill wired to your alarm? Or even a momentary switch hooked to your ignition coil? The fuel pump kill just seems like a lot more work.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:00 AM
2002 NBA Champs!!!

Originally posted by FrstGenCL
I know this is an old topic but I was thinking about getting a Kill switch installed in my car and I searched and found this topic.

So FrstGenCL if your still around here where did you get that done? I would love to have a setup just like that but I wouldnt know where to go to have something like that done. like what kinda business? Anyone else know?

thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:02 AM
Racer

Sorry, don't know where to do that- but it is a great idea...
Just wanted to say that i thought i was going crazy- i read from the top to the bottom- i knew it was talked about before but i just thought it was brought up again... until i read about the mercury. That's when i thought i was going nutz... Thanks for mentioning that you searched to find this topic.