Im being screwed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:05 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im being screwed...

Well as you guys know I got in a accident but it wasnt my fault and i know it wasnt cause i have side damage and not fronta damage and i know as sure as hell i didnt hit him cause i have impact damge on the driver side wheel from it where the wheel is bent at almost a 60-70 degree angle from being pushed into the curb. well the guy is saying that i was speeding when icelarly wasnt the speed limit was 45 and i was going 47 not even if that, and he said that i stopped too far down from the accident, but i couldnt turn the car across the lane cause the wheel and it was hard to turn and if i turned too tight i would ge tthe tire locked up and it would rub and make the car stale and try to stop from the tire rubbing on the inside

this is pissing me off, to top it off, the body shop isnt going to start on the car until the 30th of december and it will take 30 days to complete it, well they said 20+ and then on another sheet the guy wrote in 30+ days for repair, and to top it off it happens around xmas and money is tight already, so i cant afford a rental to get to work to get or earn money since i work a half an hour away and my main income is my tips and my wages from my job as a waiter and now i will have to fork out the 500 for the deductable and then my rental car for a month so that 500 + 23.99 a day for 30 days, that is 720 for the rental car alone and then the 500 for the car, thats 1300 then milage on the car and insurance on the rental im thinking 1500 for this big ordeal, what a mess

i know it only been week or so but this frustrating the shit out of me, but im so glad finals is over, now i can deal with this shit of a guy
Old 12-17-2003, 07:17 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
it's not a matter of what the guy says. It's what the insurance/police say. If he's at fault his company is responsible for your rental car.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is his insurance paying you for the rental car?
Old 12-18-2003, 04:30 AM

IDK im all confused
Old 12-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, his insurance should be covering the rental!! You shouldn't have to pay for that. Damn, that's a long bike ride if not!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 08:13 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Yup!

Insurance should cover the rental!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:17 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
actually, I think his insurance should cover your deductable too

this is, as long as you weren't at fault
Old 12-18-2003, 12:00 PM
-S namyaC-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CLpower
actually, I think his insurance should cover your deductable too

this is, as long as you weren't at fault
He won't even have a deductable if he's not using his policy.

Man, fuck this guy. If you think he was at fault, call his insurance and ask for your money (be nice at this time). They will want to get his side of the story and then they will prob call you back saying uh that's not what he said blah blah blah. Now you can threaten court action. Your insurance needs to know what is going on, and most have lawyers that go to court with you to fight for you. If you are sure it's not your fault, just to talk to your insurance person. Our insurance deals with everything, including talking to the other company.

Do you have a police report? If you are not at fault, ALWAYS get one! That will guaruntee you get $$ from his insurance. It's always worth the wait. If the other side leaves, you should still stay - they will get written up for a hit and run, even if you have their info (which you should nicely accept along with writing their tag # down). Now you still get the $$, and they get in trouble.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

and NEVER NEVER EVER ADMIT FAULT, even if it is your fault!
Old 12-18-2003, 01:40 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Old 12-18-2003, 02:09 PM

i never did
Old 12-18-2003, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by proaudio22

Do you have a police report? If you are not at fault, ALWAYS get one! That will guaruntee you get $$ from his insurance. It's always worth the wait. If the other side leaves, you should still stay - they will get written up for a hit and run, even if you have their info (which you should nicely accept along with writing their tag # down). Now you still get the $$, and they get in trouble.

i did not have to fill one out due to that i contacted my insurance that day about it and the adjusted said that i did not need to do that since i contacted the insurance in such a short time and he said he would take care of it if i need it

i would have one if the police came out and did one but since no one was injured on scene no police showed up then

this blows donkey nuts
Old 12-18-2003, 02:15 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
wtf, the police didnt show up for a police report? Arent they suppose to do that, damn i guess it's gonna be the insurance going one on one about whoz at fault. good luck. But hey, if he's found at fault, your rental expenses will be covered, if you have to pay for them now, if it ends up being his fault, you'll get your money back, otherwise your insurance and you will have the right to sew his ass.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:29 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Also, if he's found at fault you will not have a deductable. What has your insurance company been telling you?
Old 12-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Comrade Stalin

You relize this is why insurance companies suck nuts right? If people would stop lying to insurance companies rates would be half what they are today.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:06 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by 97Cl22
You relize this is why insurance companies suck nuts right? If people would stop lying to insurance companies rates would be half what they are today.

um, not admitting fault is not lieing. It's protection cause i've seen plenty of people who are not at fault run out of accidents saying "i'm sorry, it's all my fault" even when it's not, and just them saying that puts them at fault. Actually, most insurance companies will tell you to do the same. I know on the progressive flyer my girlfriend has the first thing it says in bold letters is "NEVER ADMIT FAULT" . Rates would still be what they are today w/o the scams cause insurance company's know we'll pay it
Old 12-18-2003, 04:46 PM

Also, if he's found at fault you will not have a deductable. What has your insurance company been telling you?
the adjuster that is dealing with my case is supposedly the number one guy for mercury insuance in california so i got a good guy, he's real good about explaining things to me and calming me down from beating this guys ass

well the guy said that from the damage and location of impact that there should be no way it would be my fault, in his opinion, not unless i pulled a ebrake and slid into him sideways which i would never do

but the damage location is on the passenger side from the front fender all the way to the rear quarter panel there is a lot of work and they dont start on the car until the 30th of this month and it will take 30 days or more to repair since the subframe front and rear is being replaced and the whole, yes WHOLE front suspension is being redone :'(

i hadd his adjuster call me today to see where the car was located at so he can look at it and tell the impact and where it was, and i hope when he looks at it there is no way in hell it could be my fault, the guy is saying i was speeding and which i wasnt the mph was 45 on the road, but he said i stopped too far down, but i was in shock i couldnt turn the car tight enough to pull over right away cause the angel of the driver side wheel prevented me from pulling over quickly, i was about 30 feet away from him before i could got off the to the side of the road

i dont know what to do, this is frustrating and im supposed to be relaxed since finals are over and im streesed just as much if not more than finals week, and i have to go to the chiropractor now since i have been having back spasms and they are killing me,bout 1 to 2 a day now, but for the first couple of days it was like 3-4 a day, the only thing that sucks it that you dont really realize how much you take advantage of your car when you dont have it, cause yesterday i tried to get a ride to an appointment for the chiropractor and i spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get a ride and no one was available now i have to wait longer but it still hurts and i need to get some attention to my back and get some xrays
Old 12-18-2003, 04:47 PM
-S namyaC-

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
i would have one if the police came out and did one but since no one was injured on scene no police showed up then
Say "I'm not sure if anyone is hurt." They will be there in 5 mins.