And if things couldn't get any worse..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if things couldn't get any worse..

OK I know we all hit our bad luck spells... but listen to what happened to me in JUST ONE NIGHT!
-Yeah my drivers side door getting hit with a punks bb was bad too-
Anyways, tonight I found out that the Tein SS that I ordered MONDAY were being shipped TODAY! BUt i got a hook up so I am like whatever, I have a meeting about being sponsored next friday. So anyways I am like whatever coming home from dinner with my girl, hit a pot hole larger than a basket ball. At first I was like shit, busted the tire open. So i pull of to the side of the road, light rain, and go to break my lugs loose to put on the spare. O and the fuckin lug key snaps in half, and is in my 17". I am like great. So my friends behind me and I have him stay with my car and I drive his truck back to my place which is about 4 minutes away. Coming into the neighborhood I hydro plane, and stop 5 inches in front of a tree with his 2003 Ram. So I grab some tools and fix a flat and head back. When I get back I find out that "MY RIM IS SPLIT IN THE MIDDLE AND AROUND THE INNER CIRLCE, and bent the shit out of it. So fix a flat wont work. Meanwhile the half a lug key is jammed in there. So 50 minutes later I am about to call a tow truck when we decided since the rim is fucked we would jam vice grips in there and shake the shit out of it. Sure enough, about 1.5 hours total, the lug comes out and spare goes on. Well its not done there, us dumbshits leave my lights on and cautions and my battery is dead. No one has jumpers, but I decided to rip up my stereo in the back and found a pair stuck in there. Finnaly I get jumped and head home. Now to bitch at the highway crew and Discount tire to get my damn rim by friday! I bought warranty on the tires but dunno if it covers the rim too (i bought a package though) supposively there is a clause that the city has to help pay for sever damage. Well I will plop my battered, broken, split, bent, and busted 115 dollar Enkei RS6 with $100 tire on there desk and ask if that is severe damage. DAMN I HATE THIS

Aaron
Old 03-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude feel your pain. you feel better now that you vented I went throught the same trouble, except it took 3 years to get my wheel fixed. 18" Work Vs, could not buy another they dont make wheel anymore, and could not find somebody that could fix it properly. Now im back rollin and you wheel too very soon ! At least you didnt mess anything else up on your ride
Old 03-29-2003, 04:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just make sure you drive safe over the next several days. When it comes to cars, bad luck doesn't just happen all in one day. It's covers a week. Well at least that's what happens to me.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Racer

I hate seeing bad things happen to good ppl
Old 03-29-2003, 10:39 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i hate when rims bust, just be golad they aren't expensive!

Also, you are gonna have a hard time getting money from the city, i've had a few friends try this w/ just tons of obstacles to get by and through.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Evolution

Yeah I am not even gonna mess with the city, just tell them to get those damn pot holes fixed! I stopped by discount today and they ordered me a new rim. Warranty covers the tire but not the rim. It'll be here tuesday and I owe $115, not too bad, but that was $115 I needed for pulley install or coilover install
Old 03-29-2003, 02:46 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you know what they say it all happens at once and then you dont have problems for a while.....***koncking on wood***

sorry to hear about the car aaron that sucks majorly, did you have to buy a new battery too? hey man the coilover install is not that bad to do all you need is a spring compressor and some tools, ask, cilvr2.3 or ask some others you can do it in you house if you have the time it shouldnt take more than a couple of hours if you have someone help you with it
Old 03-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You want to hear some shit!

I go to meet a fellow cl member on this forum to buy some Zaino from him, as Im waiting my ac starts popping bad and radio is coming in and out. im like shit what to do, I get the Zaino and head off. The car said NOPE. The fucking altenator went out, and to top it off--I just wrote my last payment on this fucker today before I met the guy. Damn this sucks. thought i would add my bad luck to the thread. Had to vent
Old 03-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Honda Technician

I feel your pain...about a month ago i split two rims open...i'm still running on stock wheels (until my new rims come in on monday)....what i did was take pictures of the pothole , the closest intersection, and also my wheels, and photocopied my receipt for the wheels. I then mailed it off to the county, w ho in turn will mail it off to the state. they told me i should expect a check in about a month or....good luck bro
Old 03-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Instructor

I been having like a bad 3 MONTHS... first i get my car back from ross drive it home and its fine.. next morning i go out to the garage start my car and it starts then makes loud noises and turnes off.. found out AC compresor and pulley burned the hell up.. got that fixed.. 4 days later driving back from NJ to where i live in PA tranny died right at my exit.. car has been stopped ever since.. about 2 months.. the shop has tried to fix it put it in.. and rip it back out every time bc it is still not working.. they have put it in and taken it out about 8 times now.. today i was there and it works but it dont have reverse or D4.. im fucked.. decided to go and get a used one at the junkyard tomorrow.. im pissed.. i havent got to show off my car with my new kit on it yet!!!