help with wiring subs~~!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005 | 04:41 PM
~ The Endless One ~

help with wiring subs~~!!

I just bought subs and was wondering how I can get the rca wires into the trunk. I couldn't find any holes or pass throughs from the backseat...

anyone know?
Old 04-30-2005 | 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

take the backseat off first. I ran my wires through there, and under the center console. If you take your armrest and cupholder out, you can see where the wires go
Old 04-30-2005 | 04:52 PM
~ The Endless One ~

question...what's the easiest way to take out the backseat?
Old 04-30-2005 | 04:53 PM
~ The Endless One ~

another thing klepto...i'm on your site right now and the audio install section isn't linked properly...do u have an updated link for that?
Old 04-30-2005 | 05:07 PM
MuayThai scrappa

im pretty sure the EASIEST way is to go under your door sills.
Old 04-30-2005 | 05:33 PM
Flap.

go from the headunit outs, over to a side (preferably opposite the side you ran power on) under the door sills (theres plenty of room) then under the carpet and that plastic armrest in the back, if you stick your hand in between the seatback and the actually seat part there is a bolt you can remove which should help you pull the bottom part of the seat up far enough to find the wires then remove the trunk liner and the wires will be right there.

try attaching a piece of wire to the end of the rcas its easier to direct them when there is something more solid on the end than those floppy connectors
Old 04-30-2005 | 06:18 PM
MuayThai scrappa

Originally Posted by Hobo
go from the headunit outs, over to a side (preferably opposite the side you ran power on) under the door sills (theres plenty of room) then under the carpet and that plastic armrest in the back, if you stick your hand in between the seatback and the actually seat part there is a bolt you can remove which should help you pull the bottom part of the seat up far enough to find the wires then remove the trunk liner and the wires will be right there.

try attaching a piece of wire to the end of the rcas its easier to direct them when there is something more solid on the end than those floppy connectors
exactly how i ran em..nice post..i was too lazy to get into it
Old 04-30-2005 | 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by endlessdragon
another thing klepto...i'm on your site right now and the audio install section isn't linked properly...do u have an updated link for that?
i havent put anything in that section yet, stupid comcast ive filled up all my webspace and they wont give me more
Old 04-30-2005 | 10:03 PM
its paid for

yeah the easiest way to run all that, assuming you have the time and tools, is to remove the seats, and the center console (cupholder, armrest part). Then you have all sorts of room to work. If you go that route I would recommend a shop manual, there are some specific torque settings for the seat bolts, and it just helps.
Old 05-01-2005 | 01:41 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by jandj2204
im pretty sure the EASIEST way is to go under your door sills.
under the door sills, and there are holes on the bottom corners of the seat, by where the seat belts bolt, just shove them in there, and reach into the carpet through the ski port, and you'll find em. that's how my power trigger, and rca's are run
Old 05-01-2005 | 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by KLepTo
i havent put anything in that section yet, stupid comcast ive filled up all my webspace and they wont give me more
Klep, I'm in the process of setting up a webserver. Once I get it up, I'll hook you up with as much web space as you need. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-01-2005 | 07:18 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

damn i didnt know how much work would be involved in installing subs and a amp. i did it in my old RX but i didnt have backseats so it made it easier.
Old 05-01-2005 | 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by BlueCLRycR
damn i didnt know how much work would be involved in installing subs and a amp. i did it in my old RX but i didnt have backseats so it made it easier.
It's not that hard, you don't have to remove the back seats. It's "easier" that way, but for me it was way easier to just run the cables right through the holes at the edges of the seats, ran right through no prob, and can be conceeled under the seat easy. Not hard at all, and I've run new power lines and rca's like 5 times now
Old 05-04-2005 | 11:18 AM
alright alright alright!!

I also agree. It's not hard at all - it just takes a little time and patience. There's no need to take out the center console.

Just remember to run your RCA(s) and remote wire on the opposite side of your power wire.

From out of your deck, tuck them under your carpet to the start of your door sill. From there, run them under the door sill to behind the plastic molding in the back, and finally through the side of the seat and out into your trunk.

Make sure to get longer cables and wire than what you think you need!! Unlike most cars, our backseat does not fold down, so it can get a little combersome trying to wire everything up through the ski hole.

Hope we all helped - happy bumpin'.
Old 05-04-2005 | 01:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by bird10
I also agree. It's not hard at all - it just takes a little time and patience. There's no need to take out the center console.

Just remember to run your RCA(s) and remote wire on the opposite side of your power wire.

From out of your deck, tuck them under your carpet to the start of your door sill. From there, run them under the door sill to behind the plastic molding in the back, and finally through the side of the seat and out into your trunk.

Make sure to get longer cables and wire than what you think you need!! Unlike most cars, our backseat does not fold down, so it can get a little combersome trying to wire everything up through the ski hole.

Hope we all helped - happy bumpin'.
that's how mine's run. It was hard squeezin a 4 gauge under the door sill, gotta buy a new one, cuz I broke some of the clips. But just run everything under the door sills, and you'll be fine. I ran my remote the same way as my power, just to keep power wires together, and ran the rca's under the opposite side.