Old 09-16-2007, 09:58 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.....and get a new car bwhaha
Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eo2k1
So long story short i'm on my way home from school, i'm in the middle of this intersectio nand turning left. The light turns red, a car turning right (coming the opposite way) stopped, so i started to turn, and this guy in a ford explorer came barreling through the red light and hit me.
I didn't get to duke it out (not literally of course) with the guy, i was rushed to the hospital with lower back pain, which turned out to be nothing thankfully.

When the cop showed up at the hospital to get my statement it all turned even further south, the guy who ran the red light said he was going through a green light and that I tried to speed in front of him, which was total bullshit. The cop got 3 statements from witnesses, one saying it was red when i went through, one saying it was yellow when i went through, and I dont' remember what the third guy said.

Anyways, the cop said he was going to turn it over to a prosecutor who would determine who was at fault. I get the feeling i'm going to get screwed here even though the witnesses more or less back up my story over his obvious lie.

So here are the pics I took when I went to get some personal stuff out of my car.
***Warning, it's not pretty!***

I'm about 100% confident it's going to be totally. My sunroof it popped, my hood is popped, and my trunk is popped. The frame however, is NOT bent which might be my only savior. The airbag appears to be 'partially' deployed which is really bothering me. When the shop looks at it for repairs i'm going to have them look into the airbag and see if it should have deployed since at one point the SRS light was on and I took it to the dealer to get fixed.

I'm also concerned about the $1000+ stero equipment I had installed, you can already see that one of the front speakers and tweeter is fubared.

And everyone involved in the accident is ok, so so matter how mad I am I can atleast be thankful for that
tough break, good luck on the accident claim. from the looks of your car, you kept it up real nice too.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man it herts to see that. dont our cars have unibody frames???