got a ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:11 PM
green3.0CL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a ticket today

first speeding ticket ever, going down a hill 46 in a 30 gunned me on the way to class, but didn't write down my speed just gave me a moving violation. still 120 bucks, man i hate cops. i think im going ot take it to court
Old 10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Racer

cops suck man
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by 2point2CL
cops suck man
I got a $115 on my way to work a 14 hour day, on friday morning. Asshole gave me a ticket for 5 over the speed limit wtf
Old 10-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If he didnt write down the speed you should be able to beat it. The judge can't guess on how fast you were going.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm i was going 65 in a 40. (which was stupid because I was trying to avoid an accident when this guy turned right all of a sudden.) the ticket was $235 + $17 for traffic school.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by CL Platano
If he didnt write down the speed you should be able to beat it. The judge can't guess on how fast you were going.
The basic speed law says that u cant go faster than safe to do so. And visual estimation will hold in court. The cop has to show up and say "he was going faster than all the cars around him in an unsafe manner" and u just lost. sorry man. ive been through all this crap before..
Old 10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
I wish i could issue tickets to cops that i see braking the law reguardless of where they are going.
Dialog:
Me: Do you know why i pulled you over
cop: No
me: Well you were going 60 in a 25 and made an unsafe lane change, and upon coming to your car i see that you were not wearing your seatbelt.
Cop: But i was off to a murder scene, i needed to get there before the suspect gets away.
Me: Well if you went the speed limit and obeyed the traffic laws of signaling before you change lanes then you may arrive there in a timely fashion without putting other peoples lifes in your hands
Cop: But i had to get there before the suspect got away.
Me: so basically what you are telling me is that you are willing to put other peoples lifes at risk so you can fill up your quota????
Me again: Now just shut up and take your 1000$ ticket like a man before i make a citizens arrest on yoru ass!!!!

Im bored
Old 10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

damnit swervin stop watching Law & Order!!
Old 10-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

No, thats just a dream i have had every fuggin time i see a damn cop brake the law!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 04:39 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SwervinCL
No, thats just a dream i have had every fuggin time i see a damn cop brake the law!!!!!

but why are you dreaming about cops in the first place... haha
Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Official AZ photochopper

one thing that pisses me off is this one cop. theres this bar about a mile away from my house. i go there a few times a week somtimes less. anyways. i allways see this cop there somtimes with other cops, drinking all night, getting in the undercover cop car, and driving home. i know hes a cop, ive talked to him before. his car has the little blue/red lights above his rear view mirror, and in the rear window, with a city plate. so its not just a crown vic. one time three cops in the same type of undercover cars where there drinking a hell of a lot, and they all jumped in their cars and drove home... i want to be a dick and make a asshole comment to the one i see all the time... but im also a underager at a bar drinking, so its not like im completely innocent.

errrr.. i want to be a cop just to get away with stupid shit.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Racer

i wanna be a facist pig. where do you apply for a job like that?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Instructor

stop it people, cops dont suck, they put their lives at risk every day, sometimes they even die, they are trying to uphold the law, dont do 46 in a 25 and you wont get a ticket, those speed limits are there for a reason, to protect pedestrians, children, and others that share the roads with us
Old 10-27-2005, 01:03 AM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
dont you guys LOVE when they flash there lights to go on lunch?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i have to goto court tomorrow to take care of a gay ass front plate ticket that I got on my way to washing my car for HID three weeks ago

i swear i wouldnt have gotten pulled over if i wasnt cruising with my friend who drives a slammed accord with CF hood, trunk and rims.

I bet the cop thought we were going street racing or something. granted it WAS like midnight but still...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 AM
about::blank

Originally Posted by sayanythingrock
first speeding ticket ever, going down a hill 46 in a 30 gunned me on the way to class, but didn't write down my speed just gave me a moving violation. still 120 bucks, man i hate cops. i think im going ot take it to court
lol don't you hate these speed limits? was it tpd, fsupd, tccpd, fhp, cpd or a sheriff's deputy?? also, what road? i need to avoid that street lol

even if the cop said that he was driving faster than the other cars around him...who's to say that the other cars around him were driving beneath the speed limit? maybe the other people or person was rubber-necking, or didn't know where they were going and holding up traffic like retards?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yossi
stop it people, cops dont suck, they put their lives at risk every day, sometimes they even die, they are trying to uphold the law, dont do 46 in a 25 and you wont get a ticket, those speed limits are there for a reason, to protect pedestrians, children, and others that share the roads with us
tahts true, and to be honest im pretty sure we respect them for that... but some of them are real assholes who dont like anything better to do than pic on us poor people
Old 10-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

I had this cop ( transit cop mind you ) almost cause an accident to threaten me..We were on a two lane road that merges into one and this suv comes flying by and cuts me off no signal or nothing. I stay on his ass and once it opens up to 2 I fly by him as he is about to go into the lane ( without a signal again ). Well I hit it to my turn ( I used my signal ) then I hear brakes lock up and this tool of a transit cop stops next to me and yells at me saying the next time I do so shit like that again he'll tow my car. I look at his uniform and tell him the only thing you can tow is my Metrocard so get to work you're late and have a nice day.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

^^
Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Once you get arrested for some stupid shit, your opinion will change.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by recycledpaper
tahts true, and to be honest im pretty sure we respect them for that... but some of them are real assholes who dont like anything better to do than pic on us poor people

Yes, and lots of pizza delivery guys are ass holes, and lots of cable installer guys are assholes, but we dont bash them as a group. The only reason why it seems that all cops are bad is because as a group, the only time we interact with cops is when they pull us over for Breaking The Law"

I work as an EMT, and come into contact with cops every day, they are good, honest, hard working, and devoted people. I watched a cop squeeze his hand thru a broken windshield to hold the hand of an old lady who was trapped in her car while she waited for the extrication to come. He ended up needing 27 stiches on his wrist.

The bottom line is if cops ignored speeders, everyone would speed, if they ignored people who didnt have front plates on, no one would have front plates on. And if everyone sped, the roads would be much more dangerous, and if no one bothered to put plates on because they knew cops werent enforcing it, think about the large number of criminals that would get away because cops arent able to do random license plate checks and find the child molesters, bail evaders and others.

Yes, we have all had bad incidents with cops, but being involved with them on a daily basis, i can confidently say that i have seen them ALOT more often in a positive light than in a bad one.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Yes, and lots of pizza delivery guys are ass holes, and lots of cable installer guys are assholes, but we dont bash them as a group. The only reason why it seems that all cops are bad is because as a group, the only time we interact with cops is when they pull us over for Breaking The Law"

I work as an EMT, and come into contact with cops every day, they are good, honest, hard working, and devoted people. I watched a cop squeeze his hand thru a broken windshield to hold the hand of an old lady who was trapped in her car while she waited for the extrication to come. He ended up needing 27 stiches on his wrist.

The bottom line is if cops ignored speeders, everyone would speed, if they ignored people who didnt have front plates on, no one would have front plates on. And if everyone sped, the roads would be much more dangerous, and if no one bothered to put plates on because they knew cops werent enforcing it, think about the large number of criminals that would get away because cops arent able to do random license plate checks and find the child molesters, bail evaders and others.

Yes, we have all had bad incidents with cops, but being involved with them on a daily basis, i can confidently say that i have seen them ALOT more often in a positive light than in a bad one.

Yeah maybe when they are NOT wearing their uniform!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Of course while you are in your EMT uniform the will be on their best behavior ..
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Soul Rebel

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Of course while you are in your EMT uniform the will be on their best behavior ..
yup. Sort of a clique
Old 10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
green3.0CL

i just can't stand cops who set up speed traps, give tickets to people double parked, or meter maids...you can be giving a guy a speeding ticket going 15 over on a empty road with no sidewalks, just doesn't make sense. meanwhile 1/2 mile over someone is being robbed. that is what annoys me
Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Senior Moderator

just came back from court. $10 for the stupid no front plate ticket. Whoopee
Old 10-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KLepTo
just came back from court. $10 for the stupid no front plate ticket. Whoopee
Damn. How are you gonna afford that?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:56 PM
green3.0CL

adam carolla was pissed about that on his show on tlc they were gonna have a warrent out for him over a license plate
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

The front plate thing is a bit rediculous and as for speeding, WTF? I can get on I35 and go 70mph and people will fly by like I am some kind of idiot. Not just sporty cars, but Joe Blow in the beat-up-ass Ford Ecconoline van... not to mention semis. And yeah cops are only doing their jobs, but you gotta admit some of them are bad apples. As are many people from many walks of life. We are all human. I do beleive there are places where speed limits should be "reasonably prudent." I mean, what good is a cop doing to pull over a car going 80mph in a 70mph on the open interstate...

Oh yeah and as for TAG checkpoints... What a load of shit. This isn't cold war Russia. It is wrong for cops to do sobriety checkpoints simply because it assumes the public to be guilty of a crime with no probable cause. I don't drink, but I take offense to a cop shinning his flashlight at me at 11pm asking if I have had anything to drink tonight. Fuck that, go find a rapist or some ass clown beating his wife. Don't hassle me on my way home from work just to see if I've been drinking or whatever.

just my 2 pennies worth.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:24 AM
green3.0CL

well said
Old 10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Im No Superman

damn the :cop:.. good luck in court :/
Old 10-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Instructor

i agree dont be a dumbass. and speed in school zones that shit pisses me off
Old 10-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kwelling12
Damn. How are you gonna afford that?
its obviously not the price issue. the cop was pacing me for 5 min and was just looking for a reason to pull me over. He asked me three times if I had been drinking and I hadnt. He seriously nothing better to do than to pick me out and pull me over.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Racer

I agree.. it's the most thankless job in the world and the shift work is hard on their families

These people who seem to think that the laws apply to everybody else but not them need to get a life and take some responsiblity for their own actions.

Threads like this one and all the 20 year old boy-racer, freeload-at-home tuner part talk are a big reason why I don't read this forum on a daily basis anymore.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Originally Posted by Dan3952
I agree.. it's the most thankless job in the world and the shift work is hard on their families

These people who seem to think that the laws apply to everybody else but not them need to get a life and take some responsiblity for their own actions.

Threads like this one and all the 20 year old boy-racer, freeload-at-home tuner part talk are a big reason why I don't read this forum on a daily basis anymore.
WTF STFU, I haven't lived at home since I was 17... I'm 35 now, and I like this forum. And, isn't "tuner part talk" why we come here? Besides, there are plenty of OGs on here to keep the kids in line... As for rant threads, hey man, KlepTo is a cool mofo. If he wants to rant a little, he has every right. And if you are too old to enjoy the forum, then by all means, see ya'.

And yeah, don't fucking speed in school zones. That is very stupid and you could really mess up your life, not to mention some kid's.

Sorry for the rant guys... That just bugged me.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Racer

Well I don't read most of the tuner part threads because it doesn't interest me and I think it's a waste of money.. I think that there *IS* a social commentary to be made that people in their early twenties are generally more interested in their cars than buying houses.. things change as we get older and incur more responsibilities.

This province has photo radar, and I think it's largely a cash cow.. I'm not convinced that it makes the roads any safer. I myself have been speeding in school and playground zones before.. sometimes I just don't see the signs, they're tiny and yellow and sometimes there can be buses blocking them and stuff.

Originally Posted by ajtcl
WTF STFU, I haven't lived at home since I was 17... I'm 35 now, and I like this forum. And, isn't "tuner part talk" why we come here? Besides, there are plenty of OGs on here to keep the kids in line... As for rant threads, hey man, KlepTo is a cool mofo. If he wants to rant a little, he has every right. And if you are too old to enjoy the forum, then by all means, see ya'.

And yeah, don't fucking speed in school zones. That is very stupid and you could really mess up your life, not to mention some kid's.

Sorry for the rant guys... That just bugged me.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Peace, Love & Acura

Originally Posted by Dan3952
Well I don't read most of the tuner part threads because it doesn't interest me and I think it's a waste of money.. I think that there *IS* a social commentary to be made that people in their early twenties are generally more interested in their cars than buying houses.. things change as we get older and incur more responsibilities.

This province has photo radar, and I think it's largely a cash cow.. I'm not convinced that it makes the roads any safer. I myself have been speeding in school and playground zones before.. sometimes I just don't see the signs, they're tiny and yellow and sometimes there can be buses blocking them and stuff.
PS...
I bought my house when I was 26. Funny, got sick of renting... even funnier, I didn't own a car till I was 27. Now that is gonna make my kids crazy whenever I have some. I can honestly tell them I rode a bicycle to school up hill both ways in snow storms, rain, heat, WTFE. But yeah, I'm a little backward. My car has become my 2nd hobby asside from my GT mountain bike and my Crescent sprint bike. And for the record, I'm not hating on you man, I just got a little peeved about the 20-year-old comment.