Got Royally Screwed!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 06:45 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Royally Screwed!!

I sent money through paypal to this guy for a 5zigen fireball exhaust. i usually only do COD but i thought my money would be secure through paypal. well to make a long story short, i have not received any responses to my emails since friday, he deleted his post on partstrader, and he closed his email account. i went on my paypal account today and clicked on transaction detail. it said somethin like this transaction has been reversed. so i am wondering if i am gettin my money back but it wasn't in my account when i looked today. what do you guys think?? i already posted a complaint to paypal and they are investigating it.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:50 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck! I complained to PayPal.com for $400.00 I sent for a HID set and never received it. They told me it would take 30 days to investigate. After the 30 days (and many e-mails from me) PayPal finally agreed that I was due money back, but because the seller closed his account, I could not get my money back!

The reversal that they've done, does not mean that you will receive your money. By the time they complete their investigation, they other guy can close his account and keep your money. File a "fraud" complaint through eBay. You may have better luck getting your money back, through them
Old 12-12-2001, 07:28 PM
Turn Signals are good!

sorry to hear about that... I thought the whole reason for pay pal was so ppl didnt get screwed like that... I dunno, never used it myself.

For anyones information, Jawo can be trusted... I got my springs from him... and he can say the same for me, cause obviously he got the deck from me. Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I dont think he was using ebay, but even if he was..ebay will only refund a part of the money. Something like....what was it, 20% or something?

My gf got screwed on ebay once when she was trying to buy me a real tag watch as a gift...long story short, the guy emailed her off ebay and asked if she would like to buy one..something about how he owns a watch store and could get her another one. Well she agrees and sends paypal...600, he screws her, tells her that one of his workers accidentally sold the watch and now he has to wait for another one. We asked for the refund, but he wouldn't give it....said something about his business manager would have to take care of it..

After 2 months and countless emails to paypal, they finally refunded her the money. A month later though, paypal changed their policy to something like only refunding 50% or something...

Basically what I am saying is, keep trying. You will get your money back one way or another.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:47 PM
An Official Cl Whore

Paypal

What a mess!!!!
You think that since a company is in business to provide people with reassurance these things couldn't happen. I have dealt with things like this before. What I would do is contact every party that is involved to try for a remedy. Get everyone involved. If you payed by credit card, you may have a right to not pay for the item on your statement. Then the credit card company would take over. Just don't give up and keep bothering Paypal. Just remember to not loose your cool, and eventually, you will get your money back.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:00 AM
Racer

i didn't use credit card. i used my debit card through my back. i would go to my bank and tell them to stop the payment but it's already been made
Old 12-13-2001, 12:16 AM
i like chicken

sorry to hear that, and sorry agian i dont carry 5zigen.
Old 12-13-2001, 02:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by shatooi
i didn't use credit card. i used my debit card through my back. i would go to my bank and tell them to stop the payment but it's already been made
Ouch, that is a reason to not use debit when it is for a larger amount..especially with someone that you dont know. Sorry man..
Old 12-13-2001, 01:25 PM
Racer

I got ripped off for about 1200 from ebay... tryin to buy a kenwood TV/DVD/monitor for my car... Paypal has told me that they "froze" his account and that i could get my money back only if he had money in the account before they froze it. I'm not sure If there is money in there or not, but I am still in that 30 day waiting period.... Who knows... I may lose 1200 dollars, unless my credit card company is nice enough to not hold me liable.

In short, PAYPAL is NOT SECURE. The way it works is f*cked up... even if they have his bank account on file, they cant do anything if you have been frauded b/c the guy can withdraw all the money from his account right after you send it to him. PAYPAL is not secure... dont use it unless you know who you are sending money too. I learned the hard way.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:43 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by SumkidwithaCL
sorry to hear about that... I thought the whole reason for pay pal was so ppl didnt get screwed like that... I dunno, never used it myself.

For anyones information, Jawo can be trusted... I got my springs from him... and he can say the same for me, cause obviously he got the deck from me. Thanks again.
Thanks for the compliment...and for the trade. I got the new deck installed already and it's considerably better than the stock one. The only problem is I can't use my stock CD changer coz the new one uses AI-Net. But it's ok. The new deck's worth it. I just gotta see that colorful deck.