good news

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:53 AM
CL-
Three - Point - OH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good news

I have a good news.
I just got my car back from acura... the changed all the belts, pumps, and ect.. and the comp' some like 5 sensors (few recalled once) and the cost was about 2K.. But it was really worth it.. The car drives almost new and the pick up on the car had really improved.

BTW, I never knew the trunk was keyless. I always thought you had to open it from the inside
Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just saved money on your car insurance by switching to geico?

had to
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by CL-
I have a good news.
I just got my car back from acura... the changed all the belts, pumps, and ect.. and the comp' some like 5 sensors (few recalled once) and the cost was about 2K.. But it was really worth it.. The car drives almost new and the pick up on the car had really improved.

BTW, I never knew the trunk was keyless. I always thought you had to open it from the inside
Old 09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by agranado

had to
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

had to

Classic...

You keep getting funnier and funnier.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Flap.

not sure i would have put 2k into a CL, but im glad you are happy with the results
Old 09-15-2005, 02:53 PM
First EVER K24 Turbo CL

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LMAO Alex!!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Revelation 3:15-17

I wish we had the rep point system, I'd give alex negative after negative points.
Maybe that's the reason why we don't have it.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
how handsome I am

Old 09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hobo
not sure i would have put 2k into a CL, but im glad you are happy with the results
2k into the CL ? why not ?

i'd appretiate a response like:

2,000 of your hard-earned dollars went to an Acura Dealership/Service Center -

I hope you can face the reality of that .

the dealership is a crook!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Instructor

I would say I've put about 2K to 4K in my 97' CL but I have an excuse: I drive my CL like I'm in the 24 hours of Lemans. I've pegged that car up to 140 on the speedometer plenty of times, put 244,000 miles on it with over half of those miles being blistering highway miles averaging 100mph back and forth between Key West and Birmingham, Alabama--over 1000 miles one way. Yes, my CL is an automatic and I've drag raced from traffic light to traffic light shifting and pushing each gear to the limit, just before the rev limiter kicked in, beating or tieing most of the cars I raced. Some of them were shocked because they thought my car was a stick.

So far, I've only had to drop in a new transmition (go figure), a new radiator, spark plug wires and an oxy sensor, front rotors, a left front wheel bearing, and I just changed all the belts and hoses as well as the timing belt earlier this year. It had the original timing belt and still pulled hard past the redline (7000RPM)--I changed the timing belt at 230,000 miles. Yes, people, over 98% of my CL had factory equipment on it until about a year ago and I STILL have the original shocks and struts on it and it rides SMOOTHER than my sister's 2004 BMW 5 Series yet can still take a corner very well. The paint job has held up exceptionally well considering I've over-buffed it from time to time, somewhat burning the finish and suffered a few nicks and scratches--my fault.

It it worth putting 2K in a CL? Hell yeah!!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:50 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by USURPER
I would say I've put about 2K to 4K in my 97' CL but I have an excuse: I drive my CL like I'm in the 24 hours of Lemans. I've pegged that car up to 140 on the speedometer plenty of times, put 244,000 miles on it with over half of those miles being blistering highway miles averaging 100mph back and forth between Key West and Birmingham, Alabama--over 1000 miles one way. Yes, my CL is an automatic and I've drag raced from traffic light to traffic light shifting and pushing each gear to the limit, just before the rev limiter kicked in, beating or tieing most of the cars I raced. Some of them were shocked because they thought my car was a stick.

So far, I've only had to drop in a new transmition (go figure), a new radiator, spark plug wires and an oxy sensor, front rotors, a left front wheel bearing, and I just changed all the belts and hoses as well as the timing belt earlier this year. It had the original timing belt and still pulled hard past the redline (7000RPM)--I changed the timing belt at 230,000 miles. Yes, people, over 98% of my CL had factory equipment on it until about a year ago and I STILL have the original shocks and struts on it and it rides SMOOTHER than my sister's 2004 BMW 5 Series yet can still take a corner very well. The paint job has held up exceptionally well considering I've over-buffed it from time to time, somewhat burning the finish and suffered a few nicks and scratches--my fault.

It it worth putting 2K in a CL? Hell yeah!!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by dragon084
2k into the CL ? why not ?

i'd appretiate a response like:

2,000 of your hard-earned dollars went to an Acura Dealership/Service Center -

I hope you can face the reality of that .

the dealership is a crook!

just saying that in my spot, i wouldnt have done that, but im glad that he is happy with the results.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Hey, agranado, what kind of car do you have? I'm sure, if you live in Miami, that you've raced down US-1 between Homestead and Key Largo. I've driven a lot of places but there isn't a stretch of road on this side of the country that's more race ready that that stretch of road.

I wonder what the death toll sign is up to now--the one they have as you're leaving Florida City? I think it was up to 12 people last time I was there.

I raced a 3.0CL: we were about even. I raced a red Vigor: smoked his ass on the top end. I also raced a Boxter: some rich mama's boy and his girlfriend cruisin' down the street with the top down.

He came up on my rear bumper when I was cruising at about 70. He gunned it by me and, as you know, my 2.2 ain't worth a shyt for speed until it hits 80 at 3500RPMs so I dropped it down from 4th to 3rd and let my girl scream until it hit about 6500RPMs, seconds before the rev limiter tapped the engine, and pushed it back up to 4th. I walked his ass down just in time before the 4 lanes turned back into 2 lanes.

We took turns weaving in traffic, nearly hitting each other but I had totally smoked him by the time we got near the draw bridge. Heh, heh, heh....

Modifications:

Belts
Hoses
Timing belt
Front rotors
Spark plug wires
oxy sensors
fuel filter
12 inch MTX sub
500 watt MTX amp

Driving skills: Priceless
Old 09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by USURPER
Hey, agranado, what kind of car do you have? I'm sure, if you live in Miami, that you've raced down US-1 between Homestead and Key Largo. I've driven a lot of places but there isn't a stretch of road on this side of the country that's more race ready that that stretch of road.

I wonder what the death toll sign is up to now--the one they have as you're leaving Florida City? I think it was up to 12 people last time I was there.

I raced a 3.0CL: we were about even. I raced a red Vigor: smoked his ass on the top end. I also raced a Boxter: some rich mama's boy and his girlfriend cruisin' down the street with the top down.

He came up on my rear bumper when I was cruising at about 70. He gunned it by me and, as you know, my 2.2 ain't worth a shyt for speed until it hits 80 at 3500RPMs so I dropped it down from 4th to 3rd and let my girl scream until it hit about 6500RPMs, seconds before the rev limiter tapped the engine, and pushed it back up to 4th. I walked his ass down just in time before the 4 lanes turned back into 2 lanes.

We took turns weaving in traffic, nearly hitting each other but I had totally smoked him by the time we got near the draw bridge. Heh, heh, heh....

Modifications:

Belts
Hoses
Timing belt
Front rotors
Spark plug wires
oxy sensors
fuel filter
12 inch MTX sub
500 watt MTX amp

Driving skills: Priceless
haha are you a miami native? I've never been that far south (im in the miami springs/hialeah/miami lakes area... Ive gone up against a few cars though... a riced out sentra ( ) a 300m most recently (last generation, and it was pretty even entire way). There are alot of cars in this area you DONT want to mess with though.. Ive seena a few of them.. hehe.

Either way, I'll make sure I'll check that area out sometime... I've had this car, (a 2.2 5spd CL + mods in sig, btw) and if you are in the MIA, send me a PM and we'll meet up somewhere. There are others down here who are ready and willing to meet up too.

-Alex