ghetto thugs want my rims!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghetto thugs want my rims!

So, my sister moves in across the street from our house. This evening she's outside smoking, and she sees three dudes walk up to my car (which is parked outside of my garage)..look..in the window...and make a comment on how they "gotta get my rims". So, strange thing...Just as they are walking by I throw up the garage door...scaring the shit out of them...and proceed to clean up my car for the show tommorow. Meanwhile they are sitting down the other end of the alley watching me the entire time. Now i'm going to have to keep my car in the garage at all times, pack a pistol...(cause nobody's touching my ride but me!), and worry about my wife when i'm not home, because they know that I keep it in the garage...and my luck they'll break in.

Anyway...how secure are wheel locks?

Should I be worried even?...I don't know...Comments welcome!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Flap.

maybe they were just lookin at ur ride, or maybe not... better safe than sorry though, so i'd get the wheel locks, from what i hear they are very good, only removable with the key, or there are those special lugs with different #'s of sides where you need a special wrench to get em off...
good luck
Old 08-14-2003, 04:30 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Doesn't hurt to have wheel locks, they aren't that expensive compared to what you spend on custom rims.

Unfortunately if someone wants your stuff bad enough they'll get it.

Other than that, keep it in the garage as much as possible and make sure your insurance policy is up to date
Old 08-14-2003, 04:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
wheel locks are very easy to bypass (don't ask me how I know, I was a bad teenager.) But what I do recommend is wheel locks for more then one nut per wheel. They still run a risk, but it's a bitch getting a lock off and most good thefts will walk away when they see two.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

let 'em have it...just make sure your comprehensive insurance deductible low enough Trust me, isn't worth the drama of having to shoot kids for stealing, then getting sued yourself for protecing your own property
Old 08-14-2003, 05:00 PM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

a while ago, i used to park my car outside the house and after recent car breakins in the neighborhood, i set up a camera on the window still and recorded my car at nights. i was paranoid as shit.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Racer

I have wheel locks on there...but I'm not sure how secure they make the rims!
Old 08-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Racer

ghander was right...he was a bad teenager.

Seriously, they are easy to bypass, but most thiefs will not spend the time to bypass them. I think the common thief spends less than 5 minutes removing all wheels, meaning that if you can add just one minute of expected time to their venture, then you can seriously decrease their chances of even trying....if that makes any sense.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

shoot first.... ask questions later. consider it population control.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Pro

set them up by leaving it out and try to catch them!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:17 AM
We dont love these hoes

if you got a gun your straight, catch them in the act and let the fuckers have it
Old 08-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally posted by ghander
wheel locks are very easy to bypass (don't ask me how I know, I was a bad teenager.) But what I do recommend is wheel locks for more then one nut per wheel. They still run a risk, but it's a bitch getting a lock off and most good thefts will walk away when they see two.

He's right! Theives don't like to deal with more than one wheel lock on the same rim.
Pain in da ass!:angry:

Watch the brand you get too. It's really easy to go buy the wheel locks you have on your car. The theif could go to the dealer and get the locks (that come with the key) and your wheel locks are no longer any good. Stay away from all Acura and Honda wheel locks.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

just a few tips I've leanred along the way from having my car ALMOST stolen 3-4 times

everything is easy to bypass if you know how - wheel locks, clubs, most alarms. The only thing these things do is add more time to a car thief which increases their risk. But if they really want your can they will try or damage you car trying. You also have to separate out what you are trying to protect - the car from being stolen, or just from being broken into - or the wheels itself. In general, wheel lock usually deters average thieves just trying to take your rims. if you have multiple wheel locks, most good car thiefs will just steal you car and then drill them out. So ultimately you want to make it as difficult as possible to steal your car. If you use a club (not many do anymore), always mount it so the lock faces the windshield. this makes it more diifficult to work on the lock, either freezing it/smashin it with a hammer or dent pulling the lock out. If you have an older model honda/acura, make sure the club covers the center steering pad where the bolt is located - theives used to carry spare steering wheels around and then switch them with the clubbed steering wheel. If you park somewhere unsafe or for a long period of time - remove the distributor coil wire and stick in you pocket - takes just a few seconds and has saved my car/rims on many occasions. Also if you have an older model honda, install a metal bracket between the hood grill and the hood latch cable. Thieves will pull the cable through the hood with piers, pop the hood and cut your alarms wires without even getting into your car.

And if they tow your car- well not much you can do there..they will tow your shit with the alarm going off if they have to.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Comrade Stalin

WOW

Jesus christ where do you live lowpost?? If you have parked somewhere that you had to resort to taking out your distributer coil wire, not to mention the fact that this was actually the reason your car didn't get stolen, would imply you really really really should not be in that area lol. How many times have you been shot?? lol
Old 08-15-2003, 09:22 AM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
let me guess. . .

gun store, gun store, liqour store, gun store, where the F*ck u takin me!?!?!?!

hehehe
Old 08-15-2003, 09:26 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Re: WOW

Originally posted by 97Cl22
Jesus christ where do you live lowpost?? If you have parked somewhere that you had to resort to taking out your distributer coil wire
it's amazing how many theifs out there carry an extra coil wire w/ them
Old 08-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Comrade Stalin

LOL Acura3.0CL. I love dave chapelle. But don't try to pawn it off as your own jokes hehe :P
Old 08-15-2003, 11:34 AM

LOL Acura3.0CL. I love dave chapelle. But don't try to pawn it off as your own jokes hehe :P
haha yea i know...i was wondering who elce would knowtice that...i love him too...hes soo funny...

and who knows, maybe theirs babys standin on the corner?? hehe
Old 08-15-2003, 11:52 AM
An online pimp

You gotta be careful, if theyre peeping out your rims man, theyll cruise back for em at a later time. You gotta think about the saftey for your family too. So you gotta be street smart and park ride in the garage at all times. Call the cops , ask em to make routine drive bys , and give em descriptions of those suckas. Or, you can just hit those crooks up.. and give em a heads up ,like you know wassup..
Old 08-15-2003, 01:07 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

I say make friends with them first. IF that don't work, shoot the bastards.

Let somebody try to steal my car and rims, it's gonna be one helluva fight, and I plan on going home afterwards to drink a beer, so you figure out who the 911 call is for.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Comrade Stalin

and who knows, maybe theirs babys standin on the corner?? hehe
Maybe their sellin weed...who knows? Maybe there were some hooded white men beatin on his door. You just never know.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:46 PM
TEAM BLUR So. CAL

dude .. . . get four different locks. one lock for each lug on your rim. get them from different places. don't buy them in the same store. gorilla locks are cool. the keys are one of a kind. make sure they lock real different. also get cut off switches for your ride in case they want to take the whole thing. there are alot of cut off switches you can do. my friend has one that if you don't put on your seatbelt, the car won't start. just little things like that will keep your car safe.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Racer

Thanks for all the info guys!. Unfortunatley I do have acura wheel locks on there, so I will be purchasing some extra special ones! Secondly, you can bet your asses she's in the garage...staying safe. I just can't believe some people. It's a shame that you bust your ass to have something nice...and someones always trying to bring you down! Nobody will touch my car If I have anything to do with it, thats for sure!
Shitty thing too...I just got the damn rims on a week ago!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
dude, they jsut took my car. Thanks to the wheel locks they only got 3 of the rims. Couldnt get the forth off, and it was the only one that was not dented. While they were at it, they took one headlight bulb. my spark plug wires, my battery, my intake and my stereo. The insurance company was not even gonna total it out until they moved it from the impound yard to the auto body shop. they dropped it off the flatbed and it went through a wall...Then the fuckers totaled it out.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Racer

suck!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:59 PM
We dont love these hoes

Why do people have to be like that, i hate hearing stuff like this, fuck theives
Old 08-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
From what I've read, get two different wheel locks per wheel. Put the diff locks 180 deg. from each other. I've seen dudes take off three lugs and break off the lock/lug by ripping the tire up. Two across from each other, should slow em down.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Racer

SwervinCL, your story makes me want to cry. That is fucked up..oh man, I am so sorry...that is just terrible.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Racer

man fo people that use the club that sheit is useless...i got the autolock on my cl...even people that i noe that use to steal cars recommend it...oh yeah i remember that diehard make these security batterys that wont start unless u press the alarm control..that will stop those fools
Old 08-18-2003, 06:49 AM
~aka~chester~pingusa~

wheel locks will work but if they really want them they will get em. i had locks on all four lugs on each rim and those bastards waited till i went out of town and stole my 18's .... but i do know it took em a while .... if they want em they will take em
Old 08-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Pro

Show of force.

Open carry! If any "thugs" walk up my drive-way and scopes out my car....I'd be putting them my sights of an AR-15 from the upstairs window and yelling at them as to what the hell they are doing.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: WOW

Jesus christ where do you live lowpost?? If you have parked somewhere that you had to resort to taking out your distributer coil wire, not to mention the fact that this was actually the reason your car didn't get stolen, would imply you really really really should not be in that area lol. How many times have you been shot?? lol
it's not where I live - it's where I hang. The last time someone tried to jack my car (not my CL), I was at a club in the City (SF). Got back to my car, hood was up, trunk was up, cut power to alarm, cut power to backup battery, club was on the floor (this was in 96), ignition was pulled. But I had my coil wire in my pocket. Luckily I carry tools in my trunk so had a nice flat blade to start my car - had to drive around like that for a month until I could get my car fixed.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:14 AM

sorry to sound like a dumbass but iver never heard of this coil wire thingy....where is it, what does it look like and how hard is it to take out and then put back in?? How does it prevent people from stealin the car??

lol, yes im a dumbass, sorry, im not good with the whole engine department...
Old 08-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Racer

lol. the coil wire is the wire on your engine from the battery to your distributor/spark plugs. some people call either wire their "coil wire" depending on who you ask. Basically without those wires the enging will not receive a spark and not start.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:46 AM
The Bearwok

That sucks that you guys had all that happen to your cars. I had one break in in an old civic and learned my lesson. If it looks showy, theives will try to jack it, or something in it. My GSR had a 4000 dollar stereo in it and enough mods to push 220 horsepower. But here are some things it didn't have:

Non- Stock Rims, stick with OEM
Stickers
Noticable Drop
4" Exhaust Tip
Tint
aftermarket tweeter covers
bodykit
an alarm that made a beep noise when armed
Calipers painted any color but black

The car looked stock, I have left that car unlocked overnight in some of the worst places in michigan including detroit and nothing has ever been stolen, because it looked like there was nothing to steal. At least until you got the hood open.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
we leave my friend's garage door open one night and this one big...really cut black guy just walk into the garage and pull his alpine radio. one of our other friend was pulling up and stall him leaning inside the car...he thought it was one of us...when the theif ran off he realize it wasn't us and ran into the house at 1AM screaming. we all chased him...before i know it...i was chasing him by myself....me and the thief leave them...well i was drunk...but i knew that dude was big...tyson got nothing on this guy. but he thoguht he lost me by running into this dark field with bushes...i caught that fool hiding in a bush and i start swing..he didnt hit back....then my friends show up after fucking 2-4min later