Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 10:21 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm fucking lost!
Old 08-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Not Fast But Built 2 Last

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help....I have the final ISO and it's about 480 MB. I don't know what to do next. I have tried using IsoBuster and another utility but can't seem to get anything from them. I also have the two angelfire downloads.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 08-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Racer

You now need to use a program that burns ISO files. CDRWin is a program that burns ISO, also a program I believe called ?FireBurner? There's a Demo for CDRWin but you'll be burning at 1X it'll take an Hour. That's the legit way to do it.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:13 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Ricka220
Please help....I have the final ISO and it's about 480 MB. I don't know what to do next. I have tried using IsoBuster and another utility but can't seem to get anything from them. I also have the two angelfire downloads.
Thanks,
Rick
There's also a program called WinonCD and that can burn an ISO.

Here's the link for instructions. But first go to ZDNet.com or Cnet.com and download it. A trial version. And then go here:

http://www.geocities.com/chrillipalmer/

to see how to burn the ISO.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-17-2002, 12:28 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
ok guys for all that info...just leave it blank...sorry i forgot about posting what to do there...i just left it all blank and it was fine..for account # just put 1234

Also this is my last post for a couple of days cuz i am moving into my apartment for college tomorrow...saturday...so i won't have internet access for a bit...but i'll try to get online as soon as possible..

CL'S
Old 08-17-2002, 12:53 AM
You know him right?

For everyone that has not yet downloaded the files:
Go here to download CuteFTP. This my favourite program to access FTP servers. Once you install it, you can input the info that matts gave us (IP/Address, user name, password). The program is similar to Windows Explorer.

For everyone that has iso file:
Once you downloaded the iso, use either Adaptec Easy CD Creator and for to FILE>Burn CD from Image and find the file and burn it (you may have to switch the file type to find .iso)

OR

Go here and download WinISO. This is a shareware program, so you will have to search for a serial/crack or buy it!! :P This program will allow you to extract all of the files in the .iso into a directory of your choice. From here you can do whatever you want with the files (ie. if the program asks you for the cd, direct it to this directory)
Old 08-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Racer

I think HornyLep is sending me this in the mail, however, I just had to download it. Thanks Matt... for hosting it. I'll see if I can get it on a T1 line, or maybe fiber optic. I'll first host it on a DSL line though. Maybe a little slow but maybe better for those who can't download in the quota of five.

ANyhow, installed the program and the disc that we have is mainly for Acura, Honda, and Isuzu. Install was rather simple, with a little swaping of the Floppies (REAL SLOW NOWADAYS!!) and the CD must be used to access the manual for our cars. The program is offered by a company called Mitchell and the whole software suite is $5000!!!

Good thing we got this. The program is awesome!!! It's similar to that used in Acura but it's not the same. Very detailed and informative. Shows you just about everything with pretty good diagrams. Whoever doesn't have this, get it! I needed it for the suspension portion since with minor frame damage my alignment is completely off, so I'm calculating and doing a little modification of my own.

Alright everyone, I'll have my FTP up soon, just gotta clear out all the WAREZ!!! It's not as fast as a OC3 but working on getting it on a T1 or Fiber Optic (which I think is OC3?!!).

Hopefully everyone gives kudos to HornyLep for this!!! THe guys awesome to have something like this setup for us and thanks to Matts8008 for that extremely fast connection. You da Man!!!

Sorry for the long post, just that all this is awesome.

Peace
Old 08-17-2002, 10:52 AM
'97 CL 3.0 Black

I just finished downloading mine....

MANY THANKS TO hornyleprechaun and Matts8008 and to everyone that hosted the files for download...

peace
Old 08-17-2002, 06:58 PM
You know him right?

Damn, is anyone here using WINDOWS XP? I tried to install the first diskette and it said that the application was not a valid Win32 application? And then I finally got it to start installing and it came to the setup.exe file, it didn't work and the install became corrupt. Anyone with this problem?
Old 08-17-2002, 07:31 PM

I have XP and I can't get beyond the disk burn. I got a copy of WinISO full version and CDRWIN4 and 5 full version. A copy of ISO Buster, and who knows what else. I even burned the final ISO right onto the CD and it's on there but will not do anything when played in the rom drive. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing! LOL.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Ricka220
I have XP and I can't get beyond the disk burn. I got a copy of WinISO full version and CDRWIN4 and 5 full version. A copy of ISO Buster, and who knows what else. I even burned the final ISO right onto the CD and it's on there but will not do anything when played in the rom drive. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing! LOL.
Ok, basically you have to extract those files you downloaded from angelfire or whereever onto the floppies. Disk 1 and disk 2 to 2 floppies respectively. Then all you do is put your CD in your first CDROM drive (if you have more than 1) and put in the first floppy. Open My Computer -> A:\ (Floppy Drive) and double click on Setup. Just follow onscreen instructions from then. The setup will ask you to swap floppies then back again and that should be it. Then when you start Mitchell On Demand, leave the CD in and just click ok when it asks to register the "import" models CD. You should be on your way from there. I hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Racer

Originally posted by some1
Damn, is anyone here using WINDOWS XP? I tried to install the first diskette and it said that the application was not a valid Win32 application? And then I finally got it to start installing and it came to the setup.exe file, it didn't work and the install becme corrupt. Anyone with this problem?
Download the two zip files again and extract them to two new floppies and don't do anything while Windows is copying the files. I have Windows XP and everything was a breeze. The "not a valid Win32 application" normally occurs because the file is corrupt either from data transfer or what have you. This should work, if not, explain what happens next and we all can help figure it out, that is if you don't first!

Hope this helps,
James
Old 08-17-2002, 08:48 PM

Well it says that setup disk is in an invalid drive. This occurrs when I use floppy 1 in the A drive. I get the Mitchell page and then the error of invalid drive.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:32 PM

Okay now I took all of my downloads to my old Windows 98 computer just to see if it is an XP thing. Windows 98 gives me the same error on Disk1. I'm getting very close to making the call to order the Manual from Helms LOL.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:49 PM

Now I have even re-downloaded the two disks again and unzipped and put onto new floppies. I still get this message when using Mitchell install

"Setup disk is in an invalid drive. Run setup from A:\,B:\, or F:\..
This application is not properly installed. Please re-run setup at a later time to install this application properly"

My floppy drive is A by the way.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Racer

Hey Rick,

I don't know what's up but if you have the time, write a completely detailed description of what you did step by step... From inserting the first floppy then opening My Computer and then from then what? If you do this it will be easier to pin point where you might have gone wrong. Standard Troubleshooting.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-17-2002, 10:37 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by athlonxp
Hey Rick,

I don't know what's up but if you have the time, write a completely detailed description of what you did step by step... From inserting the first floppy then opening My Computer and then from then what? If you do this it will be easier to pin point where you might have gone wrong. Standard Troubleshooting.

Thanks,
James
James,

It looks like I've got everything downloaded, but every time I try to save "Disk 1" to my "A" drive, I get a mssg saying that the file is too large!
Old 08-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by dustbuster4
James,

It looks like I've got everything downloaded, but every time I try to save "Disk 1" to my "A" drive, I get a mssg saying that the file is too large!
Is it a new floppy that you are using or a used one. If so, format the disk first, by right clicking on the A:\ Drive icon and selecting format from the menu. Then extract the files from the zip drive directly onto the disk. Or to be sure, open the zip file, extract it to a temporary folder on your Hard Drive. Then open the folder and drag all the files to the floppy.

You might have to set your system to show all hidden and system files since there might be some .dlls that are hidden. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

BTW, tell me what Operating system you are running.

Any other ques, ask away! I'll be glad to help, if I am.

Good Luck!

-James-

P.S. I'll type up instructions step by step. Check back.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:13 PM

Well, I'm wondering about the order of my operations. I've tried so many things, my head is starting to swim. My floppies contain 25 files on dsk1
and 6 files on dsk 2

I have tried having the files on the disk opened and zipped.

What should be in the drives(cd wise) when I open the floppy #1 at the A drive?

Also, What form should the main 480MB file be stored as on the CD? Mine was just copied when it was an ISO file. Is some sort of conversion neccessary? I downloaded some ISObuster type utilities, but was told by someone that the ISO is a CD file that the CDROM recognizes. Am I on the right track at all?

The step by step thing would be really cool.

Thanks for all of the help, and sorry that I'm such a pest.
Rick
Old 08-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Racer

STEP BY STEP (Kind Of)

Windows 98/Me/XP

1. First, download disk1.zip, disk2.zip, and the .nrg file or the iso file.

2. Burn whichever image file you have to a CD using the appropriate program. (.nrg-Nero Burning Rom, iso-WinISO, EZCD Creator, or CDRWin, or Fireburner) These are not to be burned directly as such, Nero converts its image to files, EZCD Creator is best for ISO. Choose burn image in any of the programs and for Nero you use the .nrg file and for EZCD Creator you use the ISO file. .nrg and .iso are basically the whole CD compiled in one file that the appropriate program can supposedly “decode” and put it on a CD. If anyone needs step by step instructions on how to burn the image just post it.

3. After the burn is complete, put CD in your first CD-ROM Drive (the CDROM drive whose alpha-character comes first).

4. Using WinZip or WinRAR, or Windows Integrated Zip program extract Disk1.zip to a new folder on desktop named Disk1 and do the same for disk2.zip.

5. Now go to Folder Options in Control Panel and make sure “Show Hidden Files (something like that)” is selected, even the one that says something like operating system files? (It’s been a long time, recalling from Memory for Win98)

6. Ok, now that that is done insert a floppy you don’t mind having all the data erased. Go to “My Computer” and “Right Click” on Format. Choose to do a full format and don’t worry about Labels. Click “Start” or whatever the button is to start formatting and leave it be. It should take a minute or two. When finished double click on the A: Drive. Nothing should be there. Now minimize that Window.

7. Now open the Disk1 Folder on your desktop that you extracted the files to and select all the items in that folder. “Right Click” and choose copy. Then go over to the A: Drive Window and Paste the files. Close all windows and take out the disk.

8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for Disk2 as well.

9. Now insert that first disk with the contents of Disk1. Please note that the CDROM should still be in the drive just so that you don’t have to put it in later.

10. Go to My Computer and open the A: Drive. Double Click on the Setup.exe file and the Mitchell on Demand should start and begin unpacking files. Leave it be. Don’t do anything else, accessing a floppy is very slow and may freeze the computer.

11. The Setup Program will ask for all that info (shop name, your name, phone etc…) make it all up. Then just keep clicking next for the directories and everything. The Setup program will start installing and accessing the CDROM at the same time.

12. Setup will then pause and ask for you to insert the second disk. So wait till the floppy light stops, take out the disk, insert disk two, hit OK and it will start installing the rest of the files. It will then start copying from the CDROM.

13. After this, setup will ask for you to insert Floppy 1 again and it will finish installation.

14. There will be some messages, just click ok all the way through.

15. Now open Mitchell On-Demand either from the start menu or the open window that setup created.

16. The program will recognize the CD and ask if you want to import it into the database (this is what Mitchell calls registration) click yes for the “import models” and when asked for domestic click no.

17. Remember that the CD is needed to use the program every time. Click on the Vehicle button at the top and just select your vehicle. Remember the CD is only for Acura, Honda, and Isuzu. Clicking on any other will ask you for a CD for that appropriate model.

18. This should be it. It should work as it has for 2 of my XP systems and one of my Windows 98 system. I’ll try it on my laptop next running ME. It’s all the same though.

If any of this seems unclear just tell me and I’ll clarify it. If anyone has anything else to add do so.

If the main problem is burning the image, tell me, and I’ll create a tutorial with pictures. I can only do Nero Burning Rom first though since I’ll have to install Adaptec Easy CD Creator.

Have FUN everyone and Good Luck!!!

-James-
Old 08-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Racer

Nero Tutorial

1. Start Nero

2. Click "Cancel" to cancel out the beginning dialogue.

3. Click on the "File" menu and choose "Burn Image."

4. A window will pop up to locate the image file, in this case "final.nrg" by matts8008. Select it.

5. Simply click burn and don't worry about anything else.

6. The CD Burning Dialog will now take over and burn the image. A message "CD successfully burned at ..." will pop up when the it is done burning.

That's it, you'll have everything all set up. Your CD should show the files now. Now start installation by using the floppies.

I hope this helps. Sorry about all you slow connection people with all the pictures but I guess that's the only way one can visualize.

-James-
Old 08-18-2002, 02:11 AM
You know him right?

I finally got mine working...I kept getting messages saying that (at first) setup.exe was corrupt, but then i re-downloaded the first disk and it was good, the i got an error for wod.exe..i re-downloaded the second disk 2 times before it worked. Just burn the .iso or the .nrg file and put the 2 disks on diskettes. Thats it. If you have problems with the diskettes, try re-downloading them!! Thats what i did and it worked!!
Old 08-18-2002, 08:10 AM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

I know I'm a pain in the ass....but is there a way to do this w/o a cd burner?
Old 08-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Intermediate

Yes, it is possible to do it without a CD burner. You will need software that emulates a CD-Rom. I use FantomCD (www.fantomcd.com). You just open the software, go to File, load, then chose the ISO image. (You have to use the ISO, not NRG file). Then right click on the ISO image in the software, chose "Mount on Device", then pick the drive letter.
You should then have a fake CD-ROM installed in My Computer with the software on it.

I know this doesnt make much sense, so maybe someone else can explain things better.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:29 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I've spent so much time trying to figure this out this shit, that I'm just gonna send the $$$$, and be done with it.

I can even begin to explain what I've done. I have many files downloaded, and NONE of them will fit on a floppy disk! :thumbsdn:

EDIT: Now that my tantrum is over; here's where I'm stuck.

After I enter the info (name, address, shop name, etc.) [in the "Mitchell On-Demand Setup"]; I get this error mssg:

"Please insert the first CD of the set in the first CD drive. The CD must belong to a set that is labeled "ODC98-4" or later."

I have the CD that I burned installed in drive D, so I don't understand what's wrong??????

ANY HELP??????
Old 08-18-2002, 04:20 PM

That's it, I'm done too. I have invested much time into this to no avail.
Nero burns the CD and says Successful Burn and there aint shit on the disk.

Thanks anyway for trying and all of the help from all of you kind folks.
Rick
Old 08-18-2002, 08:38 PM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

I've spent so much time trying to figure this out this shit, that I'm just gonna send the $$$$, and be done with it.

I can even begin to explain what I've done. I have many files downloaded, and NONE of them will fit on a floppy disk! :thumbsdn:

EDIT: Now that my tantrum is over; here's where I'm stuck.

After I enter the info (name, address, shop name, etc.) [in the "Mitchell On-Demand Setup"]; I get this error mssg:

"Please insert the first CD of the set in the first CD drive. The CD must belong to a set that is labeled "ODC98-4" or later."

I have the CD that I burned installed in drive D, so I don't understand what's wrong??????

ANY HELP??????
Thats what you get for trying to cram CL type S parts down the neck of a first gen.....:P
Old 08-18-2002, 09:12 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by niedejb

Thats what you get for trying to cram CL type S parts down the neck of a first gen.....:P

I downloaded everything AGAIN (for the 4th time), and I still get the same damn error mssg that I listed above.

I know it's not me! WTF is up?????
Old 08-18-2002, 09:20 PM

My fit is over too, but I will give it a rest for a bit.
Rick
Old 08-19-2002, 12:21 AM
You know him right?

I downloaded everything AGAIN (for the 4th time), and I still get the same damn error mssg that I listed above.

I know it's not me! WTF is up?????
That error came up for me too, I would possibly try to eject the cd and put it back in, wait until the cd-rom is done reading the cd (you should be able to hear it stop spinning) then press ok. Otherwise, your cd is probably screwed up. If you got that far, i'm pretty sure your diskettes should be okay, so flip the tab and write protect them. Now just work on the cd!! Hope this helps
Old 08-19-2002, 08:14 AM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW!!!

From reading all these posts, I can't wait to attempt getting this to work myself.

I've been downloading the ISO file while reading and now I can offically say that I am completely confused before I've even started doing anything.

Thanks to horny and matts8008 for making us all excited about getting the worst headache possible.

I'll try to help out once I start this whole process to see exactly what everyone is talking about, that is if I can figure anything out myself.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Instructor

can somone please put it of kazaa to make it easier on all of us?
Old 08-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Racer

Originally posted by jchavez
can somone please put it of kazaa to make it easier on all of us?
Alright Everyone, I have it on KaZaA but you won't be getting great speeds. It'll be about 26KB/s since my DSL upload line is limited to that. My system is on 24Hrs so take your time.

My user name is Acura30CL for KaZaA if anyone needs it. But just do a search on "Acura CL" and the 3 files should come up. They Are"

Disk1.zip
Disk2.zip
final.nrg

If those who want the iso don't bother, just get the nrg and download a trial of Nero Burning Rom (get a crack if wanted) and go a few of my past posts for instructions and pictures to burn the image if you haven't used it before (not trying to insult anyone's intelligence).

Thanks to HorneyLep for the "FREE" Manual and to Matts8008 for hosting it on his light speed server!!!

Alright Folks enjoy! BTW, for those who downloaded it off of KaZaa share it as well so the connection speeds go up for others.

Later,
James
Old 08-21-2002, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

I wouldnt recommend putting it on Kazaa. That is going to bring up broken downloads and such. Say someone downloads 3/4 of the file, then they host it and another 5 people download that broken file, etc. Then there is 50 broken copies of the images. But anyway, thats just my $.02. The server should be back online tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by athlonxp

Alright Everyone, I have it on KaZaA but you won't be getting great speeds. It'll be about 26KB/s since my DSL upload line is limited to that. My system is on 24Hrs so take your time.

My user name is Acura30CL for KaZaA if anyone needs it. But just do a search on "Acura CL" and the 3 files should come up. They Are"

Disk1.zip
Disk2.zip
final.nrg

If those who want the iso don't bother, just get the nrg and download a trial of Nero Burning Rom (get a crack if wanted) and go a few of my past posts for instructions and pictures to burn the image if you haven't used it before (not trying to insult anyone's intelligence).

Thanks to HorneyLep for the "FREE" Manual and to Matts8008 for hosting it on his light speed server!!!

Alright Folks enjoy! BTW, for those who downloaded it off of KaZaa share it as well so the connection speeds go up for others.

Later,
James

I cant find it, search finishes without any results.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:13 PM
Racer

Do a search for "Acura CL" or "Mitchell" or "On Demand" or the direct name and search for everything.

Jchavez, do you have Windows Messenger? I'll send it to you directly, it will be easier.

Hang on everyone who wants this, I'm setting up HTTP downloads so give me a little more time.

Thanks,
JP
Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

The FTP site is back online.

IP: 152.30.109.70
User: upload
Pass: upload

For those of you who arent good with FTP: ftp://upload:upload@152.30.109.70/ISO
Old 08-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Bent = #1

Aight guys I'm back with an even faster internet connection so I'm going to try and host the file too...I'm sorry that some of you cannot get the file to work...but i will be online most of the time...so if you want me to do the 1 on 1 talking to you about how to get it all to work you can send me a message...my screen name is "hornyleprechaun2"...and for those of you that have sent me $/SASE...i'll be receiving the ones that have arrived at my house this weekend since a friend is coming down to visit me...the rest will have to wait till labor day weekend...i'll post the names of who i have mailed the thing out to...so far HeavyP is the only one I have sent it out to...the people that sent me through paypal...i never had the chance to get the $ transferred into my bank account so thats why there was a delay..i'll send yours out along with the others this weekend...

CL'S
Old 08-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Racer

Hey HornyLep,

Welcome Back!!! About the PayPal that I sent you, keep it. It's for the manual. I've already downloaded it since I couldn't wait! And thanks again to Matts8008! Needed to do repairs on my suspension and the diagrams helped alot. Since I already downloaded it and installed it don't waste your time and money sending me another one.

-James-
Old 08-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Bent = #1

Aight thanks man....I really appreciate it..it'll buy a poor college guy a meal ..and thanks for helping everyone else out while i was gone...

CL'S

Quick Reply: Get Your Service Manual HERE